DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favorite places in the world!

Reyoru

Ok, what is your favorite place to be in the whole world? Post pictures so that the rest of us can gawp and be amazed  ;D

I have two favourite places that hold a special place in my heart. The first is Torbole on Lake Garda, in North Italy:

torbole.jpg

torbole.jpg

4497702.jpg

I went there in summer 2008 with my school orchestra for a week-long music tour, and fell in love with it. Honestly amazing in every way - the scenery is spectacular, but its not the soulless abode that has become the fate of popular tourist destinations - it retains that wonderful Italian community, where people live in small towns, and everyone knows everyone else, like an extended family. And I'm sure I don't have to talk to you about cuisine - nothing comes close to beating authentic Italian pasta, pizza and ice cream  :D

The second place is the Egyptian desert near the Red Sea, the site of the oldest monastry in Christianity, St. Anthonys, founded in 356 AD.

01.jpg

n1067636956_320386_6020.jpg

n1067636956_320392_8885.jpg

500x250%20St%20Anthonys%20entrance%20gates.jpg

I understand that to many people who aren't religious it will be of no significant value, but I love the ancient monasteries in that area - to me they're a fountain of spiritual tranquility. It is one of the deepest feelings of calmness I have ever experienced - to stand alone on a mountain in the middle of wilderness, see nothing but desert expanding to the horizon all around you, and it is the perfect place for me to connect with God - as if there is nothing else in the world, no pressures, no responsiblities or cares. Complete peace.

Well, I've done mine, now it's your turn! Post pics if you can so we can all share  ;)

one of my favourite places has to be Greece. I love Ancient Mythology and the momuments are out of this world. Here are a few of the places I have been to when there. (I've been to Greece or the Islands more times than I can count)

Athens, the Acropolis - I've been here 3 times. And it is still amazing everytime.

parthenon-and-the-acropolis-landmark-1.jpg

The Oracle of Delphi

DelphiGreece.jpg

Knossos, crete -  been here a few times too.

knossos0.jpg

Mount olympus - i nearly got to the top, but the weather was bad and they wouldn't let us, still I saw the peak and I wasn't far off, Couldn't see the Gods, i guess they were out shopping.

B15MountOlympus.jpg

This place is called Agios Nikolaos - My Aunt used to live here, She still lives between Crete and Athens.

Agios%20Nikolaos,%20Crete,%20Greece.jpg

I can't wait to see them Tynaal!

Rey, I've always wanted to visit Italy, maybe someday.

As for the monastry, i would find that interesting, though if I was in that area, I would be drawn to the Ancient Egyptiuan sites, they have always been a passion of mine :)

I can't wait to see them Tynaal!

Rey, I've always wanted to visit Italy, maybe someday.

As for the monastry, i would find that interesting, though if I was in that area, I would be drawn to the Ancient Egyptiuan sites, they have always been a passion of mine :)

Italy is absolutely beautiful! And Egypt is my homeland, full of treasures. I have uploaded a load of photos of the Temples of Karnak over in the Ogier Architect's Museum at the Ogier  ;)

THOSE ARE GORGEOUS! I'm sososososo jealous. I can't wait until I get my chance to go to Egypt and Greece.

One of my favorites is here:

lakemichigan.jpg

yes... that's me :D

here's another shot:

037.jpg

Its Lake Michigan. But I loooove it!

Another is here:

antigua-guatemala.jpg

Its, Antigua, Guatemala. I went on a mission trip there in High school, and it is a beautiful place.

Archived