DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Now that Mat is the Prince Of Ravens...

Vordreller

Except they're not at peace with anyone yet. In fact, some of Mat's last words to Tuon before they part in KoD is that he imagines the next time he sees her will be across the battlefield, and he is careful not to reveal much about his army/technology to the the Deathwatch captain who is with him during that massacre...I mean "battle" he put on the Tarabon-Seanchan army coming after Tuon's head.

Except they're not at peace with anyone yet. In fact, some of Mat's last words to Tuon before they part in KoD is that he imagines the next time he sees her will be across the battlefield, and he is careful not to reveal much about his army/technology to the the Deathwatch captain who is with him during that massacre...I mean "battle" he put on the Tarabon-Seanchan army coming after Tuon's head.

I do wonder why they're gonna fight like that if they're married...

Still, there's Rand and his sword...

I do wonder why they're gonna fight like that if they're married...

Still, there's Rand and his sword...

It really is the interesting thing to watch for ain't it? To see just how the marriage manages to work itself out. I know Mat was starting to think to himself that he had fallen in love with her somehow and Karede remarks on it as well, but Tuon seems shocked at the notion of love at this point. Right now they're just on two extremely different planes with differing goals, loyalties, and responsibilities, and they're both people who put those things above personal interests (though I'm sure Mat wishes he didn't). I don't think they can really start to come together as a real husband and wife until Tuon is somehow reconciled with Egwene and Rand, and then she and Mat can actually work together. Its my theory that she and Mat won't truly be united in their matrimony until the outriggers that RJ had planned to right. Nothing brings a husband and wife closer together than fighting to regain and pacify her empire for her. Star crossed lovers indeed!

Possibly, but given that Mat is due to enter the ToG, he may be a little pre-occupied methinks!

Rand has stated he wants a truce with the Seanchan (unsure of his reaction after Sem's lil' stunt, feel free to correct me) so I would guess that he would offer the White Tower to the Seanchan as a clincher as it were. Not that he would help, but if Rand is thinking he can send the Seanchan against Elaida with the hope that they weaken themselves enough for Egwene to swoop in and rebuild the White Tower, he would possibly stand aside and let it happen.

Not saying this would happen, but I don't think it is that an obscure theory.

but Tuon seems shocked at the notion of love at this point.Well, this could be because of the fact that she was raised at a court know for being cruel and vengeful. The empress herself was said to sometimes toy with damane by chaining them to men(Book 2). To which the Suldam said: "only the empress is allowed to kill off damane like that". While true that damane are slaves, the entire system of Seanchan is based on slavery and this is the favored daughter of the empress, who was being raised to believe this system to be perfect and was expected to uphold and expand it.

Also, am I correct in assuming that the Seanchan will approach Tar Valon from the West?

About Tuon being the favored child, at times parents (of multiple children) favor the one that is most unlike them.  And at times children go against their parent's wishes after the parent's death; also at times while the parent is alive.

We do not know from which direction the Seanchan would attack.

At some time, damane might have picked up the weave for Traveling.  Or if not yet, maybe they will.

Though if they have not (and will not), they might take any route:

-around Arad Doman (by ship) then through Caralain Grass

-through Andor

-around southern countries then through Cairhien

Then again, they might succeed in capturing an Ashaman.  (All Ashaman seem to know Traveling.)

Then again, they might succeed in capturing an Ashaman.  (All Ashaman seem to know Traveling.)

Am not sure an ashaman could be compelled to make gateways, and I remember Egwene discussing with Rand the philosophy behind Travelling and was abhorred at the idea of 'boring a hole through the pattern' as I think Rand described it, so hinting at the weaves available would not do either... if I'm missing the obvious, enlighten me please :P

Attacking from the West seems like a good enough direction for me - but I'm no general! Though the rebel Aes Sedai forces would already be camped at the 'best' places for sieges I guess, so they would either cut a path through them or word of a Seanchan army could possibly help unite the Aes Sedai... if in fact the Seanchan did march on the White Tower. Egwenes dreams hint at certain possibilities, rather than being certain aint they? I may be wrong, but meh its late and I'm waffling!

Archived