DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Calling All Tower Guards

Asfaloth

I'm working on my Leadership thread and I need some volunteers.

Shawn will be taking a group of trainees on a training exercise within a day's hike of Tar Valon, near a medium-sized river.  While there they are attacked by a fist of trollocs.  Shawn orders the trainees back toward the river and buys them the time they need to board a ferry by fighting the trollocs.  In their flight some of them (NPC or TTPC) get cut off from the group and don't make it to the ferry.  Shawn tries to hold the trollocs off to give them time to escape but soon realizes that he must make a choice between saving all those that made it to the ferry or going back to save the stragglers.  He orders the ferryman to cast off and they escape to the other side.  When they get there Shawn will order one of the older trainees to take his own horse, Blaize, and ride hard for the city while he leads the rest of the group back on foot.  The trainee will fins a Green Sedai and her Warder who will come back to help.

So, the question is, do any of you want to join us on this trip?  Don't particularly need extra help but it would make things more interesting.

Isn't a fist of trollocs like over 100 of them?!  That's quite a few to be facing, there.  How did they slip past the borderlands?  Or are they using Waygates by now...?

That skepticism aside, this sounds like a lot of fun!

I'll ask Rasheta if she's up for being the back up, since she's Green, and she has Two warders, myself and Dante.

Visar I was thinking the same thing then I thought perhaps I was being too picky as this is a different PSW from the books we still tend to hold to the timeline from the books in regards to making gateways or discoveries and such.  In this PSW shadowspawn are all over Shienar and partially into Arafel so I don't think it is such a stretch to have a fist of Trollocs south of the Shienaran border.  The borderlands are kind of in disaarray so Trollocs or other shadowspawn could have slipped south.  Of course this is only my personal opinion not an official one.  

Yes a fist is 100 Trollocs.

That being said I can ask Eqwina if she would like to participate with her Green Kabria and her warder Perivar as long as Rasheta and Visar dont mind.

and perhaps I should have specified that the Green was already chosen.....but hey, the more the merrier.

And perhaps we should say its further than I first posted but then if that's the case and we want the rescue to actually arrive in time perhaps the Green(s) and Warder(s) can be somewhere between the party and the Tower?

Perhaps a handful of days northeast of Tar Valon which would put you somewhere around midway between Tar Valon and Shienar.  You can do your training somewhere within a reasonable distance from the Tar Valon / Fal Moran road.  With the Shadowspawn deeply embedded in Shienar the Green Ajah is constantly sending Aes Sedai to check on disturbances there.  

You will see the road I am talking about on this map http://www.thelastsunrise.net/maps/world_map.htm . It runs Northeast from Tar Valon and halfway to the Shienaran Border would put you near the woods Just Northeast of the words Tar Valon. Plus there is a river nearby.  If the river is big enough to be on the map then it is safe to assume there could be tributaries branching off it that would run towards or near road that would suffice for your scenario. Then again no one says it has to be near the road, the Aes Sedai's party could have several reasons not to travel on the beaten path.

well, depending on how short his Aes Sedai keeps his leash I see no reason he couldn't come, especially since we've already been working it into their characters for them to have a good rapport.

Only thing is making sure that the presence of an equal doesn't lessen the impact of choosing many over few.  eg I wouldn't want it to be where one of them stays with the group and the other rushes off into the mix to save the others.  We'll need to have some reason why both of us stay with the group.  But those are details we can work out later.

Oh, and another thought, by having Visar there and fighting for his life (or maybe even gravely wounded?), would perhaps be reason why the Aes Sedai would come to us, leaving the runner to still head straight for the Tower.

Now, if only we can get some trainees to sign up to join us.  Otherwise it'll be Adela and just a bunch of NPCs.

• 1 month later...