DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The War of the Shadow - Of Darkness and Light

Winterwinds

OOC: Thanks  :D

IC: "Jon, i meant the actual date... Please?" She was shaken, he wasn't doing a very good job of reassuring her. Well, all he could do is just keep trying.

"It is the third day of the first week of Tammaz, the year is 320th of the second age, about 15 years since the Aes Sedai now known as Lansfear opened the hole in the Dark One's prison." He said, then added with a slight smile "It has also been fourteen days since the battle were you found us. I hope that is a complete enough answer." And he really did, hopefully he would have to go down in to minuets as well.

Jon

14 days, 2056 minuets, 10,00...but who's counting? 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Scylla, it felt like someone was gripping her heart and squeezing the blood from it. Getting decidedly pale in the face, she let go of Jon, leaning back against the chair she had been sitting on. In her mind, his words kept repeating themselves like some kind of echo gone mad, and she brought a hand to her face, blinking as she noticed she had started to sweat.

- "Tammaz...? How can it be Tammaz... Was captured on... on tenth of Aine..."

She racked her mind for an answer, occasionally shaking her head as if to disbelieve the puzzle pieces starting to fall together in her mind. The end of summer, not the beginning of it. What's more, the actual time spent living in a holding pen had now been made clear to her in full perspective. But... Has it really been four months ago?

Scylla

Disbelieving

After he had finished telling her the date Scylla got suddenly pale and a look of almost terror suddenly gripped her. "Tammaz...? How can it be Tammaz... Was captured on... on tenth of Aine..." Four months, she must of been in a cage for so long, the horrible things being done to her. Jon's heart almost stopped when he thought of how she must of suffered for that long. If there had been more room in the tent he would of taken her into his arms to protect her from the horror of those memories, but then again perhaps there was. And that is exactly what he did, as he said "How ever long you were in that horrid camp, you are safe now Scylla, and you will never fall to the Shadow again as long as I still draw breath, this I swear." His voice was calm, but firm enough to let her know that he meant what he said, he would not let her be recaptured by anyone, be them Aes Sedai or Forsaken.

"You are safe."

Jon

Shall never let her be captured.

Scylla listened to Jon as he made his promise, using the time to catch her breath again and get her mind straightened out again. Truth be said, she couldn't have said a word even if she wanted to at that time. After a couple of minutes, she decided to break the silence again.

- "I'm okay now... Heh, i figured it was long, you lose track of time eventually. Still, i would have learned eventually, i just wanted to hear it from you. Thanks."

She leaned over to kiss him on the cheek, but as soon as her lips touched Jon's cheek she pulled her head back again, looking a bit shocked. After a few seconds, she realised that Jon was still sitting there, and put her fist in front of her mouth as she chuckled at what she had just done, while giving him a mischievious smile.

- "Oh right, i got Healed. I'll need to get used to that."

Scylla

Rawr

"I'm okay now..." Scylla said after what seemed to be the longest wait yet, "Heh, I figured it was long, you lose track of time eventually. Still, i would have learned eventually, I just wanted to hear it from you. Thanks." She then leaned over and kissed him on the cheek, but she pulled back as if scared, perhaps no remembering she was healed, she then put a fist in front of her mouth and chuckled and smiled, "Oh right, i got Healed. I'll need to get used to that." Jon just smiled back and shook his head, she was recovering quickly. "Yes, but you will I am sure." He leaned up and kissed her on the cheek since she had, he might as well return the favor.

Jon

mew :3

Scylla let Jon kiss her on the cheek, resisting the urge to blush. She had figured out how to move now, as long as she didn't make any sudden movements she could actually do more than she had at first believed herself able to. Keeping this in mind, she slowly leaned over to Jon to wrap her arms around him again, this time resting her head on his shoulder.

- "Speaking of... Mind if i practice... Just a bit?"

Her heart skipped a beat at hearing how forward she was acting, but she could still feel the kiss Jon had given her on her cheek. Had she been able to think, she would have grinned, pointing out that it felt like her soul belonged to Jon now, but the simple truth was that she was drifting in her own mind. Her head leaned closer to Jons, lips slightly parted as if waiting for him to make the first move.

Scylla

Not stealing your soul for once

As he kissed her he could tell she was trying really hard not to blush, and failing. She then leaned over and wrapped her arms around him again, and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Speaking of... Mind if i practice... Just a bit?" he smiled, she then leaned in and hovered there as if unsure of what to do, or perhaps waiting for him to make the first move. He did just that.

Jon

You cannot steal what is freely give.

Scylla watched as he leaned over, answering her invtation to a kiss. Though she had kissed before, it felt like none of those came even close to the vast amount of emotions that flowed out of her at that moment. All her fears about never being able to live a normal life seemed to slide off of her, finally allowing the love she was feeling for Jon to drift up to the surface rather than keeping it hidden out of fear of making him an outcast.

For the first time since having been turned into what she now was, she felt... free of herself. Like it did not matter that she didn't look human anymore. And to be able to let go of that realisation, even if it was for the duration of a kiss, made her feel happier than she had been in months. Tears streaming down her face, she broke away to catch her breath again, whispering soft loving words in his ear.

Scylla

Feeling human

The moment seemed to last forever, everything else seemed to just get pushed into the background or disappear altogether. But all good things do come to a end, and this moment was no exception to that. Scylla finnaly broke the kiss and just leaned against him and whispered soft loving words into his ear. Though only moments had passed it seemed like a week, or a year. They would have to break camp soon most likely, and be on the road towards Khor Springs, they had to put as much distance between themselves and the Shadowspawn, but for now none of that mattered.

"Well, I have heard of girls taking a man's breath away." He said with a smile and a laugh.

The rest of the world coming back into focus he heard some laughing coming from the door to the tent, which was quickly cut short by a low growl and most likely a few bights to the unlucky soldier's who had decided to ease drop on him and Scylla.

Jon

Laughing.       

Svylla chuckled at Jon's joke, feeling content just holding on to him. Still, after a while the realisation started to kick in that they were still in a camp full of soldiers, and Aginor's army was still in the area nursing an injured pride. They would have to move. She stood up, her knees still a bit shaky but holding onto Jon's shoulder for support, and looked at him, wondering if he knew what she was about to say.

- "We need to start moving. I doubt this is the last we'll see of him."

She gave a weak smile, still needing the support of Jon's shoulder yet doing her best to remain standing. She wanted to show him that she wouldn't be dragging them down, or forcing them to turn the clearing into a small fortified war camp, complete with palisade and moat. She knew supplies weren't endless, and Khor Springs would be the perfect location to restock on troops, arms and supplies as Aginor would be doing at the fallen cities. Giving his shoulder a small squeeze, she let go, concentrating on putting one foot before the other as she walked towards the tent entrance.

Scylla

Needs to be strong

OOC: YES FINALLY I AM FREE OF HOMEWORK!!!!  ;D Hope i didnt miss to much,now for me to catch up a little bit.

IC: Thallan watched as Jon went back into the tent and then remembered his battle instincts. Going over to a Wolfkin that looked as if he held some rank he asked "I am a friend of your Captain Jon, mind telling me how many strong you are?" The Wolfkin looked at Thallan with a little anger through his golden eyes, but said after a moment, " We have a group of 15 rangers, and around 100 wolfkin soldiers and 2 packs, of wolves that is." Hearing this Thallan nodded and then said "Pretty good force if I am correct about Wolfkin ferocity. I am to help direct everyone to pack up, according to your Captain, we are moving to Khor Springs." THe Wolfkin nodded and then with one last look of distrust, walked away. Thallan then started to help direct people around and pack up.

Thallan

Military instincts kicking in.

After a while Scylla stood and put a hand on his shoulder to steady herself and looked at him.

"We need to start moving. I doubt this is the last we'll see of him."

Jon nodded at this, she was right and he had been avoiding bringing it up. He stood slowly so as to not unsteady, but she seemed fine as she let go of his shoulder and walked to the tent entrance.

Jon followed and came out of the tent a few seconds after her. The camp was filled with activity as soldiers were starting to break camp, they didn't need Jon's command to know that is what needed to be done. Thallan was standing off to one side helping to direct a group of soldiers were were packing up the tents that served as the temporary armories. As Jon and Scylla exited the tent the soldiers stopped what they were doing and looked at them and Jon knew what they wanted to hear.

"We are moving out my brothers," Jon said, "We are going home."

OOC: I hope you don’t mind if I jump in here. If so, feel free to kick me out.

IC: For most it would be hard to see on this moonless night, but for his eyeless sight the valley below him was clear as day. It was like seeing a reflection of the sky on a still pond, what he saw was traces of the One Power that flowed through the world. He had felt her arrive earlier in the weak, the sense was diminished, he guessed some of the light’s weak channelers had something to do with that. In spite of their efforts, he could still sense her, still miles off to the north, somewhere near the wolf camp. He had fought with that group before, and he admired the ferocity of the wolves, born and bred killers, not like the poor imitations that Aginor had created. On the deepest level of their being, wolves hated the shadow, they could not be turned without destroying their soul. That had not stopped them from trying. He felt distrust for the Chosen, they always thought of personal gain, and they would go back to the light just as fast if they thought they could benefit from it. The fade, as he was called, was never sure if these were his feelings, or the dark lord’s, he was made from the dark lord’s power, and was his eternal servant, emotion was not a part of him. Either way, he distrusted the Chosen, and so had been selected to bring the girl back. The Dark Lord was growing impatient with Aginor’s failings, and when he had finally been getting somewhere with his experiments, the fool let her get away. It was only by pure luck that he had been able to maintain his sense of her and pass it to the fade. He shook his head, the Chosen always thought they were above themselves, but these were not thoughts that would help him with his mission. Hearing a wolf howl somewhere in the valley, he thanked the Dark Lord again for these Ter’angreal necklaces that hid their scent, without them there was no doubt they would not already be slain. He did not know where they came from, and it was a measure of how much the Dark Lord wanted this girl back, that he was allowing them to be used.

A black figure soared overhead, his scout had returned. The fade turned back towards the dark camp behind them, he allowed no fires to be lit. The Trollocs had to eat the men they had caught cold. Disgusting creatures thought the fade as he passed through the camp, even if he had spawned from them, they were a clumsy race at best. Suited only for brute force tactics and requiring the skillful maneuvering off his hand, even if any of them had the nerve to attack him, they knew what the cost of his death would be.

The head of a trolloc dropped to the ground as he passed, whipping the night black blade and sheathing it. The fool had been keen on starting a fight with some of the others, and he could not allow any unnecessary noise. Not one spoke against him as he continued through the darkness of the camp, black cloak hanging motionless across his back.

On the south side of the camp sat his scout, an ugly thing, she was black and disfigured, completely mad, missing part of her face and left leg. The wings were intact, and that is why she was with him. Upon arriving he chained her to spikes driven deep in the ground, there was no saying if she would try to escape or if she even knew what freedom was. He had spent half the night trying to make her understand what he wanted her to do. Hideous creature, not like the one they were after, with beautiful purple skin and strong leathery wings. He could see how the humans thought she was attractive before, but now she was truly beyond compare. Bringing his attention back to the creature that lay before him, now that she was here, he could see the camp as she had seen it. They were packing their belongings, beginning to move out, he thought he caught a glimpse of the purple winged figure walking slowly through the camp, but he couldn’t be sure.

Either way, time was short, he would send most of the Trollocs around to the north, and wait until dark, while the humans he had with him, dressed as poor peasants, would “stumble” upon the camp from the west, if their true purpose was discovered, well they didn’t know his plan, and were expendable. Tomorrow night, the northern force would switch the necklaces to amplify their stench. Then he and his small force of highly skilled fighters would attempt to sneak inside the camp from the south, and bring the girl out with them.

He told the humans they were to infiltrate the camp, in an attempt to sabotage the army from moving, while he went and got reinforcements. The Trollocs set about doing what was needed, they knew what he wanted. Now all that was left was to wait, he anticipated combat with the wolves.

Though she was essentially still in recovery, Scylla did her best to help out where she could as the soldiers were packing up camp. Though her tasks were relatively light and simple, they were nevertheless taxing, and she had to rest more than she'd like in between jobs.

To be honest, she didn't quite know what to feel about going to the place where all the soldiers had their homes. On one side, it would also be Jon's home, and just the thought of living in a house again brought a feeling of comfort over her. On the other was a persistant feeling of doubt whether they'd be as accepting as Jon and his men had been.

Not for the first time she thought back on the night the two of them had met, where all that had stood between life and death had been an order by Jon to hold their weapons. Would she have to face that again when they reached the village? Would Jon be accused of being a Darkfriend for having her in his ranks? Out of all the things she worried about, she worried for him the most, though she was careful not trying to let it show. Having been a gleewoman had had its advantages after all.

Scylla

Worried

The camp was packed up slowly, making sure nothing was put out of place or damaged since they may need to make camp in a hurry at any time. Scylla helped the soldiers much to Jon's displeasure, but he could not stop her, perhaps helping would allow her to gain her strength back faster. From somewhere to the north of the camp a wolf howled, and to anyone but him it was just a howl. The wolf had spotted something in the air, perhaps a bird, but with a battle fought here not to long ago he wasn't in the mood to take chances. The soldiers all heard the howl and knew what it meant so they started to work a little faster, knowing that perhaps time was growing short here. Looking towards the south he sighed, home lay in that direction, and perhaps salvation as well, a chance to be at peace for a while. Night had fallen when they were done, but as they started to put out the campfires a group of citizens stumbled into the camp. The soldiers all drew their swords in a flash and the wolves that were in the clearing all got down on their haunches and growled.

"May I help you?" Jon asked as if he wasnt standing in the middle of a camp of armed soldiers and wolves.

"We...we are refugees from a nearby village, we need shelter."

"I am afraid we are leaving, but the main armies camp is not far from here, I can have one of my soldiers lead you to them."

The citizens seemed hesitent, but Jon could not put his finger on why, perhaps it was the wolves. In any event, he turned his back on the group and started walking towards his horse. A sudden flash of pain struck him in the shoulder and the back of the leg and he fell to the ground, a throwing dagger sticking out of his shoulder and leg. Panic ingulfed the camp and the citizens, though now most of them knew them to be Shadow sworn, were killed, or captured. Sound became a distant thunder for Jon as he lay on the ground, from somewhere he heard Thallans voice.

"Dammit, this looks back, I think I can some of this," He felt a finger touch him in the shoulder, "This I think is beyond my ability," Thallan yelled medic, and another voice came. The last thing he heard before blacking out was his own voice, though he did not remember wanting to say anything, "Put me on a streacher, we have to start leaving..." Then inky blackness.

Thallan was shocked when he saw Jon suddenly go down on his knees as a blade brought forth blood to his back. Suddenly one of the Shadow Sworn, probably the one that threw the dagger, was pulled toward Thallan even before he had thought to ebmrace the Power. Drawing his blade, he sliced the Shadow Sworn's leg in two by the knee and then set a quick ward around Jon to protect him. Glancing back to the others he saw them all engulfed in wolf after wolf, some just pinned, while others were being killed by Jon's wolf friend. Kneeling near Jon, he inspected the wound and before healing it he said,"Damnit! This looks black, let me have at it." after healing it,which stopped most of the bleeding, he shouted "This is beyond my ability to heal." in which he looked around and spotted a medic over by the tents "Medic! Get your sorry little butt over here!"  Glancing back to Jon he gripped his hand and then laughed when he said "Put me on a streacher, we have to start leaving..." and then Jon passed out. Glancing up he spotted Scylla literally half-sprinting half-flying towards them. When she landed, he saw the sadness in her eyes, Is he...? she started, "No he is not dead" was all he said "But he got hit by a shadow weapon. Got it in his back when he turned away some civilians." Then he ushered her over to where Jon was being loaded on to a stretcher and the now 3 medics were trying to heal him.

• 3 weeks later...

OOC: I let this sit long enough I think....

Alus knew something was wrong when the captain fell to the ground, a throwing dagger sticking out of his shoulder and just below the knee. She raised her quarterstaff to fight, but the fight was already over...

"Dangit, I wanted to fight..." she thought to herself, then with a sigh she started back towards the wagon she was helping load, but before she could take a step a commanding voice rang though the camp "Medic! Get your sorry little butt over here!" She sighed and ran over to the speaker, who was a Aes Sedai that had returned with the Captain and Scylla. She didnt know his name but she was sure that he was important or else Jon wouldnt put up with him bossing some of the troops around.

Reaching the fallen captain all thoughts of everything else but his wounds vanished from her mind, they were deep, but the bleeding had stopped, most likely from the Aes Sedai healing him. As she started to patch the wounds up the captain grabed the Aes Sedai and said "Put me on a streacher, we have to start leaving..." And then passed out due to the pain, or perhaps blood loss, Alus could not be sure.

She then stood and yelled to a passing Wolfkin Ranger "Hey! Get a streacher over here!" He started to say something about having to get his armor packed, "I dont care if you have to carry a wagon over the next pass, get the streacher and some people to carry it now!" He ran then, hopefuly looking for a streacher.

Turning around she came face to face with Scylla, even though she had been around camp for some time it was still a shock to see her. Scylla knelt beside the captain with a worried look, she then asked, "Is he...?" The Aes Sedia shook his head and said "No he is not dead" He then sighed, "But he got hit by a shadow weapon. Got it in his back when he turned away some civilians."

Soon the streacher arived and they put the captain on it, he looked pale and was muttering about getting the camp moving. Unable to resist her bedside manner she stepped up next to the captain and whispered in his ear, "We are already moving captain, now sleep, or else I will have to confine you to a wagon" she then told the two soldiers who were carrying each end of the streacher to get him to a wagon, and then turned back to the two that were looking at the Captain with worry.

"He will be fine," She then smiled, "I do not think we have met, I am Alus Ravenswood, I am the lead medic of this small band of mutts they call wolfkin." She smilled at her own joke, it was a running joke between her and the rest of the medics that spawned from an insult a soldier in the normal army had thrown at them. The two introduced themselves, and she nodded at their introductions...."This will be a long night"

Alus Ravenswood

Head Medic and wisecrack.

Scylla couldn't help but jump once the chaos of an attack hit the camp. Well... she would have jumped if she'd have had the stamina for it, anyway. She looked up at the sky, testing her wings for a second but ultimately decided against that as well. Better to take it easy and not strain herself, spraining a muscle tended to leave a mess at a hundred feet in the air.

Just as she was on her way back to the tent, she noticed someone calling for a medic, and went over to see who needed medical attention. As she noticed Jon's face however, she broke into a run, gliding whenever she stumbled on a tree root or threatened to stumble over a rock. When she reached him, she was unsure of what to do, and simply looked at Thallan.

- "Is he...?"

"No he is not dead. But he got hit by a shadow weapon. Got it in his back when he turned away some civilians."

Though that hadn't been what she wanted to ask, she simply nodded, accepting the response all the same. Shadow weapons... She had heard some talk about them in the Army of Shadow, and had seen some of her fellow prisoners die as they tried to perfect the Taint on them, but this was the first time she'd seen them be used in an attack. Maybe Aginor's research hadn't been set back as far as she hoped it would have been?

With Jon safely bound on a stretcher, she knew there was nothing else she could do that the Aes Sedai and the medic hadn't already done themselves. Folding her wings again to be partially concealed behind a rather worn looking gleewoman's cloak, she turned to the medic, her dark crimson eyes looking into another set of golden ones that she had started getting used to during her time in camp.

- "Umm... Is there anything i can do? Or maybe help watch over him until he recovers?"

The question was asked hesitantly, as if she was unsure on what to say. With Jon, she didn't doubt she could have done it, the man seemed to give her confidence that she'd be treated like a human even if she still had trouble accepting it herself. With him unconscious on a stretcher however, it felt like one of her supports had just collapsed, and fought hard to stave off the waves of insecurity that were trying to sweep her away. Her concern over Jon was so great, it didn't even occur to her that shadow weapons likely meant Shadowspawn, though given Jon's current state perhaps that was for the better.

Scylla

Hopes the medic knows about a certain light purple skinned and winged companion

Guest dragonsworn1991

Staggering up to the camp Marvole looked like a haggard refuge from the war, but to any male channeler they would see the mass amount of the one power he held. Being in possesion of an angreal also allowed him to take in and add to the already great amount of the one power he could channel.   

"Ahh Marvole good to see you."

"Like wise." Marvole, an aes sedai, a moderately handsome man with a battle worn face and streaks of gray running through his black hair looked at the man on the stretcher, he began to  approach the medic wile embracing saidin. "Quick tell me what is wrong." "Nothing everything has been taken care of, the captain here took a wound from a shadow weapon but he is going to be fine, but you should double check." "Not that, am I to late?" "To late for what?" "I had this feeling, more of a knowing you could say, but i felt like the fate of the war depended on me beeing here. So I walked from the main camp, holding saidin so i could make out the smoke from your camp fires and arrived then i arrived here in your camp." "Well anyways your a welcome sight do you want to see if you can figure out what is wrong with him." "I'll delve him and see if I can find the problem." Grabbing the wounded man's head Marvole set the weave in.

Marvole passed out and he began to dream. The talent of foretelling can be manifested in many different ways and from the few Marvole has had he knew, it would manifest in his dreams.

"Is he dead aes sedai?" asked the medic. "No he just feinted. "

Strange dreams ran through Marvole's head in his unconcious state. Dreams that seemed to have a meaning just out of grasp. There were dreams of mountains falling, earth shaking, and blood and fire rolling together to scourge the land. All the dreams were attrocities but they had the same thing in common, That man, the man on the stretcher had to be their to end it, and Marvole had to help in some way, he didn't know how he was to help, only that he must.

OOC: o.0 ok this is a plat twist. btw i am the Aes Sedai Thallan here just so you know, and if you are one also then we should know each other. Anyway...

IC: Seeing Marvole, an Aes Sedai he hasn't seen if quite some time, Thallan felt a quick panic and searched the crowd for Scylla and also for any other channelers. He walked over to where Marvole was now tending to Jon and was about to ask him what he was doing here when the glow of Saidin went around the man and then he passed out after healing Jon. Quickly embracing Saiding he slowed Marvole's fall to the ground and then looked at Jon's wound. It was now only a pink scar and when Thallan Delved it, he felt that the wound was completely healed but it held a certain...taint in it. "Get a stretcher for Marvole, as Captain Winterwinds said, we are to move out and he would;nt want his healer to be left on the ground." Then he proceeded to help pack things up as quickly as possible.

OOC: Meh, he last name isnt Winterwinds, but it still fits lol

IC: As the Aes Sedai fainted Aoura ordered a stretcher even before Thallan yelled for one. First the captain and now an Aes Sedai who had come out of the blue, would this day stop throwing things at her?

Getting both the Aes Sedai and the Captain to one of the awaiting wagons that were waiting for wounded, Aoura could not help but feel that something was going to happen, but she couldnt put her finger on it. Looking around at what was left of the camp, most of it was already packed onto horses and wagons, Aoura sighed and climbed into the wagon with the critically wounded and motioned for the driver to start.

With that, the fires were doused, and the ranger scouts were set forth, the Wolfkin were on the move silently like the wolf packs that they so often befriended. One last look at the clearing saw a lone wolf, howling towards the quarter moon as it came from behind a cloud.

"We are on the move at last" Aoura thought, then turned back to her task of changing bandages.

Aoura Ravenswood

Glad to be moving.