DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Football World Cup 2006

Majsju

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Majsju

2xDj was great before he was signed, but couldn't adapt to EPL. Basically every team in EPL has some experience with this. Buying players from South America or Africa is always a risk, unless they've been in Europe for a couple of years.

Diarra on the other hand has experience from both the French league and Champion's League. Not so much of a risk.

The only player in Australia that I would consider for United is Kennedy. But since we have four great attackers atm, and are linked with players like Torres and Zlatan, there's not really any need for him. But that kid has a great future if he can go to a club where he can get a good development.

Guest Majsju

Wilkshire??? He can't even get into Bristol's starting XI, and Bristol is a midtable team in League One. And considering that he's already 25, he can't exactly be considered a young and promising player anymore.

Ok. I know nothing about soccer or football or whatever you call that game where they have round balls and no one can touch it except the guy in the pretty shirt.... But...

Australia won a game!!! Woohoo!

That is all I wanted to say :)

We won, we won. It was incredibly shiny. Though i must admit the shit coming from the mouths of the newspeople strikes me as incredibly unclassy. All this boasting, and putting down of Japan... its like, we won, should'nt we be the ones being humble right now? *sigh*

I must say i take back what i said about Viduka, i thought he played an excellent game.

Guest Majsju

Luckers, have you never read an English newspaper the day after a game?

Media loves pulling out the big words, it helps them sell.

Something that I find extremely unclassy and rude was what I heard about the airing of the game Czech Rep - USA in the US. Apparently US telly switched to a commercial during the Czech national anthem. Rude is just the start of what should be said about that.

Guest Majsju

Right, it might provide knowledge of other cultures, and we can't have that :lol:

Today's games were quite disappoinitng. South Korea didn't show much of the aggressive and speedy game that took them to the semi-finals 2002. But It was fun to see Togo, no respect whatsoever. But in the end, 2-1 to Korea was a fair result.

France should feel lucky about their 0-0 against Switzerland. And I lay a lot of the blame for that on Henry. He's supposed to be a leader on the pitch, to create, and to be there when others create. He failed all that. If the coach had subbed Henry instead of Ribery, I think France would have won, but henry seems un-subable, even though he rarely shines in the national team.

Good sign for France though is that Zidane seems to have decided to go out with a Bang.

Brazil got a hard eraned 1-0 against Croatia. Controled most of the game in the 1st half, but invited Croatia back in the game by falling back, and allowing Croatia to increase possession. Chasing the ball is not Brazil's strong side. But what a goal by Kaka!

Guest Majsju

And Group A is already done, before the last round. Germany and Ecuador goes through to the next stage. Quite a shocker, as many had expected Ecuador to finish last in that group.

But it's a nice team to watch, quite good individually, as most south-american teams. Maybe a tad naive sometimes, but not to the extreme.

And 5-0 in two games is a quite good goal-tally, though neither Costa Rica nor Poland have been very hard opponents.

And now I expect to see England go through by getting their 2nd win against Trinidad & Tobago. Sweden has a must-win game against Paraguay later today, win there, and Sweden goes through, defeat or draw, and the team can go home.

Guest Majsju

OMG! T&T is not only holding 0-0 against England after the 1st half, they also had the two best cnances to score. Absolutely nothing works for England, Crouch is rubbish as usual, Lampard missed a shot he would have scored with his eyes closed normally...

Go Trinidad! :D

Guest Majsju

Aww, so close. Less than 10 minutes from another shocking result by T&T.

But two great goals by England. Crouch didn't do anything right, until he got his header in. And Gerrerd's shot was pure brilliance. Good to see that Rooney is back as well. He seemed a bit careful with his foot, but didn't seem to have any pain.

England 3rd team to go through. Sweden might be the 4th, if they can just get a goal.

Maj, don't worry about your boys. They will secure the second spot in group b!

I am checking my brackets for the first HUGE upset?

Anyone think the Brazil can be beaten by Spain or Italy? Lets's hope not...

My finals by the way...

1.Brazil

2.Czechs

3.Netherlands

4.Argentina

Guest Haxorsist

Woohoo! Go Sweden!

*whips out a Swedish flag and starts singing the Swedish national anthem*

"Jag känner en bot

Hon heter Anna. Anna heter hon."

:D

Guest Majsju

Well, Sweden is a better team than paraguay, so normally they shouldn't have any problem getting a win. But the lads have had extremely hard scoring the entire year. it doesn't matter if you 65% possession and 25-1 in shots (the stats from Sweden - T&T), if you don't actually score.

Italy looked really impressive against Ghana. Especially because for once they actually tried to play football, instead of the typical Italian defence-minded play. If Luca Toni is in form, they can absolutely take Brazil.

Spain got a good win against Ukraine, but to be honest, Ukraine didn't put up much of a fight, so it's hard to say anything about Spain's status based on that game. Great morality-boost of course though.

I said it before the tournament started, Italy is the #1 threat to Brazil.

Maybe I should clarify about Sweden....They will take the 2nd spot if I draw their offense a bloody map to the back of the net!

What about your opinion on 2nd place for groups F and H?

Italy has the potential to screw everything up for me. If they beat CR out for the top spot they will probably go deep. If they take the expected 2nd spot AND can UPSET Brazil...they will go very DEEP.

Maybe the U.S. will beat Italy and I will not have to worry at all! HEY! It could happen!

Guest Majsju

So far it looks Way better than against T&T, more creativity, more aggression, better chances...And Paraguay's defence is a bloody joke.

I just chipped in €10 on Zlatan getting the first goal, so he better not let me down :D

Guest Majsju

I will never make a bet again, Zlatan subbed in HT because of injury.

And oh my, this was a bot too exciting for my poor nerves...So many chances, and Allbäck would have scored if that stupid ref hadn't wrongly claimed offside.

But, Ljungberg in the 89th minute, 1-0, and Sweden through to the next stage :D

Now I'm gonna go out and get so drunk I don't remember my own name :lol:

Archived