DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who killed Janduin? (rand's dad)

Doselan

have you ever heard of anyone else in the Two Rivers leaving? I know I haven't. Its the talk of Emonds Field that he left and came back, even 20 years after it happened.

Edmond's Field is not the whole of the Two Rivers, it's safe to assume folk from Taren Ferry have left, or even those from Watch Hill.  The individual villages are quite isolated from each other never mind the rest of the world.

And why would Tam have met Morgase?  The majority of his time on the outside was fighting in wars between Tear and the Whitecloaks.  When he went north to fight the Aiel, Morgase was still only a teenage girl trying to secure the throne of Andor.  She wasn't at Tar Valon in any capicity.

couldve been before he joined the Illianer Companions, travelling across Andor and taking refuge from a storm at Trakands Manor while she was there. or a meeting on the road, or an inn they both stayed at. "two ships passing in the night" and all that. I'm not saying they became close friends or anything, but Morgase had to hear the accent from somewhere, and we know that the Trakand line is vital in the last battle.

So if the Andoran Daughter-heir can disappear, become a Maiden of the Spear, get pregnant with a clan chief who is willing to flaut trqadition and custom for her, then give birth and die on a mountain everyone else stays away from, then it isnt too much of a stretch to think that Morgase once heard Tam talk

couldve been before he joined the Illianer Companions

Morgase would have been a very young child then.  Tam left the Two Rivers around the same age as Rand, probably a little older.  He then went on to serve in the Whitecloak War and two out of three of the last wars between Tear and Illian.  In this time he eventually became a blademaster and a Second Captain in the Companions.  He was probably in his 30s or even possibly his 40s by the time he was called to Tar Valon for the Blood Snows.  Morgase was only 16 when she was involved in the succession.  So she either wasn't even concieved when Tam left the Two Rivers or she was far too young to remember a possible encournter with him.

travelling across Andor and taking refuge from a storm at Trakands Manor while she was there.

That's quite a bit out of the way isn't it?  If he went straight to Caemlyn, he would have taken the Queen's highway.  Personally I think it is more likely that he took ship at Whitebridge and went down to Illian that way.

or a meeting on the road,

I am not very sure that her house guard would have let some strange man walk up to a young child in their charge and start chatting about the economics of tabac..

or an inn they both stayed at.

Possibly.  But what would have Tam said that imprinted its self so deep on her thought?  There is no way a young girl would remember a passing accent in a random inn 20+ years later.  How could she be sure it even was Two Rivers?

but Morgase had to hear the accent from somewhere

And that somewhere doesn't have to be Tam nor is it the most likely.

and we know that the Trakand line is vital in the last battle.

No, we know the Royal Line of Andor is vital to the Last Battle.  This foretelling was made when a Mantear not a Trakand held the throne.  Rand is the son of the Royal Line, the Mantears but not the Trakands.

So if the Andoran Daughter-heir can disappear, become a Maiden of the Spear, get pregnant with a clan chief who is willing to flaut trqadition and custom for her, then give birth and die on a mountain everyone else stays away from, then it isnt too much of a stretch to think that Morgase once heard Tam talk

I'm sorry, but the turning of the Wheel, to bring forth its defence mechanism, the Dragon, cannot be compared to Tam possibly meeting a young girl on the road in which they discuss things which leave a lasting impression on her for years to come.

The Whitecloak War was in 957 NE, Morgase was 16 in 972 NE having only spent less than two years in Tar Valon.  There is no way that Tam could have met her and made a lasting impression at that age.  That only really leaves the time of the Aiel War for them to have met, but Morgase would have met him as Tam al'Thor, Second Captain to the Illian Companions, Blademaster and technically her subject.  When Rand said his father's name, you'd think it would light a few bulbs.

Edit: it's very likely Morgase wasn't even in her mother's womb when Tam went to Illian.  He had probably been with the Illian military for a couple of years before the Whitecloak War.

I think Isam and Luc can exist in the real world at the same time. In TSR (i think) Luc leads a group of Two Rivers folk to tell the Whiteclaoks they aint welsome, but someone had to tell the Fades to ambush Perrins party.

No, Isam and Luc cannot exist in the "real world" at the same time.  Slayer can simply move from location to location very very quickly by entering Tel'aran'rhiod in the flesh and exiting somewhere else.  See Winter's Heart, chapter 22, and notice the way that changing from one to the other in the waking world is a part of shifting from Tel'aran'rhiod.  Within Tel'aran'rhiod he can be either (though not both simultaneously) at will, but in order to change in the waking world he must enter Tel'aran'rhiod, even if only for a moment.

Just to prove I'm not making this part up, this is from Jordan's blog:

Slayer just chooses who he will be when he steps into or out of Tel’aran’rhiod.  The stepping in and out is part of the mechanism for his change.  He couldn’t do it in the middle of a street, say, not without the stepping in or out.  Which might be a little noticeable, since he would vanish from sight for a perceptible time.

http://www.dragonmount.com/RobertJordan/?p=26

Isam and Luc cannot be in two places at once.  Bodily, they are one.

As for Morgase releasing Rand because of a very old impression of an accent ... that was Deus Ex Ta'veren at its finest.  It's probably best to just not question it ...  ;)  But keep in mind folks, one of the slated prequels really was supposed to be about "the Amazing Adventures of Tam al'Thor."

Archived