DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Demandred (Full Spoilers).

Luckers

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Legend of the seeker all over again if it's made into a tv show

am i the only person around who actually likes the show more than the books??

goodkind's writing is crap the tv show actually made it seem better than it is. i love tv show

Books were alright imo, but the TV show KILLS any sort of story arc and book arc by blending them all together and taking away from how things progressed in the series

The Flinn-Demandred description sounds like Demandred is making correct deductions rather than direct recognition.

(It's like Talmanes in KoD when he sees Ogier and soldiers in an colour-coded armour Mat had described - Talmanes guessed that these were Deathwatch Guards.)

Demandred is "Ok, Old guy in black coat - he's channeling - must be an Ashaman!". He knows about Ashaman and heard them described but he's never seen them wearing their coats. He's also surprised at Flinn's age - though we know that there are plenty of old Ashaman and close acquaintance with the BT would not have left room for surprise.

Odd given the fact that he's instructed Ashaman to kill Rand but they probably weren't wearing their uniforms when he told them.

From the Forsaken meeting in Winter's Heart, Demandred knew about the first assassination attempt.  I guess that was chronologically before Demandred ordered.

From Raefar Kisman's POV (the Ashaman Demandred ordered), Kisman seems to know that Demandred was Demandred; and Demandred probably knew that Kisman was a Darkfriend.

From Demandred's encounter during the Cleansing, that indicates that Demandred has not been around Rand.

There seems to have been little time for Demandred to become acquainted with Kisman after being released and before Kisman becoming Ashaman. (Demandred's first actions were during time frame of Fires of Heaven which seemed to be mostly Telaranrhiod, and Kisman was seen at Black Tower in Lord of Chaos.)

Demandred periodically meeting Kisman at the Black Tower might have been most probable for the two to get to know each other; which would indicate that Demandred Traveled to and from there.  That would look suspicious if Demandred was not an Ashaman.

More importantly he had to know they were Asha'man due to the fact they were male channelers, other than Osan'gar, Aran'gar, and Ishidin.

Demandred might have been aware of Land of Madmen and its residents.

If he was aware, he would need to recognize the uniform.

demondred is dead. he was killed by rand when he BFed Graendal. he got PWNED. he is scared of rand and is embarrassed because he got some zits on his nose, that is why we haven't seen him. the end

If only he would've been there to get BF'd. Demandred doesn't stay in place too long. He'll show up with his army, and immediately we'll all do a facepalm in regards to where he's been.

don't think this is likely but (and corect me if i'm wrong which i probably am) no ones mentioned the Atha'an Miere.

yeah i know stupid idea just putting it out their.

I would ask what the Sea Folk did in Lord of Chaos that has to do with the instructions Let the Lord of Chaos Rule. Wherever Demandred was in that book has to do with that.

Demandred periodically meeting Kisman at the Black Tower might have been most probable for the two to get to know each other; which would indicate that Demandred Traveled to and from there.  That would look suspicious if Demandred was not an Ashaman.

He could have met Kisman in dreams.

He could have met Kisman in dreams.

This is also probable, considering he was presumably monitoring Elayne's convo in T'A'R. And he PRESUMABLY impersonated the DR to manipulate Masema.

The impersonation of DR struck me as a little peculiar and there may be potential hints there.

See, Masema, nuts or not, knew Rand pretty well (disliked him for a long while and then went Emo on him at TGH-end after the Falme duel in the sky).

While Masema's looniness would help him accept the DR coming in shining auras and such-like, if the DR's voice, and accent, were wildly different, the rational end of him might start to wonder.

It would be ok for DR to have a bass-baritone GLoD-like voice - Masema would even expect that, perhaps.

But if the DR had a Ilianer, or Kandori, or Seanchan accent, or whatever AoL mannerisms the Chosen have, Masema might start wondering why the West Andor Shepherd he knew and hated, had changed that much.

So, an impersonation of Rand that Masema bought, would have to have an acceptable accent, I think.

That has implications about the impersonator knowing Rand, being able to do accents, etc.

But I guess it's all literary license.

No.I think that this means we saw Demandreds a.e in the books before TGS.So I'm going to start elimination of male characters that we didn't saw in TGS and make a suspect list :)

RJ said Demandred's alter ego hadn't been seen until CoT.

Does Brandon say it was seen in KoD and not in TGS?

Or does he say it hasn't been seen at all?

No.I think that this means we saw Demandreds a.e in the books before TGS.So I'm going to start elimination of male characters that we didn't saw in TGS and make a suspect list :)

RJ said Demandred's alter ego hadn't been seen until CoT.

Does Brandon say it was seen in KoD and not in TGS?

Or does he say it hasn't been seen at all?

Out of curiosity, can you give a link to where RJ said we hadn't seen Demandred's alter ego until CoT? And also, to the person that claimed Brandon said that we haven't seen Demandred's alter-ego since KoD...where was that exactly? I did a quick look at Storm Leaders and didn't see it.

But if both those statements turn out to be true..that substantially narrows the options for Demmy.

Out of curiosity, can you give a link to where RJ said we hadn't seen Demandred's alter ego until CoT? And also, to the person that claimed Brandon said that we haven't seen Demandred's alter-ego since KoD...where was that exactly? I did a quick look at Storm Leaders and didn't see it.

But if both those statements turn out to be true..that substantially narrows the options for Demmy.

Dayton, Ohio, Jan 2003 Post CoT release signing.

Q: "Have we yet seen the alter ego Demandred presents to the Third Agers on-screen?"

A: "No." (I asked twice to make sure.)

[Michael Martin]

It's been posted before in this thread. Several times :) Also on Theoryland.

Second link http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php?topic=50624.0

"Someone asked for clarification about whether we had seen Mesanna and Demandred's alter-egos on screen. Sanderson said that we had seen Mesaana's alter-ego on screen as of KoD, but that we had not seen Demandred's alter-ego on screen as of KoD. Sanderson would not elaborate on whether Demandred's alter-ego had been seen in TGS-- Sanderson didn't want to narrow down the suspects for us if Demandred really had appeared in TGS"

This means that if Demandred has appeared at all, he would have to appear on TGS.

• 4 weeks later...

Ran into a friend who mentioned that over on 13th depository there is discussion of Demandred with the Whitecloaks, didn't have time to read all the thread here, wondered if anyone had discussed it here?

And now the weak theory...(her theory with my coincidental evidence added for possible clarity)

We know the forsaken have it out for the two other Tav'eren, Mat and Perrin. Mat had Sammael messing with him in Ebou Dar, the Black ajah, the Gholam, etc. So who's messing with Perrin? Demandred! With his love of proxies and his actions in the south, he's allied himself with the whitecloaks, pulling strings to get Perrin where he wants him. It would put him in geographic proximity to Masema, who was seeing compulsion driven visions of "the dragon reborn" and who compelled (maybe Demandred did this actually) Aram to kill Perrin. Masuri and Annoura, were sneaking off around this time, why? To meet with Masema? No. To meet their dark master, Demandred, who gave orders to make sure Perrin would be open to alliance with Galad. Demandred made sure to compel Eamon Valda, giving him orders to fight, and die, against Galad. Near the end of TGS we see through Rand's technicolor-swirl-vision that Perrin is meeting with Galad, who is now in charge of the whitecloaks, which would mean that Demandred is somewhere close by, waiting for the time when Perrin finally meets with Rand to do his big reveal.

This whole idea seems so full of holes that I almost didn't post, but it involves some theories about what has been happening around Perrin, and it doesn't seem right for the forsaken to just ignore another tav'eren.

Here's why I think this has no chance. This doesn't seem like a secure rule, which Demandred informed us that he has in the begining of TGS. The whitecloaks would be dominated by both the seanchan and rand's armies without the bevy of channelers that both can add as necessary. If Demandred hates Rand/LTT so much why would he align himself with a weak force, that is aligning with one of Rand's second in command, who is in charge of Rand's third or fourth strongest army. Demandred wants to be the one who kills Rand/LTT, and unless this is a Moghedian, spider in the shadows, plan which will be revealed only when Rand is dying and Demandred is laughing, I wouldn't give it a leg to stand on.

Please comment on how wrong this theory is, but lets do try to figure out whats happening with the forsaken in Perrin's story line.

Demandred army is the Aiel male channellers who have been going to the blight to fight shadowspawn for thousands of years.  The DO has turned them all into Demandred Dreadlord Army.  That's why he hasn't needed to be in Rands world.

Just a guess at this point ;D

Demandred army is the Aiel male channellers who have been going to the blight to fight shadowspawn for thousands of years.  The DO has turned them all into Demandred Dreadlord Army.  That's why he hasn't needed to be in Rands world.

Unless this was a continuous 13/13 scenario, with sisters and myrdraal just hangin on the borders of the waste and blight at all times.... I don't see it.

Unless this was a continuous 13/13 scenario, with sisters and myrdraal just hangin on the borders of the waste and blight at all times.... I don't see it.

Ishamel has been grabbing the Aiel channelers and parking them in stasis boxes for millennia. When it's time for TG, they'll be popped out and 13-13-ed. :)

Its not as thou its huge groups of channellers going up to the blight at once but the single individual over the years and its been done from the first breaking. Whether the DO or Demandred have tucked them away somewhere to be brought out for this battle I would think it quite possible.

The DO has known about this battle and I can't see him/her not having a Ace up his sleeve and Demandred is that Ace.

Archived