DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Im a Bit Suprised There Hasn't Been More Talk About ... Min's New Vision in TGS

"She was kneeling over someone's corpse in a posture of grief."

I think it's a red herring. The last battle is coming, Nyn will have lots of opportunity to kneel over bodies.

As some of the other posters have alluded to, we don't know when this occurs. It could be before, during or after the last battle. Hence, it could be Nyn kneeling over Lan's corpse after he died of natural causes, and after Malkier has been reestablished.  

The other thing is, "in a posture of grief", may not necessarily mean that Nyn is grieving. For example, it could be that Nyn is kneeling over Cadsuane's body pulling her hair piece off her head after Rand torches her. This is probably too tenuous, but would be fun to see.

The phrase 'remember laughter and tears' gets thrown around so much, with viewings of Logain laughing, Nynaeve weeping.  Is this what Rand must remember?  Logain and Nynaeve?  She cured Logain's desire to die.  She is married to Lan who also wants to die yet held off so long as she was around, and Rand.

Moridin sure seems like he wants to die.  Nynaeve to sort him out?

Was Nynaeve still having problems with her block when she healed Logain?

I have read through this.  It is possible it would be Lan but I do not think so.  There has been no mention of Nyn being pregnant, and an earlier viewing of Mins talks about a babe with Lan's ring (I think).  I also do not believe it will be Rand, in my thinking it is going to be his three women who save him. 

That leaves me with one.  I would have to say Mat.  We already know Mat has to die.  RJ stated he did not die in Rhuidean and because of Balefire he never really died in Caeylem.  Mat still has to die, IMHO. 

I cannot give any evidence to this other than a gut feel.

Tom

I have read through this.  It is possible it would be Lan but I do not think so.  There has been no mention of Nyn being pregnant, and an earlier viewing of Mins talks about a babe with Lan's ring (I think).  I also do not believe it will be Rand, in my thinking it is going to be his three women who save him. 

That leaves me with one.  I would have to say Mat.  We already know Mat has to die.  RJ stated he did not die in Rhuidean and because of Balefire he never really died in Caeylem.  Mat still has to die, IMHO. 

I cannot give any evidence to this other than a gut feel.

Tom

Actually, you are quite wrong in this.

RJ confirmed that the Finns "viewing" as such, WAS fulfilled in Cameyln.

Balticon XXX April 1996 - Bill Garrett reporting

Mat's amulet blocks both saidin and saidar. Jordan answered this one straight-out when asked. He pointed out that the amulet only blocks actual weavings of the One Power, not the physical effects that could be caused by a weaving. For example, Elayne was able to use the One Power to hurl a rock at Mat. Rahvin was able to create a bolt of lightning which struck Mat. (Jordan noted that Mat's death by lightning and subsequent undoing of his death when Rand balefired Rahvin, fulfills a prophecy about living, dying, and then living again.)

I really wanted to address what Charlz said back on the 1st page of this thread, about Lan, Malkier, women etc. I only re-read New Spring there last week. Given that it holds the only Lan PoVs we've got so far, it's invaluable in this context.

Several times in New Spring, Lan thinks of how the Blight fight is calling, pulling him.

And, while Ethenielle was indeed trying to revive Malkier, for her own ambition, Nyn is really only using Malkier, IMO, to garner enough support for Lan's upcoming stand at Tarwin's Gap. Look how that merchant reacted- tears and everything. He won't be the only one. Lan will have a sizable force behind him, prob including many disaffected by their (Borderland) rulers' absence.

Emotional and all as she can be, I think Nyn is really very pragmatic. Malkier remaining dead only really affects her insofar as it affects him. I think for Lan, avenging Malkier is far more important than resurrecting it.

Lan always seems kind of eager to be about the baddie-killin' business, so I don't think there will be any depression in him as he rides to do what he considers his duty. He might be annoyed with her, but he'll understand her reasoning, I think. He'll miss her, too - he does love her.

And if there HAS been alot of mention of it, and Ive missed it, my apologies.

Anyways: TGS Chapter 48 Reading The Commentary

The ladies are sitting around chatting...Nynaeve comes into the room. Min looks up:

***And...what was that vision that was suddenly hovering above Nynaeve's head? She was kneeling over someone's corpse in a posture of grief. The viewing was gone a moment later.***

I still think this one is about Tam. The viewing takes place as Rand is talking to Tam. Rand flies into fury on hearing that Tam came to him at Cadsuane's direction, and nearly balefires him.

If he had done so, Nynaeve would indeed grieve, because she fetched Tam to Rand, and would feel responsible for his death (represented by the 'corpse' altough balefire would not leave a body, as has been pointed out).

But he doesn't. He pulls back, and flees to Ebou Dar in guilt and confusion..

.. and the viewing 'was gone a moment later' in reponse to Rand's ta'veren influence on the Pattern.

No, as far as i can recall, no special attention has been drawn to the disappearance of a viewing.

I think we have heard of the images disappearing, but not actually had as much emphasis as this particular one has.

Not sure where I stand on the viewing itself however.

Archived