DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Re: Winter in the dream (open)

Jehaine

Rebecca walked through the empty streets of Caemlyn. Though the Andoran capital was normally crowded, the most she was able to see is a short glimpse of someone flashing just in her field of vision before disappearing again. Though people winking in and out of existance would under normal circumstances be troubling, such events were quite common in Tel'aran'rhiod, and the Dreadlady paid them little mind. In here, focus was key, and she would not let herself be distracted by such trivialties.

The reason she had come here tonight was a simple one. With their recent victory in Shienar still fresh, she was trying to get an impression of the size of the city, how its roads were built, what would be the choke points for the defenders to make their last stand as Trolloc hordes charged into them... The usual. She had visited Cairhien last week, and was already planning a trip to Chachin when she had finished with Andor, perhaps the Shadow could move to retake Kandor before it had a chance to build up its defenses again...

Taking a deep sigh, she looked at the palace, trying to decide whether or not she'd move onto its grounds. She decided not to however, as Andor had always had a good relation with the White Tower, and she didn't want to end up falling into an old trap that had been set to protect against the very situation she had been considering. She walked into an alley, intending to see which road was at the other end, and more importantly how many Trollocs could be shoved through it at once.

Rebecca

Planning an assault

• 4 months later...

Coming to an end of an alley, to a street that passes infront of the palace. Dahvid, is strolling and admiring the beauty of his city and the peace and strange light that comes from everywhere, yet nowhere in the dream world. When he comes face to face with a beautiful woman. He expects her to disappear like all the rest. Just a flash then gone, but she doesn't, she stays.

It dawns on him, The agelessnes of the face. The shawl on her shoulders bearing the flame of Tar Valon. Aes Sedai.

Though one can change there apperance in the dream world, Can one be sure that she is as she appears. It is best if caution is used. As is in any situation, yes, caution.

"My lady." 

Rebecca fusses with her disguise, straightening the green shawl around her shoulders. Though she was aware that her clothes, her entire appearance could be altered with but a thought, the only couple of things she had changed was turn herself into a blonde, increase her height by six inches or so and keep the shawl and ring she had studied formed at all times. She found a road that was pleasantly wide, but as she looked in the other dirtection  she ended up face to face with a stranger. He didn't disappear like the rest, and it was too late for her to act like a visitor by disappearing, so she decided to go with it.

- "Good day."

Speaking in the most regal and composed way she could, she gave Dahvid a polite nod, taking note of his appearance out of habit, even though such things were useless here. She calmly waited, giving him the opportunity to speak, and if he had nothing to say she would resume her rounds for the night. There was a lot of ground to cover still, and she needed to get it done so she could wake with a decent amount of sleep under her belt again.

Rebecca

Wants to be awake tomorrow.

"My Lady" Dahavid responded. Pitching his thumbs through his leather belt. A quick reach to his dagger if need be, but most likely useless if this Lady was an Aes Sedai.

Dahvid had come to the dream world quite often as of late to admire the grandness of Caemlyn. As well as a knawing feeling that he should be there, as if his life may depend on it. He had taken to calling it the dream world now. Though he first was taught it to be called the wolf dream. He had decided only a few short years ago to walk away from his family legacy. He was tired of the fear people had of him just because of his yellow eyes. Nevermind that they did not know that he could communicate with wolves, the looks of down right terror when they saw his eyes was more than he thought he could bare.

But this lady. She had not appeared afraid. She did not smell afraid. But smells in the dream world were all but nonexistant. Dahvid looked her in the eyes. His mother had taught him that the quickest way for you to get to know someones heart his to look deep into thier eyes. From that you can see thier soul, and know if its dark or light.

And he said, "What brings such a pretty lady to Caemlyn?"

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Sorry, forgot about this one.

IC:

Rebecca studied Dahvid, trying to get an indication of what he felt. Appearances were misleading, but for someone that had been taught the ways of the Domani the way he stood told her a great deal about him. He looked... aware, for lack of a better word, and she found she didn't quite trust the way his thumbs were stuck through his belt. His yellow eyes held the same probing inquisitiveness she knew her own amber ones had, marking them both as being wary of the other.

- "I intend to visit this place in a while, and i wish to ensure i would know at least the basics of the street plan. I value my well-being enough to have no desire of ending up in the wrong district by accident... And what of you, sir?"

She wasn't lying, but she wasn't telling the whole truth either. Yes, she was planning a trip. Yes, she wanted to know the street plan before she got there. And telling this person that she intended to do so with a couple of Fists of Trollocs would be beside the point. That was information that was better left in the middle, and she mused how close her way of talking was to that of an Aes Sedai. She didn't even have to emulate it either...

Rebecca

Your turn :)

OOC. No Worries  ;) 

IC.

" I intend to visit this place in a while,and wish to ensure I would know at least the basics of the street plan. I value my well-being enough to have no desire of ending up in the wrong district by accident. And what of you, Sir?"She said in the usual Aes Sedai arrogance and superiority. If nothing else said she was Aes Sedai, her tone spoke volumes.

Still looking into her amber eyes,to catch the slightest glimpse of true

intentions, he responded. " I walk the streets of Caemlyn, here in the dream world to remember. Remember the culture. The shows of comedy and of tragedy that told the stories of the common and wealthy alike. The architechture.From the Royal palace to the smallest of the common mans hutch. The life of the city and country that I swore to pro..." He had almost said too much. Looking into those amber eyes, he forgot himself.He was mesmerized be the sheer beauty and the...age. He Blushed!

"Forgive me, my lady. I ramble. From where will you be traveling to come see this wonderful city?" In all his time Dahvid had never seen a soul that old and hard. He knew there was more to her story.

He knew that this woman was a pure evil, wrapped in a beautiful package. His hand slid closer to his belt knife. There was no reason to let her come to Caemlyn, if it was going to cause pain for this city and country.

OOC. I might be along time before I can get back to the story after this, I will be moving.

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: No probs. Rebecca's in her twenties by the way :P

IC:

If it hadn't been for the assassin training she had gotten since she were a child, Rebecca wouldn't have noticed Dahvid's hand creeping closer to his dagger. She did not look directly though, keeping her eyes on Dahvid, noticing the dagger from the corner of her eye. A handy skill to have for an assassin. She decided to humor him and allow it though, senses an inch from wielding the power to block an attack he would believe unsuspected. If he was going to make the first move, she would make him more than regret it.

- "Cairhien actually, though i spent much of my time traveling i still make occasional visits to the city of my birth."

Again, she saw little harm in telling him more about herself. If Dahvid was half as perceptive as he was giving her the impression he was he would have noticed her short stature, possibly even the hint of a Cairhienin accent on her tongue. Still, she crossed her arms, tapping her chin in thought as she tilted her head.

- "Much as i regret to admit it, but being Cairhienin i can't help but read more into your statement, sir. You claim to return here to remember Caemlyn, possibly Andor as a whole... Is there a reason why you feel you cannot return here?"

Rebecca

Told you she was Cairhienin...

• 2 months later...

OOC: Thanks for hangin in there, I didn't expect to be away so long.                                                    IC: So she is from Cairhien,or so she says. Great, Dahvid thought to himself. I love a good game of stones, just not in real life. I hate the bloody "Game of houses". Well she caught my slip, something must be done. How well does she know the dream world,Dahvid wondered.                He grew up coming to the wolf dream while sleeping and knows that the mind is the best weapon here. If it is going to be a battle then "time to roll the dice" as he had heard a young man say not to long ago.                                  " Yes," Dahvid replied. " I walk the streets of Caemlyn, my birthplace, to remember that I swore an oath to protect her from all evil. And trying to do so I was banished by the Queen. She is bewitched I think, by some new member of the court. But by my life I still will protect my Queen and counrty. Even I must do it from afar, and in secret."             

Mikael gazed around him, his eyes wide.What an odd dream...The city surrounding him was Caemlyn,but it seemed subtly different from his home. Walking slowly down the streets, he reveled in the peace and quiet of this dream. It seemed so remarkably different from his recent nightmares of shadows and wolves. Why there's Old Brendil's Shop...

He walked for a ways before turning down a supposedly empty alley, only to find it occupied. Two people stood there looking warily at one another. The first was a large man, who had the look of one capable of defending himself. He gave a start at the mans eyes, a yellow that closely resembled that of the wolves who walked his nightmares. He turned to the woman and received yet another shock. She's beautiful... He quickly closed his mouth, embarrassed that he had been staring at a woman, even a dream-woman. Then he saw the sigil on her shawl. His mouth went dry. An Aes Sedai?! "Why am I dreaming of an Aes Sedai!"

Rebecca thought on Dahvid's answer for a while. Though she preferred to view herself as having a decently high rank amongst the Dreadlords, it was still a far cry from knowing about the plots her 'colleagues' devised to work themselves up the ladder. At times, she suspected not even the Chosen themselves were aware of all of these plans, and it could very well be that this boy's suspicions were true. He was a little too proficient in Dreamwalking for her to dismiss his claims as the illusions of a drunkard.

- "A bold claim to make, surely. Still, i do not quite see how that would have led to banishment... It would be more akin to self-imposed exile to dodge the headsman's axe. Nobles in general do not appreciate being slandered. Still, i would--"

She raised her hand, indicating to hold the conversation as another man seemed to arrive at their location. As much as she was interested in hearing if Dahvid had any proof for his accusations, having other people overhear their conversation could quite possibly end up with her cover being blown by rumor alone. Dreadlords tended to share a certain sense of paranoia towards one another.

"Why am I dreaming of an Aes Sedai!"

- "Who knows... Perhaps we are the ones dreaming of you? Though personally, i would consider it more likely that the three of us are dreaming this exact place instead. The World of Dreams has always been one we wished to explore.

Rebecca

Being Aes Sedai-ey

• 4 weeks later...

Pherno peered around the corner, desperately hoping that he hadn't lost the Aes Sedai that he was trailing. He saw the Aes Sedai with two other men as well. "What are they doing here? He thought to himself, and that darned voice had an answer, as usual. One of them is almost certainly a wolfbrother. The other one will probably dissapear shortly, but he might be trained in the ways of the Unseen World. If there was a wolfbrother here, then the risk of getting discovered had increased dramatically, and Pherno knew that if he was discovered, then Moridin would punish him. For a few moments Pherno weighed his options; to keep following the Aes Sedai and risk discovery and death at Moridins hands, or flee and forfeit any information that he might gain. He made his choice and settled down to wait for the Aes Sedai to leave.