DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TV] Defying Gravity - ABC

Mendorah

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

Sinister, it was a major part of the movie.  As you can see people have been analyzing what was in the case since the movie came out.

Yea, like I said when I've seen the movie I just didn't take much heed of the Brief Case. I just figured it was gold or something. ;)

Anyway, you can see where my compare comes in.  Open the door and bright gold light.  I am ready to know what is in Pod 4.

Yea obviously. ;)

Bright Golden light from the Hatch in Lost.

Whats behind the red door in The IT Crowd...

WTF is with the g.man?

As for what happened in Defying Gravity, did they say Theta or Beta? If its theta it starts going around the path of Numerology.

What that physics guy said was pure and simple unadulturated Numerology. He basically said 'god is in the numbers'.

Theta = tons and tons of mathetmatical properties. Beta, not so much.

Theres the fractal that happened with the tomatoes, them instaniously appearing out of NOWHERE, while talking about the Cat!

There is definately a relationship with between that.

If it was beta, that means the one that was brought with them to mars was Alpha.

Why are they bringing 'golden light' to mars & venus?

Mining rights? Just a cover story? Probably.

magical alien being from a parrallel world, look somewhat like a Fractal, that can spontaniously create life on planets terra forming them?

And yes empy that was the season finale.

They suck.

Major.

Yeah, pretty sure "it's" called Beta.

Seen it in the subs spelled out as beta? ;)

Its fairly easy to 'hear' beta, when they say theta, and vice versa.

Beta would take out any foreshadowing or redherrings that Theta would pose considering the fractal theory tubby was talking about.

I'm still laughing at you Sinister over missing the briefcase thing.  That's like, equivalent to missing the whole last section of the movie.  Haha.  Oh that's funny!

Anywhoo, I think it is Beta.  I could be wrong, but Wikipedia is backing me up!  haha.

I'm still laughing at you Sinister over missing the briefcase thing.  That's like, equivalent to missing the whole last section of the movie.  Haha.  Oh that's funny!

The last time I saw the movie was nearly 8 years ago. Not going to say I was 'younger' by a large margin then, but I just didn't dwell on it, I just figured it was gold or something.

Not everyone watches a movie and reads everything between the lines you know! I just enjoyed the damned trip!

Like when that black guy with the crazy eye nearly gets raped, and bruce willis goes all Kill Bill on there asses. :P

Anywhoo, I think it is Beta.  I could be wrong, but Wikipedia is backing me up!  haha.

I dunno, I've went to hulu and listened to the scene over and over again, it could be theta or it could bet beta.

Look at it this way. Remember what Tubby was talking about with Fractal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGXGckunUaU

I can't tell with the lady's accent if she's saying Beta or Theta, the Th and the b are merging together to me. For all I know she's saying Feta, or tbheta :P

Huh, heard that that was the season finale from SD. Well apparently he was wrong again.

I have it DVR'd, its nowhere on my tv.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1319690/episodes

I checked that timeslot, totally was NOT on last night.

checked next friday... didn't see it.

So exactly where is it airing?

From what I had read that was the season finale...

Like Eureka...

Which apparently, summer 2008, wasn't a season finale. That was season 3. Summer 2009 Eureka, was also season 3...

IF anything I was expecting them to wait 3 months and air the rest of the episodes, so it wouldn't 'technically' be a season finale.

But again, I do not see it on at all. The only show during the 'new' time according to ABC, is flash forward.

Just checked abc.com and hulu, neither have it up there...

Last ep aired is NOT season finale.  But nobody knows when the final 5 eps will air.  The following link says that ABC just isn't sure when it will air the last eps. 

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00027216.html

By the by, this is the update to the link at the bottom which announces that it is cancelled.

It may not be a true season Finale, but it may as well be imo. No different than Eurekas summer 2008 'summer finale'...

Well, the site I go to watch my shows had episode 9 so it must've been aired at some time. Since you guys apparently haven't seen it I'll just say that it answers the question about it being either Beta or Theta.

Aye, found a site that had it myself. I have NO idea where its being aired at... Only clue I had is it was on 'CTV'...

Its beta, unfortunately. But the clue doesn't end just there.

There are Theta of them. ;)

Well, the site I go to watch my shows had episode 9 so it must've been aired at some time. Since you guys apparently haven't seen it I'll just say that it answers the question about it being either Beta or Theta.

WHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????

Empy, it's free for the first 70-something minutes per day, which is basically one show and a teaser of a second.  But you can supposedly get an account with Megavideo and pay for unlimited viewing.  I'm guessing that's why Megavideo is hosting nearly All of Sidereel's content now.  They must have worked out some sort of licensing deal to make things legal.

Empy, it's free for the first 70-something minutes per day, which is basically one show and a teaser of a second.  But you can supposedly get an account with Megavideo and pay for unlimited viewing.  I'm guessing that's why Megavideo is hosting nearly All of Sidereel's content now.  They must have worked out some sort of licensing deal to make things legal.

Its not per day.

Its 72 minutes, every 90 minutes.

www.yidio.com is where I go, it has several links.

And you can't go directly to megavideo, because they name the video something random like 25ag734a97 to skip the auto-copyright infringment deletion.

Oh, and scratch that legal bit I just said.  Apparently, it's still illegal uploads, but it's based outside of the US which makes it available for us.

See, this is why I get so confused and angry at production companies that won't let their content be broadcast over the Actual network website.  The great majority of people using Sidereel just want to catch up on shows they missed and would Gladly watch said show from the legally sanctioned network website even With a couple of commercials which would pay for licensing and rights.

Oh, and scratch that legal bit I just said.  Apparently, it's still illegal uploads, but it's based outside of the US which makes it available for us.

See, this is why I get so confused and angry at production companies that won't let their content be broadcast over the Actual network website.  The great majority of people using Sidereel just want to catch up on shows they missed and would Gladly watch said show from the legally sanctioned network website even With a couple of commercials which would pay for licensing and rights.

The reason they "don't" is becuase they believe the commercials are no good in foreign countries. When its fairly easy to have a .jp, .ca, .uk with commercials for those areas...

But you also have the owners of the companies of FOX/ABC/NBC, or the owner of that specific show, like say warner/Disney/sony who own the rights to 'distribute' the show, don't want to let there distribution in foriegn countries to go down the drain...

aka why buy the DVD when you can watch it online for free?

Ahh, the joys of having a Mac in a world where hackers mostly don't bother with us.  Yeah, I probably wouldn't bother with most free TV watching if I had a PC.  I had a BIG scare on my office PC once.  Thank goodness it was caught and didn't do any damage!

OK...so watched it yesterday after I got home.  Boy does HD have me frickin spoiled.  But I muddled through the less than crystal clear presentation and LOVED it.  I really hate it when they cancel shows that I like.  They exposed so much of the mythology in this ep, and now it won't be on anymore and it makes me a little (lot) sad :(

Archived