DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game] PS3 Gamers

Blig Blog

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

So Far So Good with AC2.  GOW 1 and 2 will get started today, but I guess I can play AC2 till Dale gets home with GOW 1 and 2.

Decided to just modify my existing post since nobody else has posted since yesterday.

So got to play a little God of War 1 last night and this morning.  They've done a GREAT job in rendering everything in HD, except for one little problem.  The Cut Scenes.  All the pre-programmed cinematics seem to be crappy as the original.  Now it's possible they did this no purpose to highlight the difference between the old look and the new, but I somehow doubt it.  They really should have taken the time to make the cinematic scenes as pretty as the action IMO.

• 1 month later...

okay i only have 2 problems with my ps3. 

1.  my boyfriend has hijacked it and plays madden and NCAA on it all the time  >:(  ::) :D

actually only one real problem.

and for clarification i dont have any of my systems hooked up to the internet.

a few months ago, my ps3 decided that it would stop recognizing any ps2 games and erased a bunch of game history on its own.  i had almost completed 2 game series. God of War 2 and my .hack/ G.U. series.  i'm still a bit miffed about this, though not as much since i got the new double disc GoW collection for x-mas.  but i really miss my .Hack/G.U and i was on the literal last boss.  this game is 3 frickin disc's long people, each took me a good 48hrs or more to complete cause its an RPG type game :(

besides that, i have no issues with this system and it is my fav out of the 3.  *convulses* and i can't wait for GoW3.  it will be EPIC!!!!!!!!!!  *drools*  only 3 more months right?!?!?!?!?

okay as for games

- GoW collection

- InFamous

- Star Wars: force unleashed

- haze

- resistance: fall of man

- smack down vs raw 08

- the bigs 08 & 09

- assasin's creed

- turning point

- ridge racer 7

- harry potter: ootp

- sacred 2

- madden 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10

- ncaa 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10

- march maddness 08

- ninja gaiden

and a few others, and alot more sports games

also i must say, even though i dont own it, Arkham Asylum was one of the best games for this system out this year :)  i rented it and beat it over a week.

• Community Administrator

Fun thing about the PS3.

Its fairly easy to copy game saves over to it!

At least, now that its fairly easy just to transfer the data and all.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/save/929995.html

It may not be YOUR save, but hey, I've been there.

Ever play Riven Sequal to Mist?

I was at the very end of the game, stuck on an elevator with a dreaded 'music puzzle'.

Guess where the game got saved?

At the bottom of the elevator, no way back up to 'hear' the tune.

The tune is randomized every restart.

:P

Course, I also lost virtually all my old game saves from the PS1 era when my multi-page memory card decided only 2 pages weren't corrupt..

In some cases... When you spend hours upon hours playing a game, and it becomes corrupt, its best just to find a gamesave that matches yours the most.

I did that with the Witcher after the 3rd playthrough and losing the saves. ;)

• 5 weeks later...

PS3 was the last of the 3 main consoles I purchased and it is now the only one I play on.

Games I own on ps3 are..

Ashes Cricket

Borderlands

Bioshock (yet to play)

Brutal Legends

Burnout Paradise

COD : Modern Warfare 2

Digaea 3

Dragon Age Origins

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires

Fallout 3

Fifa 09

Heavenly Sword

Killzone 2

LittleBigPlanet

LOTR Conquest

Madden 10

MAG

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe

Overlord

Ratchett and Clank - Crank in Time (yet to play)

Resistance 2

Rockband 1 and 2

Sacred 2

Sega Megadrive Collection

Street Fighter 4

Oblivion

Uncharted

Virtua Tennis

Previously I had been a mainly rpg based player although not many have came out on PS3 yet. I want far too many games but need to complete some of the others first.

Games I am looking forward to the most are

Final Fantasy 13

God of War (1,2 and 3)

Re : Disgaea

I haven't played it much as I read that they would release trophies soon (bought it around August and they said Fall for EU). I liked it when I played it. I liked the way it is so over acted and totally bonkers.

Might just play it soon as they are probably never gunna release the trophies.

Re : Metal Gear

Never been a fan of it

Re : Infamous

Nearly bought it about 10 times and is still on my list of games to buy with uncharted 2, assassins creed 2, darksiders and a many more games

Thats strange, I've had trophy support for Disgaea 3 for... 4 months? I wonder why the European version is taking so much longer?

The trophies though, you may as well work on the game since you can't even touch the trophies till... level 1000?

Example, One trophy calls for you to do over 1,000,000 dmg in combat.

Thats the lowest one.

I think it goes up to 100,000,000,000 dmg in combat. ;)

Yeh so I heard about lvling first.

NIS don't seem to want to give the EU trophies. Playing MAG atm anyway which I will probably play till FF13 comes out.

Okay, i got a game for you. But I don't know if its in Europe yet.

Demon's Souls.

The fact that we like so many of hte same games on the ps3 is intrigueing. :P

• 2 weeks later...

*cries*

i have no PS3 anymore!!

my PS3 just quit working!!!  it wont even boot up  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

you turn it on, press the power button it starts up like normal, then 3 secs later it beeps three times, the green light flashes to orange, blinks at you a few times then the entire console shuts off

*throws hands up and yells to the heavens*  WHY!!!!!  with GoW3 only a month away ... WHY!!!!

*cries*

i have no PS3 anymore!!

my PS3 just quit working!!!   it wont even boot up  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

you turn it on, press the power button it starts up like normal, then 3 secs later it beeps three times, the green light flashes to orange, blinks at you a few times then the entire console shuts off

*throws hands up and yells to the heavens*   WHY!!!!!  with GoW3 only a month away ... WHY!!!!

If you have a game in the drive, you can shut the ps3 off from the back, hold the eject button, then turn it on again.

Supposedly that works.

Have you tried holding the power button on for like 6 secs to see what happens?

When it started this, were you in the middle of a long gaming session? It might turn on after its cooled off abit... But' i'd still seek getting it replaced from sony.

bubba was in the middle of actually playing a game and it just turned off.  he tried turning it on but it did what it keeps doing now, so he did a hard shut down with the switch in the back and left it for 10 mins.  still the same.

its out of warrenty, so not only will sony charge us for it, but we wont know how much until we actually send it too them dry.gif

have been talking to a few people and they say mostlikely we fried the hard drive from the fan crashing *headdesk*

not to mention a few months ago, my ps3 decided that it was goign to erase data all on its own and stop recognizing ps2 games.

bubba was in the middle of actually playing a game and it just turned off.   he tried turning it on but it did what it keeps doing now, so he did a hard shut down with the switch in the back and left it for 10 mins.  still the same.

its out of warrenty, so not only will sony charge us for it, but we wont know how much until we actually send it too them dry.gif

have been talking to a few people and they say mostlikely we fried the hard drive from the fan crashing *headdesk*

not to mention a few months ago, my ps3 decided that it was goign to erase data all on its own and stop recognizing ps2 games.

Well, even if sony charges you, it 'is' cheaper than buying a new PS3.

And besides, the new PS3's don't play Ps2 games anymore.

One of the things I've read about the issue you have, is the the CPU's need reseating. (Overheating) Sounds like the hard-drive is also an issue.

There IS a possibility you could do if the hard-drive is dead, all you'd need to do is find/buy a standard 2.5" hard drive (See your ps3 manual for specifics) replace the old one, and see what it does.

IF its just the hard drive period, well thats a cheap fix. :P

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This topic seems kinda dead. I own a PS3, my PSN ID is CardboardCannon. If you add me just leave me a message letting me know that you are from here and I will gladly accept.

Likewise to any and all, my name is bornagainh1tler but in caps. I accept any friend request I get usually but if I know people are from here I will actively try and join you if we have the same game etc.

I really need Black Ops. Managed to borrow it a few times but theres as much pain as pleasure there, what with having to give it back and all :biggrin:

ADD ME! DO IIIIIIIIIT!

• 1 month later...

Why would it need to be hooked up to the internet?

If you have a NEW Ps3, and by new I mean, IF you have a 40GB, 80GB, a slim, and anything thats not the orginal 20G or 60GB, or the 2nd 60GB ps3, Then they aren't PS2 Backwards Compatible. You can look up your model number online and it'll tell you if its Ps2 BC or not.

But they will play PS1 games, regardless.

(they took out PS2 BC inorder to make it cheaper.)

Yeah you need a PS2 for PS2 games or a PC able to properly emulate. I used to hate Sony for this but some poking around revealed that they really had to do it for price reasons. It wasn't just a line of BS.

I plan on purchasing both a PSP and PS2 (again, old one broke) in the next few weeks. Wanna give Persona games a whirl :D

Archived