DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Audiobook Question about the Dark One

Ashaman DeRouge

I'd be interested in hearing how the DO sounds. Seem's odd that they'd use effects on the Ogier and not THE DARK ONE, though.

Give them personality? I'd always thought the DO was completely Blank...just 100% intense and malovent. This is gonna sound weird but what is his personality like? What the DO like? :P

Xanthus I can't help but stare for hours at that picture in your profile.

I'm currently listening to TSR on CD.  Its great.  They are not "over-produced" or anything.  Its just the readers making the voices slightly different.  Loial's voice is jsut the man's voice pitched deeper, as anyone can do.  It doesn't seem like they are using any kind of effects.

I am surprised at how different an experience listening is to reading.  I'm really enjoying it, and looking forward to trying to find more.  The library only had TSR on audio.  I am in the middle of a re-read, and TSR the book was checked out but the woman mentioned they had it on CD.  I gave it a shot, and I'm really glad I did.

• 3 weeks later...
Silly, i said loud deep male voice, not high-pitched whiney female voice.   :) Can you imagine the most evil, powerful, influential, being i hostory, equal to the creator, sounding like you?  :P  ;)
Can I imagine the most evi, powerful, influential being in history sounding like me? Well, considering it is me, I can't imagine it sounding otherwise.

Archived