DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

THE CHALLANGE OF THE SASHES!!!

twinflower

Welcome to the Second Annual Challenge of the Sashes!!   

April is National Poetry Month!!  To celebrate, the Kin has a poetry contest between the Sashes!!  Last year it was a close run between the Green and the Purple!  Who will win this year?  *Grins*   Actually, it was the Kin that won last year!!  LOL  We had a blast reading Epitaph’s of our dear council members, and ballads of the Kin!  So get your pencils sharpened, your fingers limber and your minds spinning kiddos!  It’s time to step up to the CHALLENGE!!

POEMS AND  TOPICS

There are four types and topics for each one!  They are:

Acrostic  using the words, Nightmare or Stardust

Epitaph   The topic will be any Kin member.

Ode       The topic here is the Sashes, the Kin or both!

Haiku    Earthday themes recognizing the celebration of Earthday this month!

VOTING

Every Tuesday this month, and one Monday, the poems submitted for that week will be posted in a voting thread on the Kin’s Public board!  Everyone is encouraged to vote be they a Kinster or a visitor!  One vote per person!  *grins*  And…the voting will be hidden!!  LOL   I love the anticipation that builds!  Winners will be revealed the day the next vote begins!!  In the case of a tie, the Council will hold a separate and private vote to break the tie!

The poem winning first place that week will receive their Sash group 5 points.  Second=4; Third=3 and last=2.

The Winning Sash group with the most points at the end of the month will receive 50 points to divided among the participating members!  They will also be declared the Poet Lauretes of the Kin and a siggy to tell the world that they are!  And last, they will get a surprise Happy Mail from the Council!

But wait!! ;)  Everyone participating will receive points for their efforts!  Second place will get 40 points, third 35 and last place 25 points, again to be divided among the participating members!

All this info will be available on every Sash board, as well as a description and directions for each type of poem!

*grins and bounces*

On your mark, get set…..START POETING!!!!!  And Good Luck to everyone!!!

*note Please post your poems in the working threads in your Sash boards, until they are posted in the voting threads!!! thank you!

*claps, grins and hugs tight*

That is wonderful!  OH ..you should delete it here and put it in your sash boards for one of your entries!!! 

Dragonsworn...I moved your post to the blue sash board!  That way you can use it for an entry in the epitaph week!!  *grins* 

boy you all better sharpen your pencils!!  LOL  this was GREAAT!!!!

*bumps with her hip*

Wow we have a lot of threads!  I bumped this up so y'all would be sure to see it....*smiles sweetly*

*bounces*  oh boy..I even gave the acrostic one a whirl!!  LOL  So..I can tell you that right now..the Blues and Reds have already been writing and have entries for the Acrostic..lol. 

Could it be?  Might it happen?  Seems to me that our "baby blues" have thrown down the gauntlet to the older and wiser...*giggles* and so far are winning! 

*hums and crochets, rocking and grinning*

Oh and just a couple notes to pass on...

At the end of each voting period, all the poems written will be posted here on the main board and at the end of the month, a vote will be opened to vote for the best poem of them all!!! *bounces and grins*

Also by popular request..in the third week..we will be offering a second type of poem to choose from for writing! This will be a JoTS!  Huh?  *grins*  THose of you in the Band know what I speak of already...but for those that don't..

Remember Matt's song...Dancing with the Jak o' the Shadows?  This is actually a form of poetry, very fun and easy to do!  In the third week you will have the opportunity to give it a whirl!  Check out the sash boards for the specifics of how to write a JoTS!!!

have fun!  and WELL DONE to those of you already writing away!!!

I'm going to step in and say no to the JotS thing, simply because the Band seems to have it copyrighted somewhere. To avoid the drama that goes with it, let's avoid it.

Now, if you want to write lymrics (which is exactly the type of poetry that the JotS thing is), then feel free. :) Irish drinking songs make me laugh...

lol, it wasn't you I was worried about beating with sticks because they broke my "no drama" rule, dear.

And I only like boys when they're old enough to be useful. Somewhere around 25 or so... *laughs*

I'm sorry torrie!!  I have pm'd the powers that be..hopefully they will get you on board today!!!  *hugs*

No rush, no rush! It just sounds like great fun.

Agrees with Lor on the boy thing. At least 25, although I think I would go as high as 28/29.

I voted! :D

*grins* I've found that anything less than 25 and they still annoy me with their god complexes. *shakes her head* They're all Rand before 25, I believe. I prefer a Lan, if it's all the same. ;)

And I eat little kids for breakfast. *grins* the younger kids at school are afraid of me. I think it's because they see me fussing at my class all the time...

I agree with the 25 thing for most guys. There are a few though, that seem to reach that point slightly before they actually reach 25, it is a rare thing, though. *nods*

And I VOTED! *grabs a sticker from Twinny*  ;D

Archived