DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moiraine and Elayne- Rand's Tears and Laughter

Asajin

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically people think that the connection established between Rand and Moridin is growing stronger. He can now see Moridin's face, and has some perception of what he is thinking/feeling. It is believed, also, that this connection is based on them touching saidin. It seems to only be conciously present when Rand touches saidin, and its been suggested that Moridin avoids saidin completely now because the opposite is also true. I believe that during the last battle Rand and Moridin will fight, in which Rand will sever Moridin from the Dark One once more. Moridin will be forced to draw on saidin, and their physical closeness combined with the fact that they are both drawing on saidin will allow for the Body Swap to occur.

I don't think it will be intentional on Rand's part, or even Moridin's, but i think it will happen. There is some conciderable evidence in various prophecies and the likes... so meh.

Also, final addage coz this seems to always be brought up, no the Dark One is NOT the only person we've seen manipulate souls. Dreamwalkers souls leave their bodies all the time (we know it is their soul because when Perrin went too far, he felt like one 'without a soul' and Aes Sedai know what that feels like) Machin Shin removes souls, as likely does Mashadar. Mordeth was able to insert his would into Fain, and should have been able to remove Fain's soul except it proved too powerful, and from various dream ter'angreal including the hedgehog we even know that human channelers have intentionally been able to remove a human beings soul. in the case of the hedgehog completely, Faile would have died in time.

well, Luckers was the right man for the job to explain the body swap theory.

Anyway, I have to disprove of the "Lanfear being the needed woman" theory. Perhaps she may fight for the light when TG comes, for whatever reason, but it just seems wrong. For one, we can tell that Cyndane is not as powerful as Lanfear, though they are the same. And even if it was really Lanfear, I doubt one more channeller would shift the tide, considering that the light has Nynaeve, Egwene, Elayne, Aviendha, etc. and thats not even counting the Asha'man.

Moirane, on the other hand, can help Rand retrieve his sanity, which, in my opinion, is far more valuable than whatever Lanfear can, or is willing to, offer to Rand.

King Arthur: I am your king

Well I didn't vote for you.

King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.

Well how'd you become king then?

[Angelic music plays... ]

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

King Arthur: Bloody peasant!

Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw him, Didn't you?

Sorry, just had to finish the scene...

Archived