DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Thankfulness

Far Dareis Mai

Alright folks, 'tis the season (in America) and all that.

For those of you not in the know, this week commemorates our Thanksgiving Holiday. When I was a kid in grammar school, the teachers would dress us all up as Pilgrims and Native Americans (called Indians back then), and then we would all sit at the table and hear about how when the Pilgrims landed on America, the Indians taught us how to plant corn, and sustain ourselves within the new land.

Since then, every third Thursday in November, America celebrates this by eating way too much food, watching football (not me, because I think its boring), and then waking up ungodly early the next day to go Christmas Shopping.

So even if you do not celebrate Thanksgiving, let's take a moment to talk about what we are each Thankful for. I myself have a rather large list, but for the purposes of here, I will do my best to remain brief.

FDM's THANKS LIST:

1. My kids: Someday they will be just like me, and woe betide the people that mess with them.

2. My husband: He smells nice, he likes what I like, and I think its funny that he thinks he's funny.

3. My Computer: It's sooo pretty, and big and shiny.

4. Chocolate: Yes, it's cliche...but I really, really like chocolate.

5. Diet Coke: Instead of coffee, I choose Coke!

6. Naproxen: Aleve baby, some people don't like you...but I'll always have your back.

7. Anti-perspirant: Because I hate to sweat.

8. My fish Submarine: Best pet ever.

9. Steve Carrel: He makes me laugh.

10.MMORPG's: It's fun to play a video game and feel actual gratification when you slay the enemy--who is consequently someone somewhere in the world.

11.Facebook: Facebook has made it possible for me to never, ever have to speak on the telephone with people I know ever again. And since I hate talking on the phone, I love Facebook!

12.WOT: Because ya know...we wouldn't be hanging out here all the time 'n stuff.

Alright, that's 12. I've done my part. Shaaaaarrrreeeeee! :D

1.  My husband:  We might get cranky with each other, but he's the best "Mr. Mom" ever while I work.

2.  My daughter: She always makes me smile.

3.  Fuzzy blanket: it's fuzzy!

4.  Roll-your-own tobacco:  it's cheap!

5.  My billiard team and partner: playing 8 ball competitively 2x a week keeps me sane.

6.  Eggs and bacon: this needs no explanation.

7.  Sesame Street: 40 years and going strong; I can let my daughter watch it with no worries about brain rot.

8.  Chocolate: I also love it.

9.  V-8 Splash: Gives me my veggies in a delicious way!

10. Photoshop:  How I love thee, let me count the ways.

Archived