DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What'd I miss??

Seryanne

Welcome back Seryanne. The gray's really misses you.

*snuggles Seryanne*

Mendorah will probably be excited that you are back.

Sery!  *Tacklesnuggleglomps*  I thought I'd never see you at DM again!  *Clings*

A lot has happened since we last spoke.  Here on DM, I was promoted from White Sitter to White Head a bit after you left.  I was White Head for awhile, then I was promoted to Keeper on June 30, 2008.

In RL, I finally graduated with my doctorate in clinical psychology in June 2008.  I was initially planning to take some time off before working, but my alma mater offered me a job that I couldn't refuse.  I'm now accruing my postdoctoral hours there, then I'll take the licensure exams.  Once I'm licensed, they will make me clinical faculty.  I'll see patients in a newly forming faculty group practice, supervise doctoral students, and teach on the side.

Nothing much has happened in terms of my love life.  I only had one boyfriend in between Eire and my current single state, and it only lasted for a short time as we discovered we were a poor match in terms of values and life goals.

What's been going on with you?  Did you graduate from NUI-Galway yet?  Are you working, doing more school, etc.?    

Ooh! Thanks for the welcome :D It was deeelicious :)

Dwyn, I graduated from Galway at the end of that year, and have been working in Mendorah's favourite radio station ever since, either part-time or full-time :) I started crafting and choir, and gave up blogging and message boards to live on facebook :) I don't REALLY have time to spend on DM, but Cairos convinced me to at least sign back up and say hello every now and again :)

Congrats on your Doctorage, do all the DM kids call you Doctor D? I know I would! *snuggles*

Ahem, Facebook?  I finally bit the bullet and got one too.  I'm using it more for costuming, photography and film networking than actual friend stuff, but as most of those people I'm connected to there were my friends first, it's less about work right now than about being silly, hehe.

Thank you Sam :)

Believe me, you will not BELIEVE the pleasure meeting me brings :)

*grins*

I'm like... Heidi and Axl Rose rolled into one. But more ginger. and with specs. So maybe Pippi Longstocking, Harry Potter and Axl Rose. And Heidi.

Amazing!

Hey May,

Yep that's right... Living close to Limerick now. I did live in Dublin briefly, by which I mean three months :) You must miss it, I guess? It's a fun kinda town :)

Lovely to meet you too. There used to be one or two more Irish knocking around here, back when I was active a couple of years ago. I guess they got distracted. I know I did :)

Ooh! Thanks for the welcome :D It was deeelicious :)

Dwyn, I graduated from Galway at the end of that year, and have been working in Mendorah's favourite radio station ever since, either part-time or full-time :) I started crafting and choir, and gave up blogging and message boards to live on facebook :) I don't REALLY have time to spend on DM, but Cairos convinced me to at least sign back up and say hello every now and again :)

Congrats on your Doctorage, do all the DM kids call you Doctor D? I know I would! *snuggles*

I'm glad to hear you're working in a radio station, since I recall you said you wanted to do that.  What station would that be?  (I don't know what Mendorah's favorite station is.)

Some people around here will call me Dr. Dwyn or Dr. D every once in a blue moon, but most people still call me Dwyn.  I have no preference either way.  ;) 

Oh Sam, I'm not in a band at all! This was this AWESOME place in Manhattan called Arlene's Grocery. And every Monday night they do Live Band Rock'n'Roll Karaoke. Has to be seen to be believed. A VERY fun night :D

(if you're going to sing, though, get your name in the hat EARLY)

I admit it freely...I am a karaoke junkie....before I had kids I was at karaoke shows 3-5 nights a week.  It got so that after a while I had the DJ return the slips to me so that I didn't have to rewrite them every night.  I had about 75-100 different songs I would sing.  ;D

Well let's see.....a small sampling

Baby Got Back - Sir Mix-A-Lot

Wild Wild West - The Escape Club

One Week - Barenaked Ladies

Ain't Going Down - Garth Brooks

Runaraound Sue - Dion

La Bamba - Richie Valenz

Nothing But A Good Time - Poison

Heard it Through the Grapevine - Marvin Gaye

Miami - Will Smith

Keep Your Hands to Yourself - Georgia Satellites

Blue Moon - The Marcells

All Right Now - Free

Chocolate Salty Balls - Chef(South Park)

Trouble - Travis Tritt

I know there is a distinct lack of "slower" music in the list.  I did sing some and like to do so....but as the majority of people at Karaoke sing the slow love songs, I felt it necessary most of the time to spruce things up. 

I know there is a

Archived