DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I LOVE YOU FDM!!!

Canukistani

evryone's snobby.  basicly if you play on a private server then you're accomplishments mean crap cause you're a cheater.  well, that's the thinking.  same with if you bought your character.  that's why people would be snobby to you if they know you play on a private server. 

As someone who has only really been playing for a couple months, I don't find the people snobby. If anything, I find them to be rather immature, since most of them are kids. But nearly 95% of the people I have encountered and interacted with randomly in the game have been very nice and helpful to me. I think it is one of those situations where if you go into wanting to not like it, you are only going to see the negative things, and if you go into with a positive attitude, you'll get the most out of it. ;)

My favorite WoW moments so far are two of them.

1. The first time I ever saw a horde member was while waiting for Canuki to get off the boat just outside Darnassus. I asked her and Azrael what it meant when I targeted them and it said I could attack them. So I asked them what would happen if I attacked her (lvl 80 Blood Elf Paladin), and they laughed and were like, "She will be allowed to attack you back, and she will kill you". So I shot her with one of my spells and ran as fast as I could the other way (I was a lvl 14 Druid at the time). The spell missed, the boat came, and she just laughed in my face.

2. Canuki and I were at the Goldshire Inn dancing on a table, and some Dwarf came up to us and was dancing too. So after a few minutes we left to go questing, and I get this whisper:

>>Hey wanna cyber?

<<LOL

Me in Guild: Hey Canuki, that dwarf just asked me to cyber

Canuki: hehe

>>Well, do you? Pleeease?

<<ROFL

Me in Guild: He won't leave me a lone

Canuki: Hang on

--seconds later---

(Canuki has challenged him to a duel)

Canuk: Buff me

Regular Chat to Dwarf: Canuki>> Remember, only if you win.

Me in Guild: LOLOLOL. Beat his ass!

(He starts smacking at her and she just stands there for a few minutes, before completely obliterating him)

Canuki: Now leave us alone, or we'll report you.

As someone who has only really been playing for a couple months, I don't find the people snobby. If anything, I find them to be rather immature, since most of them are kids. But nearly 95% of the people I have encountered and interacted with randomly in the game have been very nice and helpful to me. I think it is one of those situations where if you go into wanting to not like it, you are only going to see the negative things, and if you go into with a positive attitude, you'll get the most out of it. ;)

so basically it's like Runescape, just ignore the shouts of "NOOB!" and the like and don't say you started out playing on a private server and I'll do fine? :P

and LMAO at the dwarf XD

prolly buying a card for one month today... dunno when I'll actually use it though if I get it

There isn't a whole lot of "Noob" shouting that I've encountered. The trade chat can get pretty perverted, so I tend to turn it off, but if that kind of thing bothers you, you can always use the language filters. And WoW is a fairly solitary game (at least how I'm playing it), so there really isn't a whole lot of situations where you would share that you came from a private server. Perhaps you get into groups more as you get higher in level, but Canuki would be able to answer that better than I.

lol, perversion doesn't bother me :P heck, the other night i ran around with my top off cuz i thought the color of it (matched my pants) was rather cute and was dancing topless just out of sheer random sexiness :D but yeah, if i find the card, I'm getting it. may be another week before i actually use it though... but i think I'll be a draenei or how ever it's spelled. or a night elf :P though i REALLY like blood elves

well, the only times you need to group up with people is to go do dungeons.  The lower level pick up groups (pugs) are a crapshoot as to how well you'll run the dungeon.  Because by then a lot of people are first time players and have no idea what thier role is in a group let alone how to perform thier role.  From like lvl 40 and up dungoens things tend to work out best.  And by the time you're doing lvl 60 dungeons things should be rolling like clockwerk unless you get that 1 idiot that had too much to drink or bought his character from some website and hasn't learned how to play.

most people party up to do outside of dungeon stuff so they can play along side their friends, like FDM and mine's pallies.

you need the burning crusade expac to play draenai or blood elves.  and FDM and i and LDD play alliance.  lol, all three of us have pallies as our mains.  it delights Azrael to no end cause he's a pally lover.

Ostara Ritual, celebrating the Spring Equinox and the rebirth of the god. doing a fun-filled ritual for beginners as I'm involving Ferathil in this one :P

and I'll be able to get the card this weekend i think... i hope is more like it so Chrono and I can play together

Archived