DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Threads Must Go On!

Empty posts - what are we typing for?

Abandoned threads - I guess the posters are poor..

On and on!

Does anybody know what we are reading for?

Another thread - another mindless post.

Behind the forum, in the board.

Hold the line!

Does anybody want to read it anymore?

The threads must go on!

The threads must go on!

Inside my heart is breaking,

My nails may be flaking,

But my smile, still, stays on!

I was bored.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queen hmm....thats our marching band theme for this year...fun fun....as far as I can tell, woodwinds don't get to do much.....never get to do much as a woodwind in marching band....oh well....oh, that was good by the way, lol!

*laughs* Yes, of course I'm in marching band and will be till I can't no more, lol! I literally live just to play music and listen to it and....I'd die without it! lol! And yes, the Queen theme is pretty cool. I just hope it all works out cause we have a new band director.....and oh my word there's a deer in the front yard....not joking....this is amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

HI! IM BACK! i kinda ran away for a while after the french-ehem i mean..yea

but im a brass player too. i played flute for two years in parade band and one year in field band and baritone for one year in field band. and it depends on the music i think for what section gets the most/best music. cuz sometimes the brass hold the melody but (since im low brass) we mostly do rythms and such.. woodwinds have alot of melody cuz theyre woodwinds and percussion/battery is always the most important part of a marching band. they hold the beat and the rhythm. but drummers (in my school at least) are usually trouble makers soo.. im done sticking up for them. lol

We've got some excellent drummers in our marching band. And, for how small of a band we are, we're pretty good! We took a lot of first places last year and stuff. As well as, in competition against some schools literally twice as large or larger we placed fourth! We were all quite surprised by that considering how small we were compared to them....I think our marching band totals about 40 or 50 and the concert band may reach 60 but don't quote me on those, lol!

haha really? we have 140-some members (and some very good drummers also, not after next year though, im afraid) and our concert band is 70-ish, the other two bands are 50-ish. we place 1st and 2nd on and off against our rivals throughout the season and we recently broke our 5th place tradition at States with a 4th place. (yea..it was all cuz i switched to brass baby...lol jk!)

140 would be nearly half of our total enrollment in the entire school district! As in, total of pre-k to 12! And, I don't think I mentioned that last year was our first year in over ten years to do a field show and we took first in almost all of those (except for the one where we went up against all those humungous schools, lol!)!

Lone Jack, Missouri! :) The total population is around 520 I believe but the total land amount is gigantic! Most of the people that live out here own numerous acres (we have 13 and 1/2 and my grandparents who live next door have 10, the people behind and across the street from us both own over 100!). We're small but far from being in the middle of nowhere...we're only 20-30 minutes away from like 3 or 4 larger towns/cities (I can never tell a difference, lol!).

holy crap! im not used to that cuz i live in a city-like town. i mean, its NOTHING compared to like the actualy cities but we still have a fair amount of planes and trains and malls and stores and roads and etc. the closest area that is farm-like is alden and thats maybe 10 minutes away from my town. alden is alot of houses too but they have alot more empty land out there.

so yea. coming from a large town, i think small towns are cute!

Well, where I live is about ten minutes from a highway and we do get plenty of planes out here (a lot of military ones actually because there's a military base around here somwhere...still haven't figured out exactly where). And, I did live in South Kansas City for nearly 8 years or more so, I'm used to both the city and country life, lol! I like the closeness and business of the city but the open quietness of the country....interesting combination, isn't it?

Archived