DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Attn: ALL Novices. Intro to Saidar Group Class

According to the new requirements, all novices are to complete at least ONE OP RP, taught by an Accepted, or an Aes Sedai.  With Lavinya's permission for me to teach a OP group class, I have offered up my Accepted Nenen as the teacher for this group classes.

Nenen's bio is here for your reference

The OP class Nenen will be teaching is the Intro to Saidar Class

So here's how it will work.

There will be a total of 6 threads, with each thread being a lesson, so there will be a total of 6 lessons for this requirement.  After all the signups are done, I will put up the first class ASAP, and I will tell you OOCly what the gist of your reply is supposed to be.  You will each post one reply in each thread, but you can post more if you want to.  This will bring you to a total of 6 posts at the end of the Class, more than enough to fulfill your Novice Requirements.

Each of your posts MUST be at least 250 words.  You're welcome to post more than once in a thread, but it's not going to count towards anything (ie. you still have to participate in the other classes).  You will have 2 weeks to post in each thread, and the threads will be put up whenever each lesson is done.  Please take your time to write it up, rather than rushing through it.  Quality over quantity, though the minimum requirements must be met. Remember that you are in Randland, and use appropriate language.  No modern day technology like computers and such.

Use this opportunity to explore your character, interact with your fellow novices, and above all ... HAVE FUN!

LESSON OUTLINE

1.  Introduction to Saidar.  Nenen will be telling you about the One Power, Saidar, Saidin, and the Five Powers.

2.  Embracing the Source.  You will be guided through a step-by-step process on how to embrace the True Source.  (Psst.  Accidents CAN occur)

3.  Controlling the Source.  You will learn how to control the amount of Power that you embrace, how to lessen the amount and such.

4.  Identifying the Five Powers.  Here, you will learn to identify the Five Powers and their different colours.

5.  Learning to Weave 1.  You will learn to weave Air and Water in this lesson.

6.  Learning to Weave 2.  You will learn to weave Earth and Fire in this lesson.

SIGNUPS

Kalinde Yarrah (perine) - 5 7 6 2 6 26 38 64

Iraleia Temarelin (Elliara) - 8 8 6 3 4 29 30 59

Dyrum Alede (DarthRand) - 7 5 6 5 6 29 30 59

Serey Dorrin (Serey) - 6 5 8 5 5 29 30 59

Ykoria Eranyame (Kelitor) - 8 6 6 5 5 30 30 60

Rytali Basim (Visar Falmaien) - 5 5 7 3 3 23 33 56

Asking a question is optional.  But you must include a reaction to what is being said.  What are your thoughts?  Your feelings?  How do you react at the subject of stilling, of the Five Powers, of the nature of the One Power?

That is roughly the essence of your post.

My intro thread is still going, does it need to be complete before signing it up, or can I sign in and do them simultaneously?

We've two weeks to post on each thread, correct?  (and that gives us till Sunday, right?)

The timing was a bit bad for this first one, for me.  I'm about to graduate from grad school and this weekend is my written comprehensive exam (6 hours of test taking fun!)

Then I have to go in front of a jury on Tuesday for my oral comps (1 hour of fun!)

If I don't pass either, I don't get to graduate in May AND I don't get my degree and I can't sit for the licensing exam so I can get a job.

So...

Anyways- Posting has taken a back seat to cramming at the moment.

But, I do plan to reply on Saturday or Sunday.

~Serey

• 1 month later...