DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Jean Grey Xmen 3

loosehead

>.> I went to the first day showing, though it wasn't the FIRST showing. I almost killed the four girls behind me, laughing at every little thing. Loudly. Literally, they must have laughed every five seconds. But, I despised the movie. However, as Cadsuane said, I think it does depend on expectations. I expected it to be great, as great as the first two. I expected it to at least semi follow the comic. It did neither. If I didn't have such high expectations, I probably wouldn't have been as disappointed as I was.

Well, I went into the movies expecting to see an Action Movie with the characters I had grown to know in the first 2 films. Whether you are a fan of the comic or not, that's NOT what the movie was. It was a movie and no matter how faithful anyone tries to be to another medium, it always changes things.

So, going in with only the first two movies in my head.... I enjoyed it. Not as good as the others I agree, but it was enteraining. And that's all I ask in a movie. Entertain me please?

If I want something deep and dark to make me think and ponder and wonder where the world is going, I wouldn't go to a summer blockbuster.

So my expecatation in seeing X-men 3= summer blockbuster. My reality was an enjoyable summer blockbuster.

:P

Sonas3.jpg

I hated the movie, and I read the comics. The dark phoenix arc was my favorite ever. I couldn't stand what they did to the whole phoenix story, but whatever.

Wolverine *is* a mutant. Both his claws, and his healing factor are mutant abilities. The adamantium coating is not a mutant ability, but the claws *do* predate it in bone form.

Hulk and spiderman are not mutants. They were modified by circumstances, and not by mutation. Mutation, even in this comic is used in the classic sense, meaning your dna is different, not that you were exposed to something after birth.

J

Will the Hulk' date=' Spiderman, and the Xmen ever be in a movie together?

Question asked again- is this general discussion? Does this forum even have a mod assigned?[/quote']

it is WOT discussion because when the soldiers come over the bridge towards the final battle it does look (imo) the way the asha'man rip people apart

reply about post credits ending

that man in the body was professor X...

I know... I wasn't mentioning his name in case anyone missed that bit....

the body was the brain dead guy we saw in the video...

Yeah I figured that out too. Not straight away though... I had forgotten about that video by the end of the movie and figured that maybe Professor X had been thrown out of the house... Later on my mind reconnected the dots as it were.

Prof X was killed his soul lives because of his mental capacity and so he transferred himself into the body

I figured that too. I wasn't confused as to what the scene meant, I was just asking if anyone else had noticed it too, and what they thought of it. My question concerning the original man's soul is still valid though as well. As is the one as to whether or not he would retain his powers in a non mutant body (hence linking to this site and the ongoing discussions whether facility in the One Power is genetic or purely attached to the soul).

Hulk and spiderman are not mutants. They were modified by circumstances, and not by mutation. Mutation, even in this comic is used in the classic sense, meaning your dna is different, not that you were exposed to something after birth.

But doesn't any change to a persons DNA (whether it starts at birth or otherwise) qualify as a mutation? For example, if your DNA is damaged by radiation and you develop tumours, isn't that a form of mutation?

I have heard that to qualify as a mutant the individual has to be able to pass the DNA onto their offspring too, but I'm not certain of that. That doesn't mean one has to be born with altered DNA though (but I might be wrong).

I am aware that Marvel comics probably don't class Spiderman as a mutant however... but in the true scientific sense, I think he still would be.

• 2 months later...

On the fact of Spider-Man and the Hulk.

1)The hulk is the result of his fathers genetic experiments so there for is a mutant. Whether or not the x-gene vaccine would work i doubt it due to the lack of the x-gene.

2)Spider-Man also is a mutant due to the genetic research that was done on the spider that bit him. So as mentioned in #1 he wouldn't be affected by the the vaccine either.

3)It wouldn't be official enough without a #3.

Archived