DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Everything Black Ajah

Eqwina

blackajahrpbanner.jpg

The Black Ajah has existed for as long as the other Ajah's; it consists of those among the Aes Sedai ranks sworn to the Great Lord of the Dark. For centuries they have lurked unknown to the other Ajah's, and even after becoming known their existence is denied to the rest of the world. This is to prevent blacking the name of Aes Sedai and to prevent aiding those already campaigning against the White Tower.

The Black Ajah is comprised of Aes Sedai from all 7 of the recognized Ajah’s. Each Sister a master at dissembling ;who are careful to give no outward sign of their true allegiance.

Since the founding of the White Tower they have walked the halls and shall for time out of mind.

The Black Ajah is headed by 13 members called the Supreme Council, with one Aes Sedai sitting at its head. Her rule is surpassed only by that of the Forsaken and the Dark Lord himself. Her seat is a precarious one riddled with pitfalls and black holes; each mistake a sure step towards death. For the lesser members of the unrecognized Ajah the dance is no less fatal. These members are arranged into hearts of 3, where they know themselves and their heart as well as one outside. The fewer who know a thing the easier the secret is to keep It is as much for the Black Ajah’s protection as it is the Sister’s.

Just as the young are guided to the 7 Ajah’s so they are guided to the Black.

The Black Ajah network of eyes and ears is extensive within the Tower, and almost nothing can occur on the Island without their knowledge. If there are tendencies seen in any woman she is watched until they can be sure of which way she will choose. If she looks to be Black at heart she is approached and guided (this is rarely done as it dangerous, since young women can be fickle); all done with the extreme caution of those used to having to hide in plain sight. On rare occasions there are women that escape the Black Ajah’s notice, but in the end it is always known when a woman has reached out to the Dark Lord. By swearing an allegiance to him her name is known and passed through secure channels until she can be approached.

With the woman’s allegiance already made it is then safer for a casual questioning of her loyalties, done in a way to not raise suspicion. Once the proper inquires have been made, and the right answers given the woman is offered the chance to swear again. This time in front of a council member where the Three Oaths of the White Tower can be removed and new oaths taken.  If the wrong answers are given, or she is found to be unworthy then quiet arrangements are made for her death if she is felt to be a threat.

However, above all else their loyalty lies with the Great Lord of the Dark which they have sworn to serve. They are broken free of the Three oaths in order to re-swear new ones. Which sets them apart, unlike the rest of the Aes Sedai they are able to utter a direct lie.

The Council is chosen by the Great Lord who obviously knows the identity of every one of his minions. As the Chosen were released there came a choice among the Black Sisters of who to serve, and not all would keep following Demandred. As such the loyalty of the Black Ajah as a whole is split. They function like a underground shadow alignment with one  only common  factor.... they all serve the Great Lord, but through different loyalties to his Chosen. As such for a chosen to gain control of the Black Ajah in full they would need to gain the loyalty of the full council, a feat yet not archived since Demandred walked the ground alone.

Black Ajah Head/OCC

Head of the Supreme Council/IC:Eqwina al'Caupthn (Yellow Ajah)

Supreme Council:

- Raeyn Sedai (Brown Ajah)

- Cemarillinin Sedai (Green Ajah) *Serves Rahvin

- Faerzyne Sedai (Gray Ajah)

- Alicatia Sedai (Gray Ajah)

- Irina Sedai (Gray Ajah)

- Vera Sedai (Gray Ajah)

-

-

-

-

-

-

6+ Open Spots

Sisters

-Jasmyne Sedai(Red Ajah)

Ex - Sisters :

-Nyssa Sedai (Gray Ajah) *served Be'lal

Hearts**Updating in Progress**

Raeyn-Cemarillinin-Irina

Faerzyne-Alicatia-Vera

Eqwina-Jasmyne

The Oaths of the Black Ajah

The woman who is about to become Black Ajah is secreted to the depths of the Tower and there she is bound, and while the 3 Oaths still hold, is asked….

“Do you_________Sedai pledge under penalty of torture and surety of death that the Dark Lord is your Master?”

When she answers ‘Yes’ the Three Oaths are painfully removed. From there she takes the Trinity of new Oaths. Each one engraved on her bones with the Oath Rod.

1. I shall swear to serve the Great Lord of the Dark as my true and only Master. Him above all others shall I obey.

2. I shall never reveal the identity of any Black sister to someone not sworn to the great Lord of the Dark. Knowing that my failure in this shall lead to death.

3. I swear that I will never reveal plots, nor plans, that may endanger my new Ajah or any of its members.

Once the Oaths have settled on her she will speak the following pledge to the Highest ranking member of the Black Ajah in attendance.

“The Great Lord is my master, and most heartily do I serve him to the last shred of my very soul.  Lo, my Master is death’s Master. Asking nothing do I serve against the Day of his coming, yet do I serve in the sure and certain hope of life everlasting. Surely the faithful shall be exalted in the land, exalted above the unbelievers, exalted above thrones, yet do I serve humbly against the Day of his Return. Swift come the day of Return. Swift Come the Great Lord of the Dark to guide us and rule the world forever and ever.“<--Taken from the Prologue of The Great Hunt, when Ba'alazamon appears to the chosen 100 in the Heart of Shoul Ghul.

You can find the White Tower site Here

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

i sugest the oaths be updated acording to relevant info in the latest book, not going to say more around it if someone havent read it but if the specific words relevant is needed i can try to look them up

but yeah we now know pretty much what the oath is when sworn as a DF, and some of those become party flawed under that principle

If you could look into that and update it that would be great. I have read the book, but can't recall where in the book I would find it, or who even I would be looking for and I'm not really up for re reading that book just yet. However, if you don't want to go through it let me know and I will.