DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I have a new liking to goats..... >.>

Nynaeve

They're really awesome.... minus the stinky factor. But a lot of people are stinky too, so goats aren't really that bad  ^_^

This totally puts goat trollocs on my second favorite (after wolfie ones).

I mean, seriously... their eyes are so freakishly wicked  O_O

This is all coming from some volunteering time I spent in a goat farm (I need it for my application for vet school, plus it was a really fun experience). So, I spent there some time during the period they give birth to little goaties... man..... that was ewww worthy, for sure. Loads of goo  >.>

\m/

Nyn

Goat milk is really good.... we had some every time we had coffee :)

And yeah, I did get to help, Zania. Not as much as I wanted, since there's a lot of things I wasn't allowed to do as a volunteer. But I did get to feed the little goats with a bottle and elevated some of the work load.

If this was another org, I'd prolly post pics, but I'm not sure how much people around here are interested  lol

Nyn

Once when I was 13 we nabbed a sheep from the neighbor's corral and would play rodeo with it. Sheep don't like to be rode, so they buck and twist quite well. I think I may have won with the longest time on--until the old farmer who owned it caught us and chased us down with his tractor...then he told me parents and I was stuck tossing hay during harvest and it sucked. :(

I'm also a townie and only get to see house pets. The goat thing was a first... I was never that physically close to a farm animal... let alone taking care of them. It was really exciting :)

They waggle their tail!  It's so cute and odd at the same time.

Nyn

I was brought up in a town but not too far from the country. My grandparents had a farm, so when we stayed there is was great. Can't beat a calve that is just a few hours old, they are so cute too.

Though I have to say just watched Elephant Diaries, where they take orphaned elephant bables in the wild and hekp them grow to be able to survive back in the wilds. Those little elephants are just so cute too, and to watch them play, you wouldn't know they did all that...

Thats my cute animal over and done with...for the moment. So I'm saying I so understand what you mean Nyn...lol

Archived