DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Demandred (Full Spoilers).

Luckers

I think it would be really ironic if demandred was King Roedran, who used the Band (created by Mat) to consolidate and unite his kingdom and the Band is supposed to be FIGHTING the Shadow not helping it

I am firmly behind this theory, as we've yet to meet the King of Murandy. And as it was stated by RJ in his KoD tour, we'd not yet met the alter ego of Demi. And if my assumption is correct, we still haven't. Demandred only stated that his rule was secure and that he gathered for war. I take the use of rule to be having control of a nation. And gathering for war, meaning he was consolidating his armies, ala Mat and the Band.

I don't think he is with the Borderlanders. Why? Tenobia has wanted to meet the DR ever since Bashere swore allegiance to him. Not to mention the other Borderland rulers need to meet with the DR, to tie the North to the East. I would imagine Demi knows the Prophecies of the Dragon. Why would he willingly help fulfill a DR prophecy. He HATES the DR with every fiber of his being.

Just an opinion.

Well Be'lal helped Rand fulfill prophecy and grab Callandor, and I'm sure there's more examples.

He only did that to take Callandor for himself. An act of greed and envy. Which describes Be'lal perfectly. However there is nothing to gain from Demandred being with the Borderlanders. And Graendal had said she also had spies with BLer's and she would definitely know if he was with them. She also said that Demandred liked leading his own army. He really wouldn't have that with the BLer's. He would also be playing a lesser role than what he would deem acceptable for himself. Demandred sees himself second to no one save the DO.

Murandy is a very logical choice. We haven't met the King yet. It's very strategically placed to strike at Rand's armies or at Andor for that matter. The armies were just consolidated by Mat and The Band. Not a lot of attention paid to Murandy. Yeah there are quotes from the book that mentions some of the things going on in Murandy, but they all seem just like sidenotes. It would give him an absolute and SECURE rule.

Like someone posted earlier, where better to hide from your enemy than next door. I'm pretty sure Demandred wants to be as close to Rand as possible, but far enough away he won't get found out. Murandy just seems a perfect fit.

@ bolded part: We don't know this, and I'd say getting them to abandon their Blight posts a pretty good reason.

Also Dem likes using proxies, what would the 4 leaders be but proxies, even if they weren't fully aware?

Edit: I do like Murandy more than the BLers though, and if anyone is manipulating the BLers Moridin seems better equipped than Dem.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah mossman87, Ishidin would be better suited to manipulate strong willed BLer's. He easily managed to manipulate 3 very strong ta'veren into believing anything he said. And besides we know for a fact that Moridin is in the Blight. Just a hop skip away from the border. And we know for fact that Ishidin loves causing chaos, and manipulating leaders. He has a pretty amazing track record for manipulation. Artur Hawkwing, Aridhol, the nations during the Trolloc Wars, etc. Moridin is a likely suspect I would say.

I'll be a smart 455, but Suroth is no more in charge and Semirhage is waiting for her rebirth, so...

Seanchan in the LB..., I'm floating in the air, I suppose is something analogous to KC...

Still, chaos is good for DO, the Forsaken and DF, when is no control armies could be easier formed and gathered. Some of Seanchan generals could be easely DF (we'll need a 'Fain sense'), but we'll acquaint that at the beginnig of the LB.

Yeah, I left myself open to that by not referring to them in the past tense and referring to it as The Plan. Actually darned effective had she not got herself captured and subsequently balefired.

Still, even with her dead, that leaves the Seanchan a thorn in Rand's side while he's trying to deal with the Shadow, the whole reason he's trying to truce with them in the first place.

I'll be a smart 455, but Suroth is no more in charge and Semirhage is waiting for her rebirth, so...

Seanchan in the LB..., I'm floating in the air, I suppose is something analogous to KC...

Still, chaos is good for DO, the Forsaken and DF, when is no control armies could be easier formed and gathered. Some of Seanchan generals could be easely DF (we'll need a 'Fain sense'), but we'll acquaint that at the beginnig of the LB.

Yeah, I left myself open to that by not referring to them in the past tense and referring to it as The Plan. Actually darned effective had she not got herself captured and subsequently balefired.

Still, even with her dead, that leaves the Seanchan a thorn in Rand's side while he's trying to deal with the Shadow, the whole reason he's trying to truce with them in the first place.

Yeah apparently the Seanchan don't realize that their persistence in this matter of him bending knee, is circumventing what he's trying to accomplish. You know, SAVING THE DAMNED WORLD! But he's not selfish or nothin'...

I don´t know if these theory has come up, if so, you have to forgive a novice... I belive that Demandred is not with the borderlanders, He is in the borderlands. With their rulers gone (maybe by Dem´s schemes, "have I not done well great lord?") there are 4 empty thrones (for the moment anyway). we have seen forsaken infiltrating almost every other centre of power, therefore it would be logical to have one in the borderlands as well. Add the fact that trolloc attacks has been banned for some time with Dem´s statement that he´s rule was secure and that he had armed forces to his disposal and the picture clears. I believe that he´s in charge in one of the borderlands and the most locgical place is in Sheinar and that we will see him clash with Lan´s gathering forces.

I don't fancy the idea about this island of madmen. I've never seen it mentioned in the books and as far as I remember, the island of madmen is something mentioned in the Guide. The Guide provides side-stories and many other facts that couldn't be fit in the books but still it looks to me like something that is not necessary in order to understand the content of the books :/ It's just detailed outline for bigger fans... At least to me.

I don´t know if these theory has come up, if so, you have to forgive a novice... I belive that Demandred is not with the borderlanders, He is in the borderlands. With their rulers gone (maybe by Dem´s schemes, "have I not done well great lord?") there are 4 empty thrones (for the moment anyway). we have seen forsaken infiltrating almost every other centre of power, therefore it would be logical to have one in the borderlands as well. Add the fact that trolloc attacks has been banned for some time with Dem´s statement that he´s rule was secure and that he had armed forces to his disposal and the picture clears. I believe that he´s in charge in one of the borderlands and the most locgical place is in Sheinar and that we will see him clash with Lan´s gathering forces.

Who knows, maybe he could be in Saladea. He himself kinda resembles a Saladean with his hawk hooked nose. And it would also set up a showdown with Perrin and his army. Which if things go down like i think they will, Tenobia will join with him to go to Saladea, being related to his wife and all. I don't know if it'll happen that way, but as likely as anything.

I don't fancy the idea about this island of madmen. I've never seen it mentioned in the books and as far as I remember, the island of madmen is something mentioned in the Guide...

IS the Island of Madmen the same island that the Sea Folk leave any men that can channel? Because that certainly has been mentioned, albeit briefly...

I don't fancy the idea about this island of madmen. I've never seen it mentioned in the books and as far as I remember, the island of madmen is something mentioned in the Guide...

IS the Island of Madmen the same island that the Sea Folk leave any men that can channel? Because that certainly has been mentioned, albeit briefly...

It might be. The BWB has said the Sea Folk have been down there, and mapped the coastline. Who knows? Good question though.

Okay, so I did a search about Olver, and saw someone else say this, but I don't know if they were serious, or blowing off steam.  My mother believes Olver could be one of the Forsaken, especially Demandred.  She thinks what better disguise than a roguish boy running around with one of the ta'veran.  Olver has been known to disappear at times, and RJ said Olver wasn't Gaidal Cain.  The only thing I am unsure about, is how far does the Illusion/Mask of Mirrors work according to touch.  I don't think Olver is Demandred, but I wanted to get my mom's theory out, since she sincerely believes it.

The only thing I am unsure about, is how far does the Illusion/Mask of Mirrors work according to touch.  I don't think Olver is Demandred, but I wanted to get my mom's theory out, since she sincerely believes it.

I'd be very surprised if Wind could have beaten all those other racehorses, whilst carrying a fully-grown man on his back.

Okay, so I did a search about Olver, and saw someone else say this, but I don't know if they were serious, or blowing off steam.  My mother believes Olver could be one of the Forsaken, especially Demandred.  She thinks what better disguise than a roguish boy running around with one of the ta'veran.  Olver has been known to disappear at times, and RJ said Olver wasn't Gaidal Cain.  The only thing I am unsure about, is how far does the Illusion/Mask of Mirrors work according to touch.  I don't think Olver is Demandred, but I wanted to get my mom's theory out, since she sincerely believes it.

Just tell her Robert Jordan himself said as of ACOS or possible even CoT Demandred had yet to make an appearance. Olver came in around book 4? or 5 at the latest, so no way he could be Demandred.

Allright, thanks.  I wasn't a fan of Olver=Demandred, but she was adamant.  I will remember that.  

Oh, has anyone mentioned the possibility of Demandred being in Shara?  I did a search, but I probably missed it.  I find it odd mention of Shara is casually thrown in many times, and we know relatively little about the land.  Why mention it if the land wasn't going to play a part in the series.  However, there is just a small amount of time to really develop something with the Sharans.

I guess Demandred isn't taking action directly, but is directly people from behind the scenes, kinda like Greandal or Lanfear.

As to what he is doing, that's a mystery.

I guess he's putting darkfiends into various key positions, so that when Tarmon Gai don comes the forces of light will be attacked from the inside.

Olver=Demandred is a nice theory. He's creepy, lecherous, maybe uses compulsion to get people to do things for him.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for several reasons.

RJ said we hadn't seen Demandred's secret ID till KoD (on his KoD release tours)

Touch does destroy Mask of Mirrors by the way.

RJ said we hadn't seen Demandred's secret ID till KoD (on his KoD release tours

Does that imply that we saw said alter-ego in KoD, or that we just hadn't seen him thus far (implying that we may have still not seen him)?

For the second most powerful forsaken, Demandred has been unimpressive thus far (Aginor of course was inept at battle).  Brandon will probably bring him out in book 12. 

The most dangerous forsaken was probably Semirhage and she almost had Rand if not for Cadusane. 

way too early to say Demandred has been unimpressive. He could be the mastermind behind the Borderlanders. That is a real coup to be able to get them to pack up and leave the land they should be defending. Or he could have complete control of Shara and ready to sweep across the wastes to slam into Althor's armies. Whatever it is, it had better be big or it will be a disappointment.

I believe book 13 will be Demandred's time to shine as a Forsaken.  Nearly all of the pieces are in place and I can see it playing out that the final part of the book involves a major battle in Caemlyn involving Demandred, Mazrim Taim, Ashaman loyal to Taim, remaining Black Ajah, Trollocs, Fades, etc vs. the Army of Andor, the White Tower army led by Bryne, the good Aes Sedai, the Band of the Red Hand (who turn the tide only after they are rejoined by a post-Ghenjei Mat), the Rand/Logain Ashaman and the Dragon himself.  I wouldn't be surprised if the book ended on a cliffhanger with Rand appearing dead at the hands of Demandred.  Rand's apparent death and placement of the ter'angreal dagger on his body cause him to remain invisible to the Shadow, continuing to appear dead during book 14 as he quests to Shayol Ghul for his final showdown to slay the Dark One.  The only evil creature that is aware of his mission will be Padan Fain.

Archived