DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Female Vocalist for the Band's Band - It's A Knockout (Winner: Sharon den Adel)

Corki

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Round 1, Tie 8

Demi Lovato

Okay, I know she's Disney-produced, but honestly, listen to her vocals! She has got one powerhouse voice, and amazing control too. The girl can SING. She is best known for her role as Mitchie Torres in the Disney Channel Original Movie, Camp Rock. Lovato stated that she likes metal music, especially black metal and metalcore.

Links: Catch Me and

vs.

Lacey Mosley (of Flyleaf)

I think she has a pretty unique voice; and while I don't listen to as much of Flyleaf as my brothers do, or a few of my friends do, I do appreciate a few of the songs and like her vocals. She is also the main lyricist for the band. She received a pair of Grammy nominations at the 52nd Grammy Awards

Link:

and

Voting ends Tuesday 23rd February 2010 at 11pm (GMT)

There are enough votes to end this contest (I'm so glad we have got out of our indecisive nature of January!). As a result, Lacey Mosley takes the last place in the 2nd Round.

And in order to finish this by the end of February, there shall be 2 ties a day. So make sure you vote in both!

Round 2, Tie 1

Simone Simons (of Epica)

I'm a huge fan of female metal in general and I just missed her on the list. Especially since this band is well on their way to become famous even outside europe. Simone's voice is amazing in every way, I have a few other female metal vocalists that I enjoy most of wich are already nominated. But Simone is definatly the best one for me!

Links:

and

vs.

Dawn Richardson (of Fireflight)

I'm not really sure. She is the lead singer of Christian rock band Fireflight. I just really like her voice and the music Fireflight does. She does a fantastic job as the lead singer, although her Cruella de Vil hair coloring is kind of scary!  ;D

Link:

and

Voting ends Wednesday 24th February 2010 at 11pm (GMT)

Round 2, Tie 2

PJ Harvey

One of few really unique female voices in rock. The most important thing for a rock vocalist to have is passion, and there is no female (and few male) vocalists who has more passion than Polly Jean Harvey.    

Link:

vs.

Lisa Kelly (of Celtic Woman)

She has one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard. She has also been involved in many musicals, taking on the roles of "Velma Kelly" in Chicago, "Maria" in West Side Story and "Sandy" in Grease. She was asked to join Celtic Woman in 2004 - what was meant to be a one night performance has turned into 5 albums!

Now We Are Free and The Voice

Voting ends Wednesday 25th February 2010 at 11pm (GMT)

In the first tie, we have a draw, but the M-G wants to move things along, so gets to cast the deciding vote. And that goes to Simone Simons, who therefore wins by 5 votes to 4.

There is no need for a deciding vote from the M-G in the 2nd tie of the 2nd Round, as Lisa Kelly eases to a 6-2 win over PJ Harvey.

The 3rd and 4th ties are on the way!

Round 2, Tie 3

Sharon den Adel (of Within Temptation)

There was a desire to just put "goddess" and "one of Corki's three Muses" as the reason for the nomination...but I decided I would expand of that! Sharon den Adel is the lead singer of the Dutch symphonic metal/rock group Within Temptation. She is a mezzo-soprano singer who has never been trained, and her vocals play a major role in the band's sound. Before going full time with music, she worked in the world of fashion, and designs the group's merchandise. Have I mentioned the word "goddess" already?  ;D

Links:

and Ice Queen (LIVE)

vs.

Lacey Mosley (of Flyleaf)

I think she has a pretty unique voice; and while I don't listen to as much of Flyleaf as my brothers do, or a few of my friends do, I do appreciate a few of the songs and like her vocals. She is also the main lyricist for the band. She received a pair of Grammy nominations at the 52nd Grammy Awards

Link:

and

Voting ends Thursday 25th February 2010 at 11pm (GMT)

Round 2, Tie 4

Francesca Battistelli

I LOVE her voice. It is amazing. That is all I can say, I just love it. Her music is pretty good too. Just a little more information - she is a Christian musician from New York City. Her first album was released in 2004 independently, but her first studio album came out in 2008. She received her first Grammy Award nomination in 2009 for "Best Gospel Performance" with her single Free To Be Me.

Links:

and

vs.

Annie Lennox

While I'm not a big fan of her music with the Eurythmics, once she went solo she created some amazing music that rates among my favorite of all time. She is an Oscar winner, winning in 2004 with her song from The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Into the West. She is known as a pop culture icon for her distinctive contralto vocals and visual performances.

Links:

and

Voting ends Thursday 25th February 2010 at 11pm (GMT)

And this is an incredibly easy vote for me (no offense to anyone else, of course)...

Lacey Mosley and Francesca Battistelli

My main beef with Sharon is too much soprano from what I've seen/heard, and not always in a setting I can enjoy it.  I liked "Memories" but other than that I'm not really a fan.  And I think Francesca has the better vocals. :D

Archived