DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Im a Bit Suprised There Hasn't Been More Talk About ... Min's New Vision in TGS

And if there HAS been alot of mention of it, and Ive missed it, my apologies.

Anyways: TGS Chapter 48 Reading The Commentary

The ladies are sitting around chatting...Nynaeve comes into the room. Min looks up:

***And...what was that vision that was suddenly hovering above Nynaeve's head? She was kneeling over someone's corpse in a posture of grief. The viewing was gone a moment later.***

Ok. Lets talk about this: I understand of course that the OBVIOUS conclusion is that this is Lan she is kneeling over in grief. However, I STRONGLY feel that that is TOO Obvious. Maybe even a pure Red Herring.

So, my question to any of you guys that agree with me that Lan is too obvious...WHO is this in Min's latest vision and what is this person's connection to Nynaeve - and what significance might his (or her) death hold?

Fish

cortezthekiller: Like I said, between hundreds of pages and thousands of topics, I miss a few from time to time. I have not seen this one before that I recall - my apologies.

nolirion: sorry if you didn't make it to the end of my post but I did actually refer to the corpse as ''His or Her'' ;-)

mossman: I actually think your theory sounds like...right on the money. Very likely, I'd imagine. I like it alot. Very alot.

Fish

In all honesty, I've always had a strange feeling it could be Tam, as I think aside from Lan the only person she'd show that reaction to is an Emonds Fielder. I hope it isn't, but I think a lot of the older characters may die in the next book, such as Juilan, Dyelin and Sorilea. Hopefully the last two are darkfriends and it'll all be for the best

The way I see it, Rand IS going to die, at least in some form. Nyneave will probably stick with him until then. So, we could continue to speculate, but in the end it's just like asking whether we think anyone else will die. The Foretelling is accounted for.

yoniyO: I totally agree with you on this.

Then why did you start this thread? (Note: this question is not intended too seriously, please don't feel the need to justify starting the thread.)

Another point that has been raised is that Lan is fifteen years older than Nyneave and a non-channeler besides; even assuming he dies of old age, Nyneave's looks will not have changed much by then, and Min might not have noticed the age difference.

Seriously, there is something going on here that I think has been under-discussed, whether or not it's directly related to this viewing.  Lan was not fully recovered from Moiraine's 'death' when Nyneave abandoned him.  Furthermore, as we saw in New Spring, he has very strong bad associations with women in his life trying to force him to revive Malkier.  It's likely that he's going to get very depressed on this mission that Nyneave has set for him.  I don't think that necessarily means he'll die, but I think that what Nyneave did was grossly unfair to Lan (in spite of how much fun it was to read) and will come back to bite in one way or another.

I think it's unfortunately going to be Perrin. Here

s why:

1. Perrin throughout the story has been built up as a like-able blue collar kind of guy who is thrust into greatness. His character recently has been pretty stagnant since rescuing Faile, although likely to change in the next book. He is a likealbe guy who cares about his family.

2. Perrin is the bannerman as seen in tGH. Assuming the Last Battle is indeed a battle he will be at the front charging with the banner at the enemy putting himself at harm's way.

3. Someone important has to die. The Wheel of Time has been something great but it wouldn't be truly good if all the people we like live through it.

There's is my opinion. Runner Up: Egwene

Charlz Fel: You said """Then why did you start this thread?''''

Because I didn't know what I thought Min's vision meant when I STARTED this thread, lol ;)

When Mossman and YoniyO came in and gave their theory (which are the same) I was then really struck by the feasibility of it.

Fish

Trumpeteer - I can see it being Perrin. I really can. I dont think it is, but it makes at least a little bit of real sense. If Fail were not the one there to hold him when he died though, I would think it more likely to be Egwene...Egwene and Perrin are much close. I agree Perrin has been stagnant. I have a feeling is going to be a real BEAST (pun intended, lol) at The Last Battle and I can't wait!

Charlz Fel - I agree that it of course very well could indeed be Lan. Im just operating on the theory that that is too obvious, lol.

Fish

I think it's Lan, as cortezthekiller says:

Anyway, I like the idea that Lan dies in the Battle of Tarwin's Gap and in her impalpable grief, Nyn finally does the 'impossible' (again) and brings him back.

I don't think Nyneve will bring Rand back: I;m sorry I can't find the proper text

The Lion Sword, the Dedicated Spear & she who see's beyond, Three in a boat & he who is dead but still lives.

Nyneve is not in this viewing that I'm aware of, the girls will bring Rand back. Aviendha & Elayne were reborn as sisters, this could hold clues to the riddle.

The Lion Sword, the Dedicated Spear & she who see's beyond, Three in a boat & he who is dead but still lives.

Interesting that, it is similar to the prophecies "stands on his own grave"

Both allude to the "Rand being dead but alive" (LTT being dead)

So im thinking that this particular fortelling isnt necesarily of them bringing back Rand, but more of a description of Rand, like Elayne is the Lion Sword, doesnt actually mean she is a lion sword, the same with Rand here. He is just the guy who is both LTT who has died, but now Rand, who lives.

Having said that, it is pretty evident that Rand has to die, im just saying this particular fortelling isnt anything ot do with that death, its jsut a  description of Rand, as it is for the others

I've heard whispers that it could be Myrelle (it was posted in a thread about the sisters from Egwene's camp that went to the Black Tower).

This would be insanely bad for Nynaeve.  Cause she'd have a husband going beserk on his way to Tarwin's Gap.

I've heard whispers that it could be Myrelle (it was posted in a thread about the sisters from Egwene's camp that went to the Black Tower).

This would be insanely bad for Nynaeve.  Cause she'd have a husband going beserk on his way to Tarwin's Gap.

That's a really interesting thought, on a thematic level. Hmmm...

In all honesty, I've always had a strange feeling it could be Tam, as I think aside from Lan the only person she'd show that reaction to is an Emonds Fielder. I hope it isn't, but I think a lot of the older characters may die in the next book, such as Juilan, Dyelin and Sorilea. Hopefully the last two are darkfriends and it'll all be for the best

I think she would show it for an Elayne, but I don't think it's Elayne.

cortezthekiller: Like I said, between hundreds of pages and thousands of topics, I miss a few from time to time. I have not seen this one before that I recall - my apologies.

haha, don't apologize, I was just teasing.

I have only seen it come up in other threads, so it deserved it's own thread anyway.

Cheers!

I'm betting it is Lan.

In an earlier book, Valan Luca was courting Nynaeve, and one thing he said always stuck with me. I can't remember the exact phrase, but it was something like "we will meet again" or "one day we will be together". I've had it in the back of my mind that Lan might die, and these two might actually get together down the road. Probably long after the last battle, but who knows, maybe there will be a hint of this in one of the final books.

I'm betting it is Lan.

In an earlier book, Valan Luca was courting Nynaeve, and one thing he said always stuck with me. I can't remember the exact phrase, but it was something like "we will meet again" or "one day we will be together". I've had it in the back of my mind that Lan might die, and these two might actually get together down the road. Probably long after the last battle, but who knows, maybe there will be a hint of this in one of the final books.

Ummm, Luca is married now, i dont think they will give each other up, unless of course, his wife dies, but im not seeing it.

Archived