DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello!

Hello!

Some of you may know me from Tar Valon or Avron Ayende ^^ At AA my nick is same as here and on tv.net I'm Lijena Tarkand.

For those who don't know me I'm 18 year old Philological High School and future Design Student from Belgrade in Serbia. And I totally have no inspiration what to write so just ask what you want to know ;)

Welcome to DM!

Languages rock! Well, ancient ones anyway, since I was a Classics (Ancient Greek and Latin) student at university.

Enjoy browsing DM, and hopefully you can find a few places to call "home". And do not hesitate to ask us any questions about the site, what to do, or just want some help in you get lost - we will do our best to help. :)

Yes me and Marta live somewhat close :p

Hehe Corki I'm studying the same atm in HS... so Elgee Sedai I'm studying Ancient Greek and Latin and I somewhat regret it...not latin but greek I surely do...it's too hard...

Thanks! I surely will ask if I need some help :D

And Marta I hope the same...and I'm pretty sure I will like it :D

Lasagna friend! Was it good?  :D

So did Marta twist your arm to join, or did you decide all on your own?  :D

Maybe Corki can help you with your homework  ;)

Ahh lasagna was good...very good...Marta's cooking is awesome :D

Well I joined here long time ago but I guess I managed to find some old forum cause everywhere I couldn't find posts that weren't 2 years old or such so I never posted...but yeah Marta did inspire me to join again :D

Well...I have 3 weeks left of HS so I won't really have any homework...if I only new earlier...

Hmm I don't know if she joined Marta...

While I preferred Ancient Greek as a language, Latin is way easier to remember! I lost count the number of times I just had to keep relearning everything before my Ancient Greek exams - it must have been a couple of times a year for 8 years! Ancient Greek is a much more beautiful language than Latin - the sound play with the words, the genitive sandwich, the structure for emphasis on key words.

Maybe Corki can help you with your homework  ;)

I can try, but it is two years since I left university and I now have to focus on accountancy instead.  :(

Welcome to DM Ivien.

I'm in awe of anyone who is good at languages, especially the Classics. Plus you are a friend of Marta's, and you like lasagna, so you got to be pretty good.. ;D

I can see the relationship there, Corki  Accountancy = Greek and Latin, lol

I can see the relationship there, Corki  Accountancy = Greek and Latin, lol

The fact there isn't one? lol! And I was desperate for a job after graduating... Having said that, I have enjoyed it!

Im amazed that anyone could grasp Greek and/or Latin. ter 3 years of attempting Latin.. about all rember is "Semper Ubi sub ubi" and "puella est in silva" hehe.

Sort some reason I found learning Mandarin and Korean much easier.

Welcome to DM! I am Adella, one of Marta's "lovelies" as she calls us (which I like) I am very happy her friends are joining! And I am also jealous of the lasagna you got to eat *pouts*

Archived