DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

When Rand Tries to Revive the young girl

saboture

Speaking of this scene, why do you think this is the only scene we have where a child is in a palace (in this case, the Stone which still has the same function as serving as a center of administration). I understand that children really have no reason for being in administrative centers, but why do we never hear of them in any other palace, or even in inns for that matter? This thread just brought this to mind and I was curious what others thought.

Speaking of this scene, why do you think this is the only scene we have where a child is in a palace (in this case, the Stone which still has the same function as serving as a center of administration). I understand that children really have no reason for being in administrative centers, but why do we never hear of them in any other palace, or even in inns for that matter? This thread just brought this to mind and I was curious what others thought.

Perhaps children are usually kept in specific areas in the palaces, and during the attack they all fled to the 'adult' palace? Or maybe Rand somehow wandered into this nursery searching for Trollocs.

From how the scene is described, I take Rand was in a hallway.  (Only room he seems to enter in the chapter is the room he kept Callandor.)

Perhaps she was the daughter of someone who worked there; and/or perhaps this relates to one or more of the laws Rand changed.

Archived