DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Nominate Your Best Bass Players for the Band's Dream Band!!!

Corki

Since you have voted to create your dream band, the next task for us is to pick our bass player after Carlos Santana was picked as the guitarist. This thread allows you to nominate your bass players to go into the "It's A Knockout" contest to win the slot in the Band of the Red Hand's Dream Band. And below is what you need to do!

Between now and SUNDAY 15TH NOVEMBER 2009, nominate the bass players you want to see try and take that spot. Follow the simple proforma below to get a nomination in. Name your bass playert, explain why you have nominated them, and provide a YouTube clip (or similar) of their skill.

[u][b]Bass Player's Name:[/b][/u] 
[u][b]Reason for Nomination:[/b][/u] 
[u][b]YouTube (or similar link):[/b][/u] 

You can nominate more than one guitarist. Any nomination that is seconded, i.e. Krak suggests Bass player X and Farcrie agrees with the nomination, automatically qualifies for a place in the "It's A Knockout" contest. Otherwise, it will be done on a first come, first served basis. If there are any gaps at the end of the nomination period, I will fill in the gaps.

PLEASE NOTE: I am looking for a minimum of 8 nominations, and a maximum of 16.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

Bass Player's Name: Flea (Michael Peter Balzary)

Reason for Nomination: His work with the Red Hot Chili Peppers incorporates several musical styles, ranging from aggressive slap bass to more subdued and melodic techniques. Aside from the RHCP, he has collaborated with many artists, including Jane's Addiction, Thom Yorke, The Mars Volta and Alanis Morissette. Drawing influences from funk music and punk rock, Flea centers his bass playing on simplicity and minimalism while viewing complexity as a device that should be used in moderation.

Youtube (or similar link):

Bass Player's Name: Victor Wooten

Reasons for Nomination: I just want this guy to be on bass. He plays with Bela Fleck and is an amazing instrumentalist. He does wonderful, wonderful things with the bass guitar. And he's pretty. We need pretty people in the band's band so that I can put posters of them up in my quarters. And maybe swoon a little. :)

Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz7flss0w9Y

Enjoy :)

Bass Player's Name:Jaco Pastorius

Reason for Nomination:(If Carlsberg did Bassists), Quite possibly the best bassist ever!

YouTube (or similar link):

&

Bass Player's Name:James Jamerson

Reason for Nomination: Has played on more No.1 hits than Elvis, The Beatles, Beach Boys and Rolling Stones combined; and was the main bassist for Funk Brothers, from the Motown label.

YouTube (or similar link):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07wC50bWbnY&feature=related

Bass Player's Name:John Myung

Reason for Nomination:He developed a unique playing style high on the neck, adding counterpoint lines and melodies to the band's material which are not typically heard in traditional "rock" music. He was also a heavy user of effects not typically heard on the bass guitar to better bring out his distinctive style.

YouTube (or similar link):

Bass Player's Name:Troy Sanders

Reason for Nomination:An excellent bassist, is a master of advanced bass techniques like bass sweeping(which is a lot harder to do on bass than guitar)

YouTube (or similar link):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6WGNd8QR-U

you also hear him singing on this one (lost love bright eyes fading faster than stars falling how can i tell you that i've failed"

Archived