DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Soundtrack Music - It's A Knockout (Winner: Riders of Rohan)

Corki

Round 2, Tie 3

The Coronation from Stardust (Ilan Eshkeri)

This has all my favourite bits of the Stardist score in it and captures the main mood of the film really well.

Link:

vs.

Into the West from Lord of the Rings (Annie Lennox/Howard Shore)

Because it's a stunning piece of music and won an Academy Award in 2004 and really ends the trilogy well.

Link:

Voting ends Tuesday 27th April 2010 at 11pm (BST)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Round 2, Tie 4

The Imperial March from Star Wars (John Williams)

This has to be some of the best music from the film, you can see the Imperial Army all lined up in your head when this plays, lol!

Link:

vs.

Main Theme from Jurassic Park (John Williams)

This bit of music always makes me smile...its triumphant and dramatic and is instantly recognisable.

Link:

Voting ends Tuesday 27th April 2010 at 11pm (BST)

Time to conclude the second round and announce the results and remaining semi-finalists.

In the 3rd tie, we have a tie at 4 votes each. So that means I get to cast the deciding vote, and that goes to The Coronation, which takes its place in the semi-finals with a 5-4 victory.

And the Imperial March storms into the semi-finals with a 5-2 victory in the last second round tie.

Time now for the first semi-final tie.

Semi-Final, Tie 1

Riders of Rohan from Lord of the Rings (Howard Shore)

I just love the way this music flows, It conjures up the feeling of riding a horse and suits the landscape of Rohan and the Edge of the White Mountains, it backs onto.

Link:

vs.

The Imperial March from Star Wars (John Williams)

This has to be some of the best music from the film, you can see the Imperial Army all lined up in your head when this plays, lol!

Link:

Voting ends Wednesday 28th April 2010 at 11pm (BST)

Time to wrap the first semi-final. And we have a tie at 4-4! So I have to yet again cast the deciding vote.  It is tough to pick a winner, but I am going to stay with my original vote of Riders of Rohan. As a result, the Riders of Rohan make it through to the Grand Final with a close 5-4 victory.

Time for the other semi-final!

Semi-Final, Tie 2

Duel of Fates from Star Wars (John Williams)

THIS is my favorite John Williams song, EVAR! He crafts a piece that, in my opinion, is beyond him. I'm not sure how he did it, but he truly broke the mold with this song. Such force, such clarity, such daring, such bravery, such action, in one song...it's incredible.

Link: Duel of Fates from Star Wars

vs.

The Coronation from Stardust (Ilan Eshkeri)

This has all my favourite bits of the Stardist score in it and captures the main mood of the film really well.

Link:

Voting ends Thursday 29th April 2010 at 11pm (BST)

Archived