DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Question about 'Greens' and The Warder Bond...Like: Can Alanna, Avi + Elayne...?

I think this is interesting, and, as always, if this has been discussed before alot among the hundreds and thoudands of Topics and Pages and I missed it - Me sorry.

Anyway, I think this is sorta interesting (to me at least)

We know ALL ABOUT the link formed between a Warder and a Channeler (usually an Aes Sedai, now Ashaman) through The Bond.

Moiraine and Lan, Verin and Toman...etc.

BUT....What about between the WARDERS when there are MULTIPLE Warders bonded to a single Channeler. This is USUALLY reserved for Green Ajah ... Rand is not Green Aes Sedai but he falls into this category as well. So, lets use him as an example:

So...Can Avi, Elayne and Alanna ''Feel'' EACH OTHER because all three of them are bonded to Rand.

Like: Lets say Elayne is sitting on her throne in Camelyn and Alanna were to ride into town through the city gates...at that moment, would Elayne sense Alanna coming?

If Avi gets stabbed, does Elayne feel it? See what Im saying?

Take Joline Sedai. She has muliple warders. Fen and Blaric ... Do Balric and Fen ''sense'' each other?

Fish

As to Min, no she can't. Aviendha and Elayne can sense each other to a degree as a result of their adoption ceremony.

I don't know if twin-Warders enjoy any connection. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say not, but I have no proof of that.

YoniyO - if YOUR post looks funny, its because *I* messed up then went back and edited, lol.

I always mix-up and think that MIN is one of Rand's three warders. (I think because of her constant proximity to Rand - maybe also because I tend to forget about Alanna.)

But yes. Alanna, Elayne and Avi are Rand's Warders. ... NOT Min, Elaybe and Avi.

Fish

Shit, you're right. Well, this settles the question of what if any connection twin-Warders share. We have a detailed description of everyone that's hanging around in Rand's head, and Birgitte doesn't make an appearance.

Yoniyo...Well, Rand and Birgitte wouldn't be connected...they are not directly connected. They would be Twice Removed.

But, Avi, Elayne and Alanna are not TWICE removed, they are...on the same level...if that makes sense.

I can see Avi and Elayne and Alanna being able to feel EACH Other.

BUT ...I do NOT think that Rand, Avi or Alanna should be able to feel Birgitte...Make sense??? (if it does, explain it to me becaue Im starting to confuse MYSELF - LOL!!!)))

- Fish

The way I see it, Alanna can't sense the other girls. Elayne and Avi can sense each other because of the bond they made with each other as sister in the Aiel Custom.

Alanna made Rand her Warder, so she can sence him and he can sense her, that is the extent of that bond.

Elayne made Rand her Warder, she can sense him and he can sense her. That is the extent of that bond*.

Avi is channeler and made the Warder bond like Elayne did** to Rand, so she can sense him and he can sense her. That is the extent of that bond*.

Min I am not completely sure about, but it seems a lot like she has the warder bond as well.  I was pretty sure she has been able to sense him, but it may just be that she can read him and knows him well.

So Rand can sense each of the ones he is Bonded to, and they can each sense him, but the girls can not sense the other people he is bonded to.

* I am not sure exactly what happened when the three girls (Elayne, Avi and Min, as I recall) bonded him, but I had assumed it was the channelers placing the warder bond on him and somehow tying Min into it. I do not recall any times where the girls talk about sensing Min, and I believe I recall a few where they wish they could.

** I am not sure exactly what happened the night they bonded him so this was the closest guess I had, and they way I've been interpreting it. 

Yeah, I think you are too :)

Rand and Birgitte are both on the receiving side of the Warder Bond (both Bonded to Elayne).

Elayne, Aviendha, Min (a non-channeler, it's not entirely clear what the effects of that are) and Alanna are all on the giving side of the Bond (all have Bonded Rand).

As I said before, I don't believe Warders Bonded to the same woman will experience a connection (and I now consider Rand and Birgitte proof of that), and I see even less cause to assume AS who Bond the same Warder will (I find it very hard to believe Alanna wouldn't comment on that when she confronted Rand. She didn't know what caused her to lose consciousness until Rand told her he'd been Bonded a second time).

BTW, Toveine Gazal and Gabrelle don't seem to share a connection, so I'd say it doesn't work this way when an AM Bonds a woman, too.

Yeah, I think you are too :)

Rand and Birgitte are both on the receiving side of the Warder Bond (both Bonded to Elayne).

Elayne, Aviendha, Min (a non-channeler, it's not entirely clear what the effects of that are) and Alanna are all on the giving side of the Bond (all have Bonded Rand).

As I said before, I don't believe Warders Bonded to the same woman will experience a connection (and I now consider Rand and Birgitte proof of that), and I see even less cause to assume AS who Bond the same Warder will (I find it very hard to believe Alanna wouldn't comment on that when she confronted Rand. She didn't know what caused her to lose consciousness until Rand told her he'd been Bonded a second time).

BTW, Toveine Gazal and Gabrelle don't seem to share a connection, so I'd say it doesn't work this way when an AM Bonds a woman, too.

After Elayne, Aviendha, and Min bonded Rand, they were only aware of Rand's feelings, not one another. Even though Alanna wasn't told, she had a big notion of what Rand had done.  The bond only works 1:1, bonder to bondee, neither bondee to bondee, or bonder to bonder IMO.  I have never seen any evidence otherwise.

Archived