DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

It doesn't add up to me, though.... Dah'mir's accusation. I mean, if say we went ahead and lynched either Daruya or Mynd today..... and whoever of them got lynched turns out innocent, then we'd know Dah'mir lied and we'd procceed to lynch him on the next day.

So, making such an accusation, if a lie, would be an incredibly dumb scummy strategic move.  :/  And since I don't think Dah'mir is dumb.... this is definitely making me wonder.... and getting a headache from it too. The same one I get from homework and playing chess :P

Nyn

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a normal mafia game, Nyn, I would agree.  In a game where everyone has some kind of role; however, you have to be very careful.  For example, in the LOTR game that Talya ran recently, Meesh was absolutely sure of Adella's scumminess with no basis for it.  She was essentially as vague as Dah'mir about it and with no evidence other than her claim, people were starting to suspect her mafia.

As it turned out, she was being controlled by Sauron and told that she must push for a lynch on Adella.  I suspect that if HE WHO CANNOT BE NAMED is in this game, he might have a similar influence.  I suspect that Dahmir is either making a poor move, misguided in his reading, or influenced in the very same way that Meesh was in the other game.

Like the Transformers,

there's more here than meets the eye.

What is going on?

To recap: Dah'mir says Mynd and Daruya are scum without telling us how he knows. Mynd has confirmed hos claim of Lupin and has not been counterclaimed. Pete doubled Daruya thinking to get her when there was a double kill, but instead there seems to be a double PR, making Daruya a PR giver; alignment uncertain. Thorum continues attacking Mynd and claims he (Mynd) and Wombat are working together. Thorum and Adella remain unchallenged on the miller mason claim. Aemon claims a pointy-eared dishcloth-wearing servant who roleblocks. Mynd continues attack on Wombat in relation to Aust's death.

Wow. This is better than a soap opera!

Also why won't anyone answer my question about Azkaban, and how does it differ from dying, not in the book sense but in the game play.

On the dead thread it says for those that have departed and those sent to Azkaban or something like that.

Okay, I think you're making a big deal out of nothing; someone else said it's probably for story purposes and I pretty much agree.

We're voting on who to lynch.  "Lynching" obviously isn't what's happening, I haven't seen a gallows in the game thus far.  So, I would assume that since we're voting on who we think is probably mafia, it's like saying "I think you're a bad guy."  Criminals go to jail.  Jail, or Azkaban prison, is out of the game. (Boopsy, AKA Hagrid, was arrested and taken to Azkaban when we lynched him)

And then for the dearly departed or whatever, it's who died during the night.

There could be more to the Azkaban thing, but I doubt it, unless we have someone who can "break people out" of prison (so only those who were lynched could be brought back to life).

I, like Dar, had thought that perhaps Mynd could be brilliantly hinting at Fenrir Greyback, because that would be a genius move.  Who in their right mind would claim to be someone who could only be anti-town?  So everyone would think he was Lupin, and on the off chance that Lupin wasn't actually in the game, or that someone missed his hints (which people have), or that whoever really IS Lupin is inactive, he'd get away with it without really lying, and people would think he was all but a confirmed innocent.

However, that would be pretty risky once the hints started getting pretty blatant, so even though I'm glad the possibility has occurred to more than just myself, I honestly don't think that's the case anymore, and haven't for a while.  The town thing has been noted a million times over, as well.  Too over-emphasized even when ignored to be a mafia taking a swing in the dark in hopes he'll strike gold.

I don't know, this whole thing is bothering me, though.  It seems like no matter what someone is saying that might ping the radar, logic steps in to prevent people from acting out on that.  Or at least is preventing me from acting out on that.

I'm looking the most at Dar, and Dah.  And Thorum, too, just because I think there might be a cult of sorts in the game, with it being this size and all.  Or a mafia with a recruit, exchangeable for a night kill or something like that (at the very least, I would wager that there isn't just one anti-town faction present).

I am following what people say about Wombat, however he hasn't particularly stuck out to me so I don't have any real thoughts on him.

I don't think Adella is scum with him, though, if he's scum at all.

I really am torn about Dah.  It does seem like too stupid of a scum move to make to really be a scum move, but I'm still inclined to think he's lying.  He hasn't really done any good for the town, has only made accusations that have little or no real support, has been acting really scummy (at least in my eyes, which again, could just be playstyle differences), and has claimed to "know" someone is mafia who has given me, at least, every reason to believe he is not.  Not to mention that that particular person has received Dah's vote pretty consistently since the start of the game, Day 2 though it may be.

I think that Dah's claim really doesn't make sense, though.  If it does, then he's not helping the town any by refusing to supply the missing puzzle pieces that would allow other people to see how it makes sense.  Because if he's town, he's flirting with a lynching here, and if he has a useful ability then he shouldn't want to get lynched and should be trying to get to safer ground.

**edit for Mynd's new post**

Hmm, you'd think I of all people would have considered that possibility, Mynd, but I hadn't...I still think it's unlikely, though.  But a possibility, since he does refuse to say more than just that he knows.

I didnt say that Dar is mafia. I said that Mynd and Charis is mafia.

Look guys what i'm saying is true about Mynd and Charis.

And for you guys out there, yes I'll reveal. I'm the finder. And if needed to back up myself here. I view Mynd on the first day and he came back Anti-town alignment. When the day was redone again, i was able to view another person i.e. Charis (sorry noona) and she came back with Anti-town alignment as well. So there you guys go. I know i'm probably gonna get killed for this but hey, i got 2 mafias viewed in Day 1. SO healer out there, please keep me safe.  ;D

Ah, Day-finder.  That would actually make more sense.  Thank you.

I'm still pretty torn on whether to trust your viewings, but I'm actually more inclined to believe you after what you just said than I was before.

If you're right, though, then all those inactive people are harming the game by making it easy for the mafia to false-claim.

*shakes head*

I'm sorry, but wow.  You have gut feelings that someone is mafia, get a finder result that has a 25% chance of being wrong (each time), have plenty of evidence that would support the idea that you probably got an inaccurate viewing at least once, and you're just going to go on with your gut feeling despite the fact that it means you have to ignore a lot of what's going on in order to do so.

That's like spitting in the face of logic just because you don't like what it says to you.

Hunches in games can be useful

But facts are more helpful

By that Mynd could well be town

So [glow=red,2,300]Charis[/glow] has a good chance of going down!

I'm not saying what you say is true

but there is a chance to review

So with either of my views we should make a consensus on who we should vote. Either one of them can be mafia. Its almost like what Nyn said before. We lynch them, if they're town, then i go down.

And its 75% for Mynd to be mafia too.

Sorry, my bad, I said Daruya instead of Charis  xD  I always confuse blues :P  One of my character flaws. They look so alike, after all.

Anyway...despite my previously stated suspects for Day 2... I'm down with testing Dah'mir's claim. I have to decide which of the two I'm going to vote for, though. So I'm going to ponder on it for a bit longer.

Nyn

And its 75% for Mynd to be mafia too.

Not given his claim.  Actually it's less than 75% for Charis too as we have to consider the possibility that you are lying.  I don't think you are, but then again maybe you think your life is worth two innocents as well as misplaced healer protection.  Even considering that though, I think the odds would figure out to a lot better than those for lynching a random player.

Woah! Stop the madness, people!

Dah - I dont know if you're an LLL, but if your reading on me is mafia then you are seriously deranged. I dont mind revealing at all (though I hinted at it before), that I'm Viktor Krum, famous Quidditch player, once love interest of Hermione, a student at Durmstrang school for boys, and in all ways both Town and Innocent.

Someone is lying here and it sure as hell aint me.

Why would i lie about my role. It was pretty flat out there that i was the finder Wombat. If both came back anti-town then at least one of them has to be mafia. All my reading cant be anti-town....well i'm just waiting on my next read to see if that is true anyways.

If you say Charis...unless my reading on you came back false or you're just throwing a name out there to make us not believe what you are mafia.  

It's possible that what you're saying is correct, Wombat. However, we don't know how many healers are out there nor if they're buying Dah'mir's story... neither would mafia for that matter. So this would be a highly silly move for a REALLY far-fetched and nearly impossible outcome..... but hey, who knows, right?

My problem with this.... even though I am on board... is that if one of them is lynched and comes off innocent Dah'mir will always have the 'it's 75%' card. So, I'm really RAELLY hoping that this will result in lynching scum. Otherwise, it's going to get seriously tricky.

Nyn

Why would i lie about my role. It was pretty flat out there that i was the finder Wombat. If both came back anti-town then at least one of them has to be mafia. All my reading cant be anti-town....well i'm just waiting on my next read to see if that is true anyways.

If you say Charis...unless my reading on you came back false or you're just throwing a name out there to make us not believe what you are mafia.  

I cant just throw a name out there. With 40 people in the game the chances of me not claiming someone else's character is too large. This is my character and his alignment is Town and innocent. I believe that you may be who you say you are, Dah b/c a Finder with 75% accurate viewing is perfectly acceptable in a game this large. However, your finding on me is totally off. I dont know if it's off about Mynd. I can only speak for myself. I have no other alliances.

If you're not a Finder and just throwing us into confusion, well I tip my hat to you. You've already got several eating out of the palm of your hand.

*goes back to playing Quidditch*

Okay. Well, I'm going to sleep now and I have a long day tomorrow and I'm not sure if I'll manage to log on... so I prefer to cast my vote now, just in case.

My vote goes to [glow=red,2,300]Charis[/glow]. I tend to believe Dah'mir in this scenario. I admit I'm not 100% sure of my choice, but Dah'mir is coming off a tad more reliable to me at the moment.

The reason why I'm not going for Mynd right now is that I want to see if Dah'mir's reading turns out to be true. If it is, then it's bye bye Mynd on the next day... if it's not, though, and I'd find myself in a position where I have to reconsider my stand... I would like Mynd to still be in the game because he contributes more to discussion than Charis does.

Here's hoping we bag scum  ^_^  *purrs*

Nyn

ok well alot has been said and i'm still trying to get my head around it. i haven't posted cause i don't feel that i have anything constractive to add and posting fluff(i think tnhats what its called) doesn't help the town. i have a couple of question tho

1. why do people think just cause aust was percy that he was town?

2. is there a role that switches a nk to another player? i swear i read it some where but cant find it again

if any one has questions i am happy to answer them

So, let me recap, just so I can make sure I have this right.

Dahmir, claims to be a 75% accurate finder.

Dahmir claims Mynd is anti-town.

Dahmir claims Charis is anti-town. 

Dahmir has not revealed his character.

First of all, this would be an awesome claim for mafia.  Risky, but how can we hold him 100% responsible for lynching either of us?  Remember, if his claim is true, then there is a 25% chance that he got an inaccurate reading even if the other has already flipped anti-town.  That's how probability works.  I don't suddenly have a greater chance of being scum simply because Charis flips town, and the other way around. 

Suppose Dahmir is telling the truth.  Charis could also be telling the truth and if we lynch her, we kill a town player.  Then, we decide to lynch me despite the insurmountable evidence to the contrary, and I flip (surprise) town.  So, we then say "well, Dahmir must be scum" so we lynch Dahmir who has been telling the truth the whole time and lynch our third town.  Toss in a couple night kills and you have the Mafia rolling on the floor laughing at our ignorance. 

So how valuable is a maybe-so/maybe-not finder anyway?  What if he is 25% wrong every time?  Improbable but possible.  Just go to vegas and ask the nearest pit boss. 

Then, we factor in the likely hood that Dahmir is a LYING LIAR WHO LIES WITH PANTS ON FIRE!!!

What further has me believe that this is some poorly executed gambit is that he only started in on Charis after Charis disagreed his claim. 

Dahmir, if you claim to be a day finder, then who did you find today on Day 2 and what was your reading?

Also, its time to reveal your character. 

I am not sure lynching Charis is a good idea either at this point. 

A lying liar

his pants ablaze with fire

getting us all lynched!

Archived