DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Can Min's viewings fail?

Paradox

That's unfortunate for you. Because you still have a poor grasp of the language.

I have a poor grasp of the language?  So far, only you has said that.

Those three "sentences" (though they're really not) are all one thought. As I said before. They are all linked.

I did not deny that.

And my comments could imply that I understood it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now you two are being petty. Just because you're right doesn't mean you have to go on at length about it. I have seen much worse grammar and spelling than that in the past.

Now, about Min's viewings. Does anyone have any idea how she gets them? Is she adept at discerning the effects of actions and translating them into images and auras? To get the level of prediction she has now she would need to have some way of viewing the Pattern beyond her natural scope. Or does the Wheel use her to manipulate others the way they need to go to complete the Pattern? In that case, the Wheel would insert* information about its plans directly into her head.

*Edited specifically for RAW

To get the level of prediction she has now she would need to have some way of viewing the Pattern beyond her natural scope.

Moiraine speculated that she "sees" pieces of the Pattern itself.  If that is so, then what she "sees" is not in any way determinative, merely infallibly factual.

In that case, the Wheel would beam information about its plans directly into her head.

Please ... please don't use the word "beam" for this ... I'm already sad.

That's unfortunate for you. Because you still have a poor grasp of the language.

I have a poor grasp of the language?  So far, only you has said that.

Anything else to show your excellent language?  ;)

Those three "sentences" (though they're really not) are all one thought. As I said before. They are all linked.

I did not deny that.

And my comments could imply that I understood it.

On the contrary, your comments show exactly that you don't understand it. Or don't see what to understand...

Now, about Min's viewings. Does anyone have any idea how she gets them? Is she adept at discerning the effects of actions and translating them into images and auras? To get the level of prediction she has now she would need to have some way of viewing the Pattern beyond her natural scope. Or does the Wheel use her to manipulate others the way they need to go to complete the Pattern? In that case, the Wheel would insert* information about its plans directly into her head.

Min's viewings do not come at will.  How Min sees them?  I guess it would have been something the Pattern did to her in the past; or perhaps the ability is in her genes.

Knowing the interpretation; for some she might have seen the fulfillment of similar ones in the past, for others the Pattern would probably reveal the information.

Can Min's viewings fail?  Nope.

If Min "sees" you surviving well into senilty and causing your children to go insane through their attempts to care for their dotty parent, any attempt you made to suicide in order to avoid that would fail.

Elayne literally cannot die until sometime after her twins are born.  No matter what foolish thing she might do.

lol Min is a anomoly, the results of the remainder of the equation the pattern creates to determine the world. (lol sad attempt at a movie quote)

btw it is explained that freewill is based by how much free space there is in the pattern so a big change cannot happen if there is no room in the pattern for it.

Archived