DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

2008 Top Singles - It's a Knockout (Winner: Nickleback; Runner Up: Sam Sparro)

Corki

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shades of Whitney Houston aggrandizing Dolly Parton's little introspective and intimate song (I Will Always Love You) into some great, bloated, over produced, behemoth of an anthem.

But the Timbaland song had so little of a vocal track that my brother who couldn't sing "Jimmy Crack Corn" on a bet could have carried it off...

Leonard Cohen will make even more money from his quaint little song about all the "little hallelujah's" in a couples life and Alexandra Burke will grow tired of belting it out night after night. Maybe someday she'll see fit to alter her interpretation back to somewhat it's more intimate level. But nonetheless...

Hallelujah gets my vote.

Maybe someday she'll see fit to alter her interpretation back to somewhat it's more intimate level. But nonetheless...

She didn't get a choice bro. She was the X Factor winner this year and the whole thing was arranged and decided by the show's producers before the winner was even chosen. The first single is always done that way.  :) Glad Alexandra won though, she has one cracking voice that lassie, besides being a real lady.

I'll go with Katy Perry too.

She had no input on the interpretation she did for the competition? It was basically the same... She didn't have the Norman Luboff Block and Tackle Choir as background singers nor stand in an "Every Breath You Take" candle grid but her singing was much the same...

She DOES have a good voice.... and presence. I agree.

Archived