DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moiraine and The Eye of the World

algspkr

The Great Hunt, Chapter 13 "from Stone to Stone."  Rand tries to channel himself, Hurin and Loial back into the real world by visualizing a scene in the real world, rather than by putting his hand on the appropriate symbol.  The void shatters into a thousand pieces "like glass", and Rand thinks that had never happened before.

The Great Hunt, Chapter 13 "from Stone to Stone."  Rand tries to channel himself, Hurin and Loial back into the real world by visualizing a scene in the real world, rather than by putting his hand on the appropriate symbol.  The void shatters into a thousand pieces "like glass", and Rand thinks that had never happened before.

sounds like the womens version of travelling

• 2 months later...

Perhaps the pure saidin was mostly to protect the first seal they found there. Or more precisely, the focus of the seal- and maybe since one of the 'focuses' was immersed in pure saidin, the DO's corruption wouldn't be working on any of them, which would explain why they would afterwords so rapidly deteriorate in a couple years after thousands of years with no problem. It seems odd to me as well that so many powerful channelers would sacrifice themselves at such a critical time with so much to do if it wasn't a very good reason indeed.

I have always had a different idea regarding the eye of the world.

According to Agelmar, the Blight was ready to boil over into another Trollock wars. The Borderlands were going to be overrun and the Forsaken would have been released into a world where the armies of Randland were to busy surviving to do anything else.

Imagine Rand trying to unite the nations and fulfill the prophecies while Caemlyn and Carhien are being besieged by trollocks.

I don’t know if it was the original intended purpose, but Rand channeling at the battle of Tarwin’s Gap saved Randland from a second Trollock War, and I am convinced that it had a role in Spring returning. If winter had continued for another month the world would have starved.

It is what was needed. which is what the Eye has always been about

Archived