DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Council Formations (Attn: Arath, Tai, and Sereth: CLOSED)

OOC: This is a flow on RP from  http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,44078.0.html

Covai's eyes took in the two men infront of him. The newly formed council had thought long and hard about who the newest members should be. To be honest, Covai knew relatively little about the two. The fact the six other Tsorovan'M'Hael had chosen them to be promoted spoke well enough for him.

Arath had stayed in the room, as had Waeyl and Haykes. The other three had stepped out to start making preperations and ensure the Tower wouldn't fall apart while they were gone. Truth be told, Covai was glad they had left. He was surprised they had managed to fit seven people into his quarters. Expanding it to nine would be pushing things a bit too far for comfort.

"Tai, Sereth." Waeyl's voice broke the arkward silence that had once again filled the room. "Do you two men have any idea why you have been brought here?"

Covai watched as the two men barely shuffled their feet. They were nervous, but hid it well. It was no surprise though, the men wouldn't have chosen them if they were push overs who crumpled under pressure. Hiding a smile as he sipped from his mug of water, Covai wondered if somebody should have told them exactly what they had been called in for.

Tai'Dashan sat on the floor, alone in the empty room, her scent still lingering in the air. He inhaled deeply, his eyes closed. In the last 24 hours since her death he had berated himself, hunting for any choice that might have saved her. He wished that he had spent time loving her but knew that this was a foolish notion. He was a tool for the Dragon, to be used until broken. He could not afford to give his heart to someone. Even someone who had already held it.

Opening his eyes he stood. Being here was not lessening his grief... Shutting the door softly he released a breath he had not known he was holding. He needed to talk to someone and Arath was off somewhere doing Light knew what to hold the Tower together. His mind made up he strode downstairs and out the Manor door. Walking across the grounds he was met by a red faced Dedicated. Saluting, he barely caught his breath before speaking.

"Asha'man Dashan," the man panted, apparently he had been hurrying. "Your presence is requested by Storm Leader Haykes. He is meeting with the M'Hael Seriba at his room at the Inn."

Tai nodded and thanked the man numbly. What in the Light was this all about? Whatever it was, he would not keep the men waiting. Shortly afterward, Tai stepped into the small room where Covai had been recovering. Silence hung thick in the room and things were somewhat foreboding. Sereth was there, just the man he had been heading to find. He went to stand next to his friend under the gaze of the other men in the room.

Tai, Sereth," Said one of the Storm Leaders. "Do you two men have any idea why you have been brought here?"

Tai shifted his stance a little under their gazes. He wasn't sure what to say.

"I imagine sir, this has something to do with the events of the past 24 hours." He said quietly. He shot a questioning look at Arath and Covai, the only two he knew well in the room. Neither one gave away a hint, their faces blank.

Tai waited for the answer to come, his mind racing furiously. What in the Light?

Sereth Arian was sitting in the inn, sipping at one of his many herbal concoctions. This was a simple one, meant simply to rejuvenate; it gave energy and helped clear the mind. Two things he needed desperately, as he'd barely slept. Brent dead, Aria gone... Tai... He sipped again, his thoughts having revolved in these circles many times since the events of the previous day.

He stood, noticing that his drink was finished, and walked towards the door of Covai's inn, thinking of his friend Tai'dashan, and the man who defeated Brent Enios only one day prior. He'd seen the mad light in Covai's eyes, but still he trusted the man. He wrote it off as nothing more than the glee of destroying a foe as vile as the former M'hael.

Just as his hand touched the grain of the inn's door, a dedicated came at him. "Asha'man Arian, you are wanted to M'Hael Seriba's quarters." Sereth's eye brows shot up, now what does he want... He nodded, dismissing the dedicated, Rurial was his name. Sereth had trained the man himself. He looked around, for the first time relizing that their were full Asha'man in the room whom he had trained from the lowest rank, some he had even tested for the ability to channel. Your not old Sereth... but you've been channeling for a while now... Ruthlessly he shoved down the thoughts, he took precautions for madness. He wouldn't be caught unprepared.

His thoughts returned to Covai's summons, walking to the man's quarters, where he'd been recovering from his brutal battle. When he entered, he saw three Storm Leaders, and he nodded to each in turn, a gesture of respect to each. He waited but a moment, and Tai'Dashan entered the room. He was more startled by this than he cared to say. The both of them...

"I have a couple of ideas, Tsorovan'M'Hael Waeyl." He resisted the urge to sigh, realizing what it must be like to be examined by his own careful eye. No... your eye is almost always friendly. "Punishment or reward for our actions yesterday, unless I miss my guess. After all, we did play a small part in the battle." He schooled himself, keeping his voice level. He had no wish to sound condescending or arrogant, simply to present his thoughts in front of the leaders of the Tower.

"To put it politely." Covai remarked as he put his mug down and started to set into a roll from the tray in front of him. The two men were starting to feel their nerves set in. Arath, Waeyl and Haykes were all as stone faced as he had seen them. Covai was still too exhausted to keep any set expression for long, so he busied himself with the food that had been brought for him. It was hard to read a man's face when he was shovelling food into it.

Pausing after his first few mouthfuls, Covai pointed at the two Asha'man with a wedge of cheese he happened to have in his hand. "You two directly attacked higher ranking individuals in the Black Tower. You are both Asha'man are you not?" Covai's eyes narrowed at the men.

"So tell me what in the light possessed you to get involved like that?"

OOC: Be honest boys. That's all I have to say.

"So tell me what in the light possessed you to get involved like that?"

Tai thought briefly before opening his mouth...and promptly shutting it. What was he supposed to say to that? After a moment Sereth had not yet spoken up, so he decided to take the initiative.

"Covai," He began. "sir," He amended. He was still not sure what to call the man. "There was a conflict going on that had the potential to harm not only the two of you," He motioned to Covai and Arath. "but also many others here. I felt it my duty to engage said individual once his actions showed him out of control and a further danger. I must admit the fact that the Civilian that the Storm Leader needlessly killed was close to me, and that made it personal." A note of cold steel had entered his voice unbidden. He couldn't help it, it had only been 24 hours ago he had watched her die after all. He did make an immense effort to moderate his tone however, present company considered.

"But change who he murdered and my actions still would have remained the same. I will accept what punishment you see fit but I stand by my actions and would repeat them again for the good of friends and those of lesser rank alike." It was a bold statement but he meant every word. Gone was the cheerful, friendly, boy of months ago. He had been through far too much. He had seen men hardened from Shienar, and while he was not conscious of the fact, the past month's events had changed him too.

He glanced at Sereth briefly while he spoke before resting his gaze on Covai once more. He could not speak for the other man, but he was sure he felt the same...

Sereth listened intently to Tai'Dashan, nodding in agreement. The other man spoke of the heart of the matter, something the Andorian thought he could always expect from Tai, no matter the hardships he'd been through. Don't worry Tai, you'll get through this...

"Tai'Dashan and I share the same reasons for attacking the Storm Leader. I have very little to add Covai, accept the man was obviously mad, or at the very least I pray to the creator that he was. If such a beast were allowed to raise to power under Brent, than you did us a larger favor than I originally thought by ridding us of the man." He steeled himself for the next part, "Which brings me to the next reason, he was Brent's man to the core, Brent disobeyed the Dragon Reborn. A recent oath, and my own heart forced me to take action against such a man."

A cold drop of sweat trickled down the back of his neck. He'd acted on the oath that Covai made him take, but he feared that he'd taken it to far. "I hold no guilt for my actions Storm Leaders, so do what you must."

Covai smirked as he looked at Sereth.

"An oath eh?"

There was a knock at the door before Covai could continue. He nodded at Haykes to go see who it was. As the Shienaran slipped out of the room, Covai focused his attention back to the matter at hand.

"So, you are both prepared for the consequences of your actions?"

As the men nodded in unison, Haykes re-entered the room. Covai nearly reprimanded the men before he noted what the Shienaran was carrying.

"Very well Tai, Sereth. Haykes will be the one to deliver your punishment." Covai nodded to the man who stood behind them. "Haykes, if you would."

The two men visably flinched has the Shienaran placed hand on each shoulder. Besides the intial response however, the men stayed calm. It was a calmness that would seal their fate.

Seizing the soruce, Covai wrapped the items Haykes had brought back to the quarters with threads of air. With a quick flick of the thread, no more than would be needed to snuff out a candle, it was all over.

"An oath eh?"

Tai found himself nodding in response to Covai's question. Haykes went to see to the knock at the door but Tai was focused on Covai.

"So, you are both prepared for the consequences of your actions?" Tai nodded. Given the gravity of what they had done, mixed with the events of the last few days, he was prepared. His friend Sereth was right, they had sworn an oath. "Haykes, if you would."

The man's hand landed on his shoulder unexpectedly and made him flinch. Besides the reaction he stayed perfectly still, wrapped in the Void. Suddenly Covai seized the source and wove Air past the two of them, and everything went dark.

For a moment Tai was confused as something soft covered his face. He felt at the fabric and pulled it from his head, his hair going slightly askew. Finally he had the fabric in his hands. The embroidery on the sleeves caught his eye and his jaw dropped open. He glanced at the now grinning Covai in confusion. "Sir..." Covai nodded to confirm what he was seeing in his hands, the robe of an Attack Leader. He was stunned. He was confused. It was all to much, Aria's death, the strain of what he had done...The Void went and tears crept unbidden from the corners of his eyes as he snapped fist to heart in a smart salute.

"Mi Sora Far Toh, Mi Sora Far al'Aman" He murmured. It was one of the last phrases Aria had taught him, and he had never found a time more wothy...

Sereth flinched when a hand was placed on his shoulder. A deep seated fear ran through him, but he had resigned himself to his fate. Covai drew on Saidin, and Sereth closed his eyes. When enough wasn't drawn to decimate him, or worse gentle him, he opened them. Just in time to have the robe cover him.

The Asha'man blinked, looking down, and then blinked several more times. The embroidery on the sleeves, he looked back to Covai, understanding donning on him. Promotion, not punishment, he was an Attack Leader, a leader of Asha'man. Perhaps the wrist, holding the sword. "Thank you Storm Leader. I..." For perhaps the first time in Sereth's life, he was at a loss for words. "I will make sure you don't regret your decision."