DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wanting to start/join a Role Play

Dasterly

Hello!,

I've been browsing over the RP boards, and initially I wanted to start an RP thread that involved a common soldier. Perhaps Saldean. I was going to post on the 'North' board and have the thread start by having my character be the last surviving member of a patrol that was attacked by some trollocs. I know I'm new, so I was going to have be the characters first battle, and he'd be wounded severely, though not past recovering his full strength.

Then, as I was thinking about just dropping this post on the forum, I figured it wouldn't be that easy. -grin-. Wasn't sure if I need to write a bio or join an org or something.. I was kind of just going to free lance it.

Anyway, please advise. I just want to RP, and I'd be down for pretty much anything. Soo... if you'd like to start one, let me know! Or if I need to join an org, I'm open for recruitment.

I also just finished TGS. I don't want to spoil anything, but as a certain general recently appeared was recently 'put' up there, I'd be willing to RP the scene.

Just throwing it out there. -smile-.

Let me know!

Yahoo Messenger: siege_truthbind

AIM: Valence80808

E-mail: artiestarner@gmail.com

Well..

I'd probably begin the post with the battle scene and then have him straggle back onto a horse (possibly his, possibly one that was wandering around.. dunno yet.) I'd have him meander toward the nearest point of civilization. Possibly a small, kind of isolated village/town. They are up north near the blight, so we'd have to keep that in mind.. And, well, I don't really know where we'd go from there. Your character could be anyone. We'd meet because I'd be dying. -laughs-. And I'd need your help. And then I'd probably feel indebted to you and help you on some quest? Or join your regiment, or become your warder, or end up in your trolloc cookpot, or really anything.

I'm quite easy going and love a good story. So whatever/whoever you'd like to play, I'm sure we could make it work. -smiles-

Just so you know, our RP is not yet caught up with the books.  We're currently somewhere in book 8-9.  Not yet to the cleansing.  So be aware of that when making mention of certain generals in their various locations.

To start RP here, yes, you will need a bio.  It doesn't have to be super elaborate.  Name, physical description, little bit of history, and you're good to go.  By the looks of things, you'll probably want to go with the Freelander Div.  They get just about everyone who isn't with a specific group. 

Though if you want your character to become a channeler, the Black Tower would be more than willing to take you :)

-nods and laughs-. Gotcha!

I was just browsing through the orgs and wasn't sure which I wanted to join. I thought I could hear the Dark One whispering sweet rewards in my ear.. Or maybe that was the whisper of insanity?.. Hmm...

I'd like to create a Bio for this certain character idea. But will this bar me from participating in other roleplays in the future if I decide to make another character? Or will I just need to make another account, or...?

You can create up to 3 Characters in each Division. A Division would be the Black Tower, the White Tower, the Wolkin, etc. In the Freelanders section you can have quite a few more, I believe.

You can make only one account on DM, so you will always be Dasterly on here (unless you get permission to change your handle).

So what kind of character did you have in mind?

Hi Dasterly. The Orgs aren't related to the role playing. They're on the top half of the forums and are more "real life" based. The role playing is done through the Divisions.  :)

You can have up to 3 characters per Division. You don't need a separate account for them as DM only allows one account per person.

You can create as many characters within that number as you feel you can handle. A bio needs to be submitted to the relevant Division for each character though. Hope that helps.

Edit: and Elgee beat  me to it lmao

Thanks for the help everyone!...

And I think I'm going to write up a bio for a freelander. He's going to be from Saldaea, with Saldaean mother and Shienarian father. He's going to be young. (18 or 19, I think). And naive and bloodthirsty until he gets a shock of reality.. I haven't hammered out the specifics yet, but basically he's going to be soldier-esque witha lot of soul searching to do. Maybe he'll end up joining an army, maybe he'll be a mercenary, I don't know yet. Depends on what kind of people he runs into and what kind of life events happen to him. Like I said earlier, i'm very easy going. I love to write, so I'm up for adventure. -smiles-

Other than that.. I'm more than willing to try my hand at something else if someone has a story line that could use a specific type of character. I'm not new to roleplaying, just new to DM. So if anyone has any suggestions or could use some 'fresh meat' I'm more than willing to help out and participate!

Feel free to IM or PM me via Yahoo! or AIM. Or msg me on here. Whatever works.