DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

it's been a while

Red2111

i'm in the process of trying to get a new computer, and i know it's been forever since i was here last.  i do apologize for just up and disappearing but it couldn't be helped.  my cpu at home pretty much had a melt down, and it seems i need to by a new motherboard in order to fix the problem. but with the economy the way it is now a days, i don't know when i'll get the money to do that.

Bubba, my boyfreind, left the computer logged onto a messageboard over night (the same message board that forced us to re-format the computer mind you) back in april.  it blew out all the USB ports (which is the only way to hook up my mouse and keyboard) and i'm able to get into the bios screen because i did a hard re-boot to the system. but without the keyboard or mouse, i'm not able to reformat the pc and make it usable.  so it's been a very heavy and slightly expensive paper weight for the past few months   ???

also there has been the job, which is where i'm at now and how i'm accessing the net.  we're slow right now, and thats the only reason why i'm on; so i figured i'd take advantage of the oportunity and drop you guys a line :)  i no longer work at the vet clinic, i couldn't take the beuthenasia anymore.  when i was hired as a census enumerator i quit, then after the census i got a job as an Online Planroom clerk for a company called ABC (Associated Builders & Contractors).  i maintain the online plan room all day, and scan in plans and specs so contractors can view them.  i love my job :)

and there were also the baby bunnies!!!  *snuggles them*  i rescued 3 baby wild bunnies and had to raise them for a week back in august.  bubba unearthed and destroyed a bunnie burrow while mowing the lawn.  i didn't knwo i could relocate them away from the original nest site, or that the mom would still care for them after touching them.  so because the burrow was where we chain our dogs out back, we brought them in.  they were only a few days old, didn't have their eyes open yet.  i named then Nipper, Moe and Spider.

Spider

8-11Spiderpose.jpg

Moe

8-11Moe.jpg

Nipper

8-11Nipper.jpg

and this is the day Moe was released

moe is in the back asleep and Nipper is in the front with his eye open

moeandnipper.jpg

only one survived, wild bunnies have a 10% survival rate.  Nipper died from phnemonia (he got milk in his lungs) and Spider got in the water bowl during the night, wasn't able to get warm and was dead when i checked on them in the morning. :(

i've seen Moe grazing in my back yard a few times though :)

i have more pics, but those are in my camera.  the ones i've posted are off my cell phone

yeah they were cute.  and really soft to the touch too  :)  i miss them.  they're Swamp Rabbits.  the biggest of the cotton tail family.  alot of people hunt them for their pelts and meat down here

Gah those bunnies are so cute! I especially love the last pic. I'll have to check out that thread in the Green Ajah.

Welcome back, Red! I don't think we met before, but I've seen you around the Aiel as well (I'm a FDM Initiate over there), and I believe you are in my house here in the dorms! I'm the Aunt of House Damodred. You should stop by if you have time; we are planning an Aspirant Halloween celebration.

At any rate, see your around!

:D  thanks.  and yes i have seen you around here and there :)

i honestly forget what house i was asigned too, luckily i save all my pm's ...  *runs to check PM box*

Edit -->  *nods*  yep i sure am part of that house  :D

Hey just a question? I found a very small kitten in the garden maybe 6" inches long but eyes are open. I had no choice but to pick it up it was 1 in the morning and havin a cry. Cant have it in the house roommates hate cats so wrapped it up in blankets placed on deck but we snuggled for couple of hours. Will Mum still take it back?

first do you have lots of snakes or hawks around.  if so, then the best option is to take the kitten to yer local shelter or vets office.  if not i suggest doing the steps below

put it back where you found it, and check on it through the day but from a far so you don't scare away the mother if she is approaching.  leave it out over night.  check on the kitten in the morning; if the kitten is cold or is dehydrated and meowing alot then most likely the mother hasn't returned and the best course of action would be to take it to yer local shelter/humane society or vets office if your not goign to keep it.

Overview of hydration: Skin turgor:

Immediate snap back - Excellent hydration. Watch however at this stage for over-hydration.

Quick snap but not immediate - Hydrated. Monitor other signs to be sure the kitten is overall(full body) hydrated.

Snap back within one second - Adequate hydration. However, if ANY other signs, this animal is at risk and needs constant care.

Within 1-3 seconds - Dehydrated. Needs immediate attention.

Stands up on own - SEVERE dehyration. DYING. Must be seen immediately!

here is a link to a helpful sight

http://www.kittenrescue.org/pages.php?pageid=15#hydration

also, kittens normally come in litters, if possible you should return it too where it's litter mates are.  normall the nest area is located under something, such as a house, for the protection of the kittens against preditors

Archived