DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The War of the Shadow - Of Darkness and Light

Winterwinds

Guest dragonsworn1991

After letting out a stifiling moan Marvole began to open his eyes, noticing the rocking motion of the sky. Lifting his head a little he noticed he was on a stretcher heading towards a group of tents. All of a sudden his dream came crashing down on him.

"Where... where am I?" was all Marvole said as he descended into sleep.

The next thing he was aware of was beeing sit down in a tent and then not much else, until he heard snatches of wat seemed to be a heeted and urgent conversation outside of where he was laying.

Marvole Sedai

A little confused but mostly tired.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had been on the move only half a day when they stopped and made camp near a river South of where they had started out. "Too bad I can't open a big enough Gateway to move everyone through." Thallan thought as he started to tend to his dinner, a fish he had caught with some tea that he was now warming over a fire. Glancing over at Scylla, he wondered if she would be fine after Jon's injury. Turning over the dagger that he had pulled from Jon's wound over in his hands, he was careful to wear gloves so not to even get a scratch, Thallan delved into the dagger for the second time this day. A chill went through him as he found all the weaves of a power wrought weapon, and then a few weaves that he had quickly identified as the tainted weaves of what twisted Scylla's being. "They just don't seem natural. Most weaves can be dispelled but this....this is something else." He whispered to himself as he put it into a box of steel and weaves that would protect anyone from it. "What was that?" asked one of the medics that was sitting across the fire from him, a medic that was tending to Jon and also seeing if Marvole would be fine from fainting. "That, was the blade i took from the Captain's back." Was all that he was going to say but then he decided to add in, "This dagger is made from the power but seems to be made of shadow. I am surprised he even survived being cut by it, let alone being full on stabbed." The medic, upon hearing this looked surprised at the tone he had used, a serious tone by her face, but only said "Well, I'm just glad he will be alright, and that someone with more healing expertize was there." Then the medic got up and went into the tent to check on the two unconcious men. Thallan just glanced at the tent once then opened up a wine skin and drank a big gulp of wine.

Thallan Sedai of the Green Ajah.

Well out of his league with this type of healing......

Guest dragonsworn1991

Waking up to see the contrast of fading twilight, and the glow of a campfire Marvole rose groaning. Looking around his surroundings Marvole noticed the captain still resting from his healing. Quickly he felt his coat pocket for his angreal and let out a sigh of relief to find it still in his coat pocket. Collecting his self he lifted the flap of the tent and walked outside. He instantly noticed Thallan, an old friend he hadn't seen in quiet some time. He motioned to Thallan to walk with him, and he told him, "I have something urgent to to tell you." Weaving a ward against listeners Marvole continued, "I know this is going to sound a little farfetched but I had a foretelling, and it has to do with the captain in the tent..." Marvole continued to tell Thallan of the foretelling. When he was finished he left the ward up waiting on the green aes sedai to comment.

Marvole Sedai of the Blue Ajah

Hoping his gamble in trusting his old friend will pay off.   

OOC: We didn't mean to make it seem that way, but we left faster because of the Darkfriends stabbing Jon with a blade. So you can say they followed us, since we didn't go North to where the shadowspawns were. Anyway...back to the original scheduled post of mine.

IC: Almost as soon as the medic had gone in, Marvole walked out looking as if he had a hangover. Looking at Thallan he, after widening his eyes slightly in surprise from seeing him, motioned for Thallan to follow him. Thallan rose slowly and then looking around followed Marvole to behind the tent. "I have something urgent to to tell you."he said as he made a weave against eavesdroppers. "I know this is going to sound a little farfetched but I had a foretelling, and it has to do with the captain in the tent..."he started, and then he told about what the Foretelling had shown him in his dreams. After he finished, Thallan put his hand to chin in thought and then looking around to make sure noone was looking he said "This is most strange, but I could of told you he was special, but not even I knew the Captain was this important to the pattern." Taking a deep breath he went on "You might as well know what has happened with this man, and how I met him. But promise me this, you will tell noone of this without my consent." Waiting for a quick nod from Marvole he said "Captain Jon came to the Hall of Servants when he met a woman who had been....deformed by the power. Apparently the Dreadlords aren't content with just killing us because they made her into a monster. She could drain someone's...well their soul with a kiss, which we fixed. But she is still deformed, and I believe her and Jon are falling in love. But it is because of her I am here, to protect her and keep away the Dark One's minions, because if they get her they can make more of her kind. They are both Ta'veren. But not even I knew he would help stop this war, or maybe something after it." Then realizing he had just ranted on for about five minutes, he summarized with "If you say you are to be here and help him, then you are welcome to help us my friend. Just know this will be hard and it could mean certain death." Then he waited for Marvole to respond to him.

Thallan of the Green Ajah.

Hoping he didn't rant on too much about the past.

Guest dragonsworn1991

IC:Quickly agreeing to Thallan's terms about the war beeing dangerous, he said, "Old friend it's good to see you after such a long and hard fought war, I am just glad I have someone I can trust, I have an angreal from the main camp, it's fairly powerful and consider it yours anytime you need it. As for the captains special friend I pledge by the light and under my hope of salvation to abide by yours and his secrets as if they were my own. Quick lets sit and eat, I'm starving, and we have a lot to catch up on."

Following Thallan to the nearest fire they began to talk about there friendship. "If you want me to I can delve the shadow weapon, and see if theres anything I can pick up from it, from all of the shadow's supprises that have hit the main camp I have learned a lot about the way the shadow attacks."

Marvole of the Blue Ajah

Not wanting to come off as a bragger 

Sitting down he listened to Marvole's request about delving the dagger. Pulling out the box it was in, Thallan just said "Don't cut yourself, use these gloves." and then he opened the box and held it out to Marvole. Then after he took it, Thallan placed the box down and said "You have an Angreal, good we will both probably need that in the future. I just wish we had a woman here so we could link." And with that statement out of the way, Thallan went back to cooking his fish and thinking about how in the world he would keep everyone safe if they were attacked.

Thallan Sedai of the Green Ajah

Part of the battle Ajah, and a good leader.

Guest dragonsworn1991

Putting on the gloves, Marvole began to delve the dagger. "Here is the problem the taint was sealed in here by a weave that repeats it's self. If you were to cut the first thread than the weave would dissapate. If not then the weave will continue." Marvole cut the first thread in the weave and put it in the box. "That should do it, the next thing that gets cut by that will fell the taint then it should be gone from it forever."

Marvole sat down next to the fire and looked across at Thallan, "You know, if you wanted to we could make a gateway to the main camp and try and recruit a woman so we could link." Marvole left it at that as a wolf's piercing howl sounded throughout the night.

Marvole Sedai of the Blue Ajah

Wondering what Thallan is thinking

"Danger Spring Rain...." The sending came as if though a sheet of fog from what ever wolf was trying to send it, "Danger....twisted" with this the picture of Trollocs marching towards the camp came to Spring rain who had been resting at a fire in the center of the camp as per her custom since the army had first let Khor Springs. At first the image did not make any sense, but then the next sending from a pack mate of the wolf who had spoke of danger quelled what questions she had been about to ask, the image was of the first wolf, dead in the grass with a good fifty trollocs marching past. She bolted upright and turned in the direction of the trolloc horde that was decending on them, it was coming from behind them but they had no sent, as if it was being carried away by a strong wind from behind Spring Rain and she could not understand it.

Sensing one of the pack leaders of the wolfkin nearby she sent an urgent telling, "Twisted, they come from behind, warn the others." Within a few seconds the whole camp was getting ready to face trollocs. 

Scylla was watching over Jon when something caused her to look up. She wasn't aware of anything being wrong, everything around her looked, heard and smelled the same as it did a minute ago as far as she knew, but she felt something unearthing old emotions, feelings of fear and unease bubbling up. She knew it wasn't because of Jon, though she was certainly worried about him the feelings didn't seem to be caused by him.

Others in the tent looked up as well, and she heard whispers of Trollocs having been spotted close to them. The feeling of unease increased further as she realised that she, too, was capable of sensing where Trollocs were. But was it a skill developed during her months of captivity in a camp of the Shadow, or another ability of her newfound form?

Whatever the case, she got up as well, trying to piece together what she felt and what she heard from others to try and pinpoint where the Trollocs were coming from. Though she lacked the ability to talk to wolves, she didn't need to to talk to the Wolfkin, and hopefully manage not to run straight into the Trolloc forces. Spotting one of the Aes Sedai near her, she grabbed his arm, wanting to help but finding herself wondering what she should be doing.

- "Umm... Want me to fly up and scout from above?"

In the back of her mind, she wondered whether she had recovered enough to attempt full flight again, especially with the trees all around her. Furthermore, her position might give away their location to the Trollocs. On the other hand, a marching army didn't tend to look up much, so chances were she'd remain unnoticed unless she started throwing stones at them. Whatever the case, the decision would be up to the Aes Sedai in front of her.

Scylla

Here we go again...

Thallan suddenly heard a wolf howl in the night, he couldn't speak to them, but he could sense the Trollocs out in the distance. "Trollocs!" he said just after the howl was done, and both Thallan and Marvole instantly stood up. "Well lets get ready for this" Thallan said and he walked over to his stuff. Suddenly feeling the slight tug as Scylla grabbed him he spun around as she said "Umm... Want me to fly up and scout from above?"Her face looked puzzled, maybe she was thinking about her strength. Thallan didn't have enough time to give a lecture about her recovery, and since he didn't know what in the Creator's name they had truly done to her, he sighed and said "Fly and scout for us. But whatever you do do notengage the Trollocs. And if you feel any weakness get the heck out of the sky. Good luck Scylla." Then he spun around to go and get his sword and ready himself for the first real battle since he was last at the front lines. Once he got his sword belt on, he drew the blade and examined it, unecessary because it was power wrought, but an old habit he did not want to break. Then after a few quick practice swings to loosen up his shoulder muscles, he put it back in the sheath. Then after finding Marvole, he ran in the direction that the Wolfkin troops were going. The last thing Thallan did before his mind was swept with adrenaline was to prepare to embrace Saidin with his necklace, which had the symbol of the Aes Sedai on it, a Sa'angreal that allows him to sense channelers from a farther distance and to hold more of the power in him.

Thallan suddenly heard a wolf howl in the night, he couldn't speak to them, but he could sense the Trollocs out in the distance. "Trollocs!" he said just after the howl was done, and both Thallan and Marvole instantly stood up. "Well lets get ready for this" Thallan said and he walked over to his stuff. Suddenly feeling the slight tug as Scylla grabbed him he spun around as she said "Umm... Want me to fly up and scout from above?"Her face looked puzzled, maybe she was thinking about her strength. Thallan didn't have enough time to give a lecture about her recovery, and since he didn't know what in the Creator's name they had truly done to her, he sighed and said "Fly and scout for us. But whatever you do do notengage the Trollocs. And if you feel any weakness get the heck out of the sky. Good luck Scylla." Then he spun around to go and get his sword and ready himself for the first real battle since he was last at the front lines. Once he got his sword belt on, he drew the blade and examined it, unecessary because it was power wrought, but an old habit he did not want to break. Then after a few quick practice swings to loosen up his shoulder muscles, he put it back in the sheath. Then after finding Marvole, he ran in the direction that the Wolfkin troops were going. The last thing Thallan did before his mind was swept with adrenaline was to prepare to embrace Saidin with his necklace, which had the symbol of the Aes Sedai on it, a Sa'angreal that allows him to sense channelers from a farther distance and to hold more of the power in him.

Scylla nodded and moved out into a part of the clearing where she would be able to get the necessary room to generate enough downforce for her wings to carry her up. Marvole would have full view of the batlike wings with a wingspan of between fourteen and sixteen feet that had been previously hidden under a bulging cloak as she prepared to fly up.

The first few swings were the hardest, and it was an effort for her to get back into it after having been in bed for the better part of two weeks. Still, she managed to fly up, instinct taking over as she started spiraling upwards above the trees. After a few minutes, she looked down, trying to spot the Trollocs that she heard were approaching.

There was another thing she had overlooked, it seemed. Even if she did manage to spot the army heading for their location through the cover of the branches and treetops, she had no way of letting the Wolfkin on the ground know where they were without landing, which would negate their advantage in turn. Still, it would mean she would be off the ground as well, leaving the fighting to people that were actually trained for it.

She landed on a branch, getting tired at the sudden exercise as well as needing to get used to wearing actual clothes again as opposed to the tattered rags of the past few months. She spotted them then, a force of perhaps fifty to a hundred Trollocs coming in. Squinting, she believed she could make out a Myrddraal as well, though she wasn't quite certain at that distance.

Figuring that was all she would manage to make out, she started gliding down again to relay the news to those fighting on the ground. Even though it was a small thing, she figured they would want to know how many Trollocs were going to attack them. What she was afraid of however was that the rest of Aginor's forces would follow shortly afterwards while the Wolfkin would be occupied with fighting off the vanguard.

Scylla

On her way down again

Guest dragonsworn1991

Following Thallan, Marvole opened up to saidin and ran as hard as he could. Marvole, would not, no he could not let the shadowspawn get to the captain. While he ran he began the weaves for fireballs and some other nasty surprises. Marvole thought to his self, "If only we had a female aes sedai, this would be a lot easier." As Thallan and him crested the hill they saw the horde of trollocs, and Mydrall approaching fast. "Thallan, I think it would be best if we stayed here so we can keep a good eye at where we are channeling."

Loosing a firebolt into the trollocs, the madness of battle ensued.

He watched the commotion in the valley below him, cursing to himself, another fade, as the humans called them, had appeared from the north taking control of his trollocs that were stationed there and bent on capturing the woman for himself, drove the trollocs to attack.

His plan might still work, but he had to move quickly. He moved swiftly towards his hideous and mad winged scout, about to impart his orders to her, when he felt the woman wing above the camp. He turned to watch her as she flew, scouting the northern trollocs. He did not think that she would spot his camp, it was smaller and well concealed, he did not allow any slack when it came to keeping his small army hidden.

A unnerving smile crept across his face as he saw her purple figure descend from the heavens. He spoke with the black winged creature he used as a scout and tried to make her understand what he wanted. She was to lure the purple one into a clearing that was further down in the valley, about half a mile from the wolf camp, he wanted to be close in case she failed him.

He unchained the creature, watching her soar into the air, she had none of the grace that the one he sought to capture seemed to emanate as she flew. That did not matter, he would have her soon. Flowing into the shadows, with his hand picked trollocs following him through the forest, they almost seemed shadows themselves which satisfied him. They still wore the necklaces that concealed their presence, which should allow them to reach the borders of the camp undetected, but he was not going to risk getting that close unless it was absolutely necessary.

His trollocs surrounded the clearing, bows and spears at the ready they hid themselves easily in the shadows on the border of the tall grass. Their instructions were clear, not even a trolloc could mistake the orders he had given. Wait until she lands, then aim for the wings, any shots that hit her body would cost the one who fired them their heads.

Getting to the top of the hill Thallan and Marvole stopped, and right before he threw a fireball MArvole said "Thallan, I think it would be best if we stayed here so we can keep a good eye at where we are channeling."This was a good idea, but Thallan was a better fighter and an even better channeler when he was up close. "Marvole, you stay here and watch my back, if you see any trouble coming that you would need my help with, use this to get me here." Thallan said as he put a coin in MArvole's pocket, "All you need to do is channel some Spirit into it and you and I will know to come to you. I got another in my pocket. But for now I will be a better help down there." And with that Thallan ran full speed off towards the armies.

When Thallan got to the back of the Wolfkin he channeled without stopping his stride, a complex weave of flight something he was taught a while ago, and he jumped as far as he could over the wolfkin with it since he could not sustain it for long without becoming tired. And he landed right in the middle of two Trollocs in which he proceeded to kill with the Power and steel.

Thallan

The crazy middle aged Aes Sedai with a real grudge against Trollocs, and a damn good fighter against them.

Guest dragonsworn1991

Watching his friend run, well rather fly into the heat of battle it left Marvole with a little awe. But it was too risky, was all Marvole could think. An aes sedai was a powerful tool, to use against the shadow and since there were two in this camp the battle should go smoothly.

Thats when everything changed.

A black leathry winged monster plunged down onto him. Marvole had only enough time to channel a small trickle of spirit into the coin.

The world swirled in many  different colors, all of them vivid since Marvole still held on to saidin. Marvole let the weave of spirit fail and he put all of his concentration into a deep cutting weave of air intricately weaved with fire to make it a clean slice. Yet he couldnt quiet get the weaves to settle correctly,and instead only pushed the thing back a few steps.

Marvole sedai

Fighting for his life

Anger filled the fade when he saw what his scout had done, she intentionally attacked an Aes Sedai when he only wanted her to lead the woman towards his trap. Was being the bait such a difficult job, he wondered. That did not matter now, he had to try and salvage the plan as best he could.

He forced the disfigured winged creature to take flight and come towards him, using his will to drive her into the night sky. She would make an incredibly difficult target, black leather wings in front of the night sky, and he had seen her maneuver in the air before. Whatever she lacked in mental capacity, she made up for in the agility of her wings. He doubted even an Aes Sedai would be able to hit her in flight without the sun to aid them.

He waited patiently watching the camp for pursuit, he would have to flee if anyone but the woman decided to follow, but if she did he would force his scout to land in the clearing. Otherwise, she would continue overhead, maybe fooling any pursuit into thinking that wherever she had come from, it was a great distance away and that the northern trollocs demanded their attention more then one large half insane mutilated bat.

Guest dragonsworn1991

And just like that the black monstrosity wheeled away and flew into the sky.

Marvole was left scratching his head. Yet he couldn't do that for long the battle was still raging. He could just make out Thallan heading up towards him. Just then a trolloc loomed over him, and Marvole sent a fireball at the creature's head. Marvole looked up but the winged creature was out of his sight, and he kept it out of his mind for now.

Marvole sedai

Wanting to tell Thallan never mind for now at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Scylla was walking around camp, frantically looking left and right to see where she'd be able to do the most good. She had never been in a battle before, even the time she was captured had been little more than an ambush lasting seconds at best. As it was now, the full chaos of the fighting had struck all around her, forming a current that threatened to sweep her away. And with Jon not being able to be there, she missed having someone, an anchor to remain close to.

From the corner of her eye, she noticed something attack one of the Aes Sedai. She turned, her night vision allowing her to see the shape of wings frighteningly similar to her own, on a body that, for a moment, looked human enough to make her think it was her a few feet away.

Her energy spent from the flying earlier, she tried to get up in the air, yet stopped after a few attempts as she lacked the strength to generate the amount of lift required. She started to half-run after the creature, trying to see who it was, if she'd recognise whom it had once been. Would she be able to save more of her kind? Would she be able to talk him or her into joining them as well?

The battle mostly tuned to the background, she kept her eyes on the scout, following where it was going. Surely she must have spotted her by now, surely she would...

Scylla

Following herself

The fade felt the woman approaching through the forest towards their clearing, he forced his scout to land, but he was puzzled as to why she was approaching on foot. When he saw the images sent from his scout, a small smile turned up the corner of his lips, she no longer had the energy to take flight. He could see clearly through the darkness and she was approaching alone. This would be easier than he anticipated.

He ordered the trollocs to arrange themselves so that she would have a path to the clearing. They were to ambush her just as she reached the clearing. These trollocs were well disciplined, something he prided himself on and he doubted that he could make less noise moving in the underbrush, they could be amazingly cunning when they wanted.

In their positions they were all but invisible in the darkness, and with the ter'angreal concealing their presence that could be detected through other means, she would walk right by them unaware of the danger until she was caught in his trap.

The fade waited in the shadows, sure of his success.

• 2 weeks later...

The world spun around the young wolf, the ground heaved as explosions churned the earth, the sky split open with lighting, fire seared the air, ravens made the sky turn black. All through out this, White Dawn barely heard a voice in the distance, calling him forward, or perhaps home.

He was trapped in some twisted version of the Wolf Dream, he did not know how he got here, or even who he was beyond the name that was echoing from the distance, he did not know why but he had to the source of the voice, the wold somehow depended on that.

The progress was slow, for somehow he had been injured in his back leg and front shoulder, which made moving hard, and he almost slipped into one of the craters that had been opened by the constant explosions that rocked the world. He did not know were he was, it seemed like a large forest, but he did not where it was.

He limped forward, towards the voice, but as he came out into a clearing, he stopped, there were human structures everywhere and the area was filled with light. This made him stop and look around, the world so far had been filled with darkness.

The voice echoed from the center of the camp, not knowing what else to do, White Dawn took a step forward, perhaps this is where he was meant to be.     

Scylla had almost made her way to the humanoid form, so similar to her own, spreading her wings to the woman in an effort to make her understand that she was like her, and having no intentions to hurt her. In her mind, she started preparing what to say, how to tactfully convince her to return to the Wolfkin with her. They would see her safe much like Jon was doing for her, she was sure of that. She took a few steps forward and--

--winced in pain as an arrow streaked through one of her wings. She could feel the torn skin, the broken bone, the warm blood flowing down from the hole in her wing. Under different circumstances, she would have marveled at the amount of detail given to her wings, truly a part of her in body and soul, but she had other things to worry about. A rustle in the bushes allowed her to see her assailants, large bestial shapes she instantly recognised to be Trollocs.

- "JON! Over here, more Trollocs!!"

Though she knew Jon to be knocked out by a tainted arrow, his name was the first thing that sprang to mind when she wanted help, and any Wolfkin -- and wolves, for that matter -- would be able to recognise the cry for help for what it was. More arrows followed, and she retracted her wings before they could hit, watching in shock as the Trollocs started closing in on her.

She wasn't out of the fight yet though. With a whipping-like motion, the first Trolloc fell to the ground, claws raking at the dagger stuck in its jugular. Feeling a hint of hope, she drew more of her daggers, throwing them at the group of Trollocs that blocked her way to the Wolfkin forces, intending to create an opening and fight her way through to them. A quick calculation of how many knives she had left followed, and she knew she would need more, but it was the only chance she had and she fully intended to grasp it with both hands.

Scylla

Fighting to evade capture

• 1 month later...

Light suddenly flooded Jon's vision as he woke with a start in his tent, his head hurt and for a moment he knew not where he was, then the memories flooded into his head.

The din of battle echoed from all sides of the camp, yet somehow a voice echoed above all the others,

"JON! Over here, more Trollocs!!"

Without thinking he bolted from the tent and into the open air. The two soldiers who were posted on his tent stood as he ran out, and saluted, though from the shocked looks on their faces it was as if they had seen a ghost.

"Where is my blade?" he said to one of the soldiers, who pointed at a weapons rack to the left of the tent. Jon ran over and quickly retrieved his sword and belted it on. He then turned and ran from the camp without a second thought of if he was still wearing armor, which he wasn't, or to where he was headed, all he knew was that he had to get there.

Jon Valewind

Running.

• 2 weeks later...