DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Jubilee

Locke

I wish I was still alive in the Mafia game. Good luck! Once it is all said and done I'm totally going to yell a lot. I've also learned something though. The link that says a new townie should just sit back and let others do things is BS, you should totally do stuff. Though I need to learn how to not die.

I don't really have any sort of patterns with my game-playing...each game has been an individual and separate experience.  I notice that I rarely make it to endgame as an innocent, though.  I think once, so far.  Of course, that's partly due to the fact that I've been mafia more times than innocent, I think.

Game history...

1st game ever (I don't count it though)--Deathnote Mafia. Innocent Vigilante with a one-time kill.  NKed Night 1. Game never completed, so I still don't know who was scum and who wasn't.

1st game I count--Wolfkin Mafia. Mafia. Won.

2nd--Harry Potter Mafia (I think). Mafia turned cult. Won.

3rd--Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Mafia. Willy Wonka--NKed final Night and lost.

4th--White Tower Mafia.  Green Ajah with Charis.  Game never finished, but I survived the whole time.

Somewhere around this time I modded my first game. I could be getting some games mixed up or forgetting, but I do the best I can.

5th--Newbie Mafia. Mafia. Lynched day-before-last and lost.

These next ones all happened around the same time, and at the same time as WT mafia was still going...

6th--80's band mafia.  Vanilla bandie.  Lynched day-before-last and lost.

7th--Epic Mafia Wheel of Time. Mafia. Lynched toward the end. Won.

8th--SG Mafia. Vanilla Townie (Quote Lady). Lost due to endgame.  So I guess that's twice I made it to endgame as an innocent.

9th--Banned Books Mafia. Mafia. Won.

10th--Heroes vs Villains Mafia.  Innocent Miller and member of Brotherhood of Order. Won.

Took a huge break here.

11th--Haunted House mafia (mafia, backed out and was replaced Day 1 though)/Mafia Revolution (innocent Apothecary, NKed Night 1, lost)

12th--Princess Bride mafia (backed out of)/Mafia Christmas Tale (still continuing).

13th--Twilight New Moon mafia, still going.

So I guess I've actively played in 13 games now... Wow. Oh, snap, forgot one in there somewhere.  DPR Cannibal Wars mafia.  That game was messed up.  I was a vanilla mafia to start with who gained the Neighbor role but was lynched before things got REALLY confusing. I lost, by the way. Most people did.  I can't remember exactly when that one was going on...after Newbie Mafia, I think, but before the next batch.  Can't recall, though.

So 14 games. *whistles*

Oh, and I just counted the number of games I was actually mafia in.  Slightly less than half, so I guess I can't complain about having less experience as an innocent. :D

That must have been so confusing for you, Zep.  As an outsider once I'd died, I had absolutely no idea what was going on.  The endgame actually made me do a doubletake, and I sat there for a while trying to wrap my mind around it, because I was so confused.

That was a totally crazy game.  Props to DPR for having the brains to come up with something that screwy.

yeah, i had almost given up. then i got recruited.

I can't believe i pulled that PR off lol

That was a terrible way of doing it, though.  Especially since everyone believed you, and felt horrible about the "situation."

I'm not ever going to do more than one mafia at a time....

That's terribly smart.  If you do too many, you'll get spread too thin and let things slide, slip, or you'll get burnt out.

I'm putting together a game to mod, and when it's ready for sign-ups I'll PM a bunch of people so they if they want to play they can make sure they're not going to be too swamped, and so they are sure to get a spot if they want one. :D

I know, I know, but now you know that instead of doing it like that, next time you should just go with unconvincing rather than making people believe you just suffered a terrible tragedy. :D

With some people, Eebs, it takes a few games to become addicted.  And there are varying levels of addiction, of course.  Some, like Pete, will play any game so long as it's a game.  He even signed up for a Twilight game, and he HATES Twilight.  Just so he could play.  He's also always making up another game to mod...  Basically, mafia is like a drug to them and they can never get enough.

Others, like me, are addicted in that sometimes we just don't know when to say "no."  We really enjoy the game, but we're not totally obsessed.  However, we can't resist a game that sounds intriguing or has a theme we really like.

You might be one of those people who never gets addicted at all, but if you aren't, you probably won't know till you've played a few times. :D

Yay! :D  I'm still working on it, so you've got plenty of time before it'll go up. ;)

*sets to work on her mafia game*

I think I'll ask DSage for help pounding it out; it's not going to be hugely complicated or anything and I know he sure as heck ain't gonna be around to play it, so I can be sure I'll have a balanced game while also not keeping anyone active on DM from being able to play, if they want.

I hope it'll be a fun game; I'm really looking forward to it even though it's still going through lots of changes and work. ^^

Archived