DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

TV Chopping Block....

Emperor

Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters, the creators of The CW's struggling paranormal comedy "Reaper", have signed a deal to develop television shows for 20th Century Fox TV. The show's future has been in question since its return a few weeks ago to poor ratings - this effectively has proven the final nail in the coffin.

Various high-profile shows are 'on the bubble' right now and could effectively be officially cancelled in the next few weeks. These include Chuck, Dollhouse, Life, My Name is Earl and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

I think Sarah Connor stands a fairly decent chance of staying on the air, despite struggling with dropping ratings. But the new movie opens soon, which could be used to promote the show.

If not, one can always hope Sci-Fi picks it up, because now it has started to pick up pace again after the horrible mid-season story arch.

I really like Sarah Conner... most of the time.  The show has some REALLY good plot lines.  Some times it gets weird... like when Sarah got captured in that van or in the sleeping clinic.  Stop with those and get to the action. 

Who thought it would be a good idea to move the show to Friday anyway.  It was doing alright (not great) on Monday nights.

Dollhouse was cursed from the start.  It was on Fox and in their wisdom decided to put it on Friday nights.  Now Friday night has worked in the past for... well.. one show... X Files.  Otherwise it is a given that Friday night shows will suffer in the ratings.  I think if Fox moves the show to a week night and let it go for another season it will thrive.

• Community Administrator

Look at New Amsterdam, That was an Awesome show. That came on After Hereos, Monday Night. Thats 9pm Central, 10pm Eastern.

Badddd time slot. At that time, most people are tuning out to go to bed, or turning to there 'talk shows' like jay leno, or that one guy on cnn...

like when Sarah got captured in that van or in the sleeping clinic.  Stop with those and get to the action. 

That was the last ep (I think) of that mid-season arch I really did not like. Because it led to absolutely nothing. Sarah sees her three mystery dots, goes to see a spacegeek in drag, which sends her out in the desert only to find what might be a Cyberdyne factory, and then they head off to a funeral that ends with them seeing a bloody spaceship. WTF???

I could buy it if the factory and the smalltown tied in with the water delivery boys, but from Weavers reaction, it seemed like the factory was hers, and not the others.

And considering the trailer for next ep, I think it miught be the best of the series so far. And not only because it hints at John getting a bit too...friendly...with Cameron ;D

Most of the other plotlines I liked, but you are right, that one was pointless.

I really liked the sub one.  I loved the one where they captured the future con and had the present kid together.  I am digging the John Henry arch and still want to know what Pale Redhead has planned. 

The sub was awesome. I pretty much always love when we get glimpses of the future. Too bad Derek will not be able to tell us anymore. On the other hand, one of the best deaths of a main character I have seen in a long time.

As for John Henry and Weaver...I think they are a new player, one that want the machines to win, but not by wiping out humanity, more some kind of agreement. I just hope that if i am right about that, they will do it in a good way, so it does not end up all Matrix pseudo-philosophical crap.

• Community Administrator

Eh... New Amsterdam... something was off with that show.  I even quit on it after two episodes.  Maybe it took to long to get going.

There was new amsterdam, and that other show, on a similar time on a different day that was alot like new amsterdam. WTh was that one called again?

Looks like Dollhouse has bitten the dust.

Felicia Day tweeted about how the episode she guest stars in won't be aired but will be on the DVD. She didn't actually state the series was canceled, but when Fox decides against airing an episode that's ready to go, it's easy to see the writing on the wall.

Archived