DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Book Covers

powderhound

Hello Jordanites

Can someone tell me where i can get a file pic (jpg) and description of the book covers. I know that there are some serious deviations from the in-book descriptions but nevertheless i would like to know if i have been right in what and who i think they all are.

thanks

Tim

http://www.surfinvest.com/ImagesV.php?T=fantasy&D=the_wheel_of_time_darell_k_sweet&Page=1

If you go here you can get full pics of books The Eye of the World through Winter's Heart, plus the short story version of New Spring for Legends cover. It doesn't give any discriptions though. But if you want to talk about who we all pretty much believe are the characters on the covers, it would go something like this:

The Eye of the World: Lan and Moriaine, Rand is the guy behind them, the girl behind Rand is Egwene, the guy with an axe is Perrin, and god only know who the rest are. For the inside cover, you have Lan, Moriaine, Rand is the guy behind them, Mat is the guy in blue, Perrin's the guy with the axe, Egwene is the woman, and god only knows where Thom is.

The Great Hunt: This one is pretty obvious, Rand is holding the horn, Loial is the Ogier looking guy, and Lanfear/Selene. Everyone else is a trolloc.

The Dragon Reborn: Rand is the guy going for the sword, Mat is the guy in blue, and Perrin is the man with the axe. The rest are Aiel and Tearian soldiers.

The Shadow Rising: Rand is the guy sitting on the wagon, Mat is standing next to him in red, Egwene is the woman near the fire. The rest are Aiel with trollocs dispersed in the background if you look hard enough.

The Fires of Heaven: Rand is the guy in red, Mat is the guy who looks just like you would imagine Mat to look, and Aviendha is believed to be the red headed girl.

Lord of Chaos: Rand is the guy in white who looks like he belongs on a romance novel cover. I don't think anyone could guarentee the exact identity of the Aes Sedai.

A Crown of Swords: Rand

The Path of Daggers: Rand leading his army.

Winter's Heart: Perrin is the guy who looks like Perrin, Berelain is believed to be the woman on the horse, Masema is the old bald man, Gaul is believed to be the Aielman.

Crossroads of Twilight: Mat is the guy in green with the awesome hat, Juilin is the guy with his bow drawn, Thom is the old man in purple, Tuon is the dark woman in blue, and Selucia is the blonde woman in white helping her.

The Great Hunt: This one is pretty obvious, Rand is holding the horn, Loial is the Ogier looking guy, and Lanfear/Selene. Everyone else is a trolloc.

I have the first three books in the UK version - so I had never look at that cover before I just looked it up on amazon - the Ogier is really disapointing but I guess I have watched to much Shrek :-)

Hey Kadere

Thanks for those explanations, but I still have yet to find all the covers (front and back) in jpg format. DM has a few but not all...

Also, your explanations are accurate but I am not sure I agree with the Masema prediction. Supposed to be 'completely' bald and has a nasty scar on face...course as you point out the covers are not really known for their accurate portrayals of the descriptions given by RJ (see Matt’s medallion on front of FOH). I was thinking Balwer as someone else said

T

Archived