DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Amyrlin Egwene: The dirty little secrets

Lambada

Rand was damn not the same thing !!!

He was in a position where this was is only choice , learn to control saidin or die trying with no guidance . But you would perhaps prefer him been trained by Ishi?

Don't forget the taint issue to and Lanfear didn't truly give him a choice.

To make it simple Rand cut the bound betwin the Do and asmodean ; Egwene should have stilled her on the spot or killed her , this is way not the same thing .

Not to mention that Rand is not AS and therefore not bound by Tower Law.  There is not law that says that a normal person can't harbor a Forsaken, thus Rand broke not law.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two points. The first, we know Tower Law would have seen Mohedien Stilled and executed should she stand trial, but I remember nothing about Egwene being forced by Law to bring her to trial.

The second, I'm positively certain that Tear has a law against Darkfirends, which makes swearing to the Shadow punishable by death. For that matter, Cairhienian law and Aiel ji'e'toh surely say the same. Rand had said time and time again that no one is exempt from the law, otherwise there's no law at all. So technically, Rand did act against whatever laws or customs there are in the countries he ruled at the time (and Asmodean spent quite some time in Cairhien with Rand).

Now, I'm not saying I don't agree with what Rand did. I do. But to pretend Egwene broke some cardinal law while Rand's actions where unassailable, I think that's hypocritical.

Added another two

6) She impersonated Aes Sedai when she was only an Accepted

7) She divulged knowledge of the 13th depository to someone not authorised to know of it. Yet in Book 7 it is thought (I think by Egwene) that doing so is treason.

7) She divulged knowledge of the 13th depository to someone not authorised to know of it. Yet in Book 7 it is thought (I think by Egwene) that doing so is treason.

Yes, now, see, I think that in that situation it's actually Siuan who broke the Law (from a Loyalist point of view). Egwene weren't authorized to have that information herself, and from what happened to that Brown sister we know that simply mentioning the 13th depository when you're not in the know isn't such a grand offence.

On the other hand, from a Rebel point of view, Siuan did nothing wrong.

However hypocritical/ dilusional about AS relevance Egwene is, the sad fact is, and just like politics in most countries in our world, theres not really anyone better, and there are a lot of people who would be worse, so we just have to be gratefull that Romanda/Tony Abbot isnt Amyrlin/Prime minister, and hope that in a couple of generations we will get a crop of Aes Sedai/Politicians, who actually realise they are there to serve and lead the people, not their own personal/ajah/parties interests.

Added another two

6) She impersonated Aes Sedai when she was only an Accepted

First off, awesome sig.

#6 is the only one major enough to cause the Hall to move. They've realized that they have to be behind their Amyrlin atleast 85% to be effective during TG. I could see a two month penance, but nothing more.

#7 is negligible, she mentioned two or three vague historical events, it was Bennae who sought more. Egwene might be held responsible in different times, but they know that they need her now, and it would take something disastrous to remove her.

Archived