DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Web Comic Artist(s) Needed!!!

Vanion

Alright folks... I am looking for an artist for a web comic based on the Wheel of Time.

The comic is called The Asha'man Chronicles, and is going to be a comedy/action mashup, giving a satirical portrayal of day to day life in the Black Tower.

I already have a website and all that jazz setup and live, I just need an artist, or artists, who are interested in getting some of their work out there for the world to see.

No, I cannot pay you for this, so you'll be working simply for the glory. After the comic takes off though, and the profiteering begins, we can split it. I have a specialty with internet marketing, so I guarantee you, I can make this project massive, provided I can find a dedicated artist with knowledge of the Wheel of Time and who has some talent. Now, I am not asking that you be a superb artist or anything. Take a look at XKCD and The Order of the Stick. Stick figure comics can become massive too... though I don't want stick figures for this strip lol

If you are interested in jumping on board with this, send me a short little fan-strip based on the Black Tower. You can email it to ryan@blacktower-comic.com

Thanks folks! I hope to receive some of your strips soon!

The hard part is finding people who are willing to do it for free lol

Cmon people! Its only working for free at the start. Once we've got the fan-base, we start merchandising and selling ad space on the site. THAT is when we start making the money, and THEN you get paid.

Sounds like a great chance, but I'm like Nyn, in more ways than one... (we're both girls you know) ;)

I can't draw, at least not people and stuff...

keep us informed how it goes though Van, we'll be interested.

It's getting to the point where I think I am going to have to actually PAY an artist up front... Its a sad sad day where I can't talk someone into working for free...

Maybe my brother would be interested. He is a WoT fanatic, and he is a damn good artist... he just doesn't draw characters... he is more a fantasy art kinda guy...

It's annoying, actually. I do love WoT, I just can't draw for the life of me.

You might want to try your luck in TV.net. In the TVT there's a person who's actually going to do short comic bits of WoT from what I understood. Want me to PM the person and ask?

Also, I'm not sure where I read about it, but I think Aubrey was actually drawing WoT cards or the likes. Maybe she'll be interested.

Nyn

I've got some topics up across a few other sections of DM looking for artists.

But yes Nyn, PM that person from TVT and see if they have any interest.

And ask Aubrey to PM me about the project please?  ;D

Thanks Beautiful!

I'm already combing through deviantart.com, conceptart.org. drunkenduck.com, thewebcomclist.com and other places...

I've also got ads out on Kijiji, which have had a few responses, but not from the type of artists I am looking for... had one response from a guy who'd passion in art is drawing breasts. And, while his work was good (he actually attached his portfolio to the email!) I am not out to start a comic about breasts.

Archived