DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Your Favourite Songs and Why

Corki

And another one!

Song: Satellite

Artist: OceanLab

YouTube (or similar) link:

Why You Like Your Chosen Song: Continuing the chill out theme, here is some more trance from yesteryear. I just love this song as I feel I can just float away on it. Definitely a big fat tune for any outside party, in my eyes!

• 2 months later...

Song:Hijo de la Luna

Artist:Mecano

Youtube (or similar link):

Why You Like Your Chosen Song: Well, I've really gotten into Spanish music recently, mainly in preparation for studying abroad there in...four months (yikes!). I love this song because it's absolutely beautiful when you listen to it. Also, the message of the song is about the dangers of love and giving away children, which is an interesting song. I made sure to link a video with the translation so you can all still understand it :) Oh, and the use of the Avatar Animated show is pretty cool too ;)

Song: Preliator

Artist: Globus

Youtube or similar link:

Why You Like Your Chosen Song: I mostly listen to classic, and so now and again, I have a soft spot for neo-classical. Most of it is garbage, but I like this one because of the opera-like vocals, if nothing else. The music does help it carry a haunting, fatalistic air.

If you like Spanish music, particularly incredible Spanish guitar, then you should listen to some Rodrigo y Gabriela

I'll have to look them up! Although I'm trying to concentrate more on listening to the words to help me grasp the language better but hey, I should get to know some popular Spanish artists while I'm at it right?

Song: Furr

Artist: Blitzen Trapper

YouTube (or similar) link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqtlcHiSHTE

Why You Like Your Chosen Song: This song reminds me of nature, pure and simple. It's beautiful melody and stirring lyrics transport me to green mountains with wolves and bears and streams and verdant forests. It's beautiful and beautifully sung. It's definitely one of my top 5 favourite songs.

song:10,000 Days (wings pt. 2)

ArtistTool

Youtube

Why i love it

Well first of all Tool are one of my faveorite bands of all time and i like every song without fail. But this song is just so....ahhh i don't know hpw to describe it ...but it just sends chills up my spine listning to it. Especialy some of the vocal harmonys that maynard does with himself. I've always been a fan of realy long "drawn out" Progressive rock music. But the amount of times i've just basked in the beauty of this song is uncountable.

The song is all about his (maynard, the lead singer) mother who who was in a wheelchair for about 10,000 days before she died and her suffering ended. If you listen to the lyrics it all seems pretty christian and almost sounds like it's describing the life and works of Jesus. Well it's actualy a tribute to his mother saying how she was near enough perfect, and that she had "secured" her position as one of the finest people the earth had ever seen.

It's like the ultimate tribute to a parent who he loved and respected, it's incredable realy.

ORG points for Feb 2011 done to here.

~Jea

• 4 months later...

Song: All The Fools Sailed Away

Artist: Dio (Dream Evil, 1987)

YouTube (or similar) link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkiQKfTt8hk

Why You Like Your Chosen Song: As long as I've loved Dio I've loved this song. Its so relevant to me, as it seems to represent the hardship I've gone through in my life. "We were caught in the middle of the madness/Hunted by the lion and the lamb" reminds me of my childhood so much, a very hard time for me, but the last lyrics "they say you're beautiful/and that they'll always let you in/but doors are never open/to the child without a trace of sin/sail away" have reminded me even through hardship, everybody has done something they're not proud of, and its human nature at the end of the day and they must move on from it.

• 1 month later...

You Shook Me All night Long by AC/DC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bomv-6CJSfM

Why You like This Song?

The simple answer to that question is because it is awesome. It's a resounding clash of passion, sex and unadulterated fun, mixed with the thunderous melody that only and one of the all time great rock songs can have. The best songs are the ones that can lower or raise you're spirits right from the first chord. And right from the moment this song starts it puts a smile on my face, it makes you want to join in the chorus, it makes you want to dance, it makes you want to be part of the band. It's simple, it's dirty, it's powerful, and it's Rock and Roll! A great song from a great album, and to think only 18 months before this came out everyone thought AC/DC were finished after the tragic death of Bon Scott. What a spectacular way to prove the critics wrong.

ORG points for March 2011 done to here.

~Jea

ORG points for April 2011 done to here.

~Jea

ORG points for May 2011 done to here.

~Jea

Archived