DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Identify this flower for me?

Jelly

Considering the fact that it's from DeviantArt, it might not be based on a real flower.  It could just be an artistic rendering or painting or modified photo. 

If it is real, I can't help you, because I honestly don't know a thing about flowers.  Sorry.

Oh, no, it is, I took that photo. I found it in my grandad's garden when he was away and my mum has no idea what it is, which is unusual. Just thought it looked quite interesting. Thanks anyway. :) There should be someone around who knows about flowers, I think.

it might be a type of bud, not flower.

the best and easiest way to find out what type of flower it is, is to find out what type of plant it's budding off of.

i did a search on Green Flower's and the only thing i cam up with that looks both naturala nd remotely close is a plant called a "Green Rose"

green_rose.jpg

What does the rest of the plant look like? It looks like a cactus or something.

The leaves are more like spikes, though not those typical of a cactus (I think). They don't grow very tall, really; that I saw, anyway.

I believe it is a hybrid of which one part is a Hatiora cactus(http://cactiguide.com/cactus/?genus=Hatiora). The structure of the flower fits with nothing else.

Only, the plant does not appear to be succulent, and Hatiora does not usually have green flowers... Which are too broad factors to determine the other parent.

One thing I'm 100% sure of: it's not a native plant to Western Europe.

Archived