DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Female Vocalist for the Band's Band - It's A Knockout (Winner: Sharon den Adel)

Corki

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Round 1, Tie 6

Loreena McKennitt

She has a beautiful voice ("a warbling soprano") and a fantastic body of music. The Mystic's Dream in the following music video some fan of WoW made is just one example of her many pieces. She has sold more than 13 million records worldwide.

Links:

vs.

PJ Harvey

One of few really unique female voices in rock. The most important thing for a rock vocalist to have is passion, and there is no female (and few male) vocalists who has more passion than Polly Jean Harvey.    

Link:

Voting ends Sunday 21st February 2010 at 11pm (GMT)

Round 1, Tie 7

Francesca Battistelli

I LOVE her voice. It is amazing. That is all I can say, I just love it. Her music is pretty good too. Just a little more information - she is a Christian musician from New York City. Her first album was released in 2004 independently, but her first studio album came out in 2008. She received her first Grammy Award nomination in 2009 for "Best Gospel Performance" with her single Free To Be Me.

Links:

and

vs.

Cristina Scabbia (of Lacuna Coil)

She's got a killer voice and rocks hard. Plus, she's Italian and hot. She has a contralto vocal range, and has said that the biggest compliment that a fan could pay her would be to remark on her vocal abilities. She started out as a backing singer, before doing sessions for Ethereal (the name before Lacuna Coil), and the group liked the male/female vocal combination, she became a permanent member. She also writes an advice column in the popular rock magazine Revolver, alongside musician Vinnie Paul.

Link:

and

Voting ends Monday 22nd February 2010 at 11pm (GMT)

Archived