DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I hate Aes Sedai!

Dagon Thyne

Aes Sedai have done a lot to help, but they do fall into the trap of they think they always know best.   In the end you see that Aes Sedai are human and not perfect not always good or bad,  But they have the strengths and failings of everyone else.

• 7 months later...

And let's not forget one important fact.  the White tower was not the first or only I survived stronghold formed after the breaking. There were others.  the White tower basically destroyed all of the others because they wanted all the power for themselves.  that is why they have a law that states that they are the only legitimate gathering of Channelors, and they attack in the other Chandler's who try to gather in groups, not because it's dangerous but because they don't want threat to their power.  their power and the White tower itself is more important to the I said die than even stopping the shadow.  There I said died who would let the duff one win or even join the black ajah, if they discovered that the White tower would have to be destroyed in order to stop The dark one.  

Not sure about all of that, the Aes Sedai take three oaths but any gathering of Channelers don't, so it mostly to prevent a group going about and using their power for the wrong reasons.  The Aes Sedai knew about the kin and never attacked them.  They also want to stop people from going about and falsely claiming they are Aes Sedai.  They do think they should be in charge of anyone who can channel.  But they are more concerned with people going around and using the power for bad purposes since by default any female who can channel is considered Aes Sedai, so anything bad some channeler does the WT gets blamed for.

Edited by Sabio

Warning Spoilers

I think the Aes Sedai are going to find the next few decades a very difficult time, they no longer dominate as they once did, they have lost possibly, at least 1/2 there members in 3 years, and the loyalties of several dozen more are now suspect(Black Tower Bonded) have been forced into major changes in relation to over age Novices and the Kin, Have an Ajah who has lost its main purpose(Red). Have lost a lot of the automatic fear, trust and respect of a lot of people including the Kin. Their number one supporters amongst the rulers of the Westlands(Borderlanders) are so severally weakened, that we cant be certain all 5 Borderland Nations will survive. The only good thing that has happened is Andor and Cairhien have united under a Aes Sedai Queen.

They now face 4 rival groups of Channelers, the Seanchan who think they all should be leashed, The Aiel who have lost the automatic respect they once had, The Sea Folk are now open about Channeling and have lost there fear of showing it, the Black Tower who are not going to forgive or forget 3000 years of men being hunted down, anytime soon. The leaders of these Groups are not going to automatically obey a summons from the Armylin Seat and are just as likely to demand that she comes to them. 

Edited by Harldin

ItThe three lobes are a joke.  Yes they take them but they look for every opportunity to create loopholes around them. They are a technicality.  

If there is even the smallest hint of Truth and something ice guy says they consider it true incest get around the oath about lying.  This is how the three oaths were designed.  They were created with the intent of allowing I said die to get around them easily.  They were created as smoke and mirrors so that's why I said I could put on a show for regular people and pretend like they are bound.  

Siuan put it very nicely when she's told Egwene the three of us were the only reason people trusted Aes Sedai, and it's that trust she wanted to protect.  But the part she left out was that the ice and I don't actually live up to the Oaths because they always look for ways to get around them.  

They were created just to trick people into trusting Aes Sedai.