DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How Big a WOT Geek Are You?

Cabriana

Here's my own personal story:

Today, I went to the gorcery store to pick a few things up. I was walking to check out and this young man passes by (20ish). He's tall, really broad with a gentle face. His arms were thick with muscles....almost like a blacksmith's apprentice.

Did I think, what a great looking guy! Or, wow, he's hot!

No, my first thought was, now THAT'S Perrin.

*sigh*

Only thing missing was the golden eyes and the beard.

BTW, the term 'geek' wasn't meant to be offensive. It's only a word I'm using to describe myself. :)

When you randomly with absolutely no provocation scream out "I WANT AMOL!" and then practically go into convulsions while asking your girlfriend "Is Brandon done yet? Is Brandon done yet? Is Brandon done yet?" about every day.

And also when you refresh Brandon Sanderson's web page and blog every 2 minutes to see if the progress bar moved.

I've read the bulk of the books 30+ times.

I've won/placed at trivia at Dragon*Con the three times I went. (1st, 3rd, and 2nd respectively).

I want to call my first daughter Leah Nynaeve.

I've thought about naming a son Perrin Skylar (if for some odd reason we had two boys or a third kid or whatever).

When I was in the military, the... 10k? people on my compound knew I was the walking WoT expert, and would come to me if they had any questions about the books.

I'm sure I could think of more, but I'm doing mah radio show right now... and mainly babbling about DMmy things at my listeners >__<

When you use the expletives used in the books. I've caught myself exclaiming 'Light!' on occasion. ^_^;;

I do this a lot :)

I also bought the AS ring online and had a red-fringed shawl made, with the Flame of Tar Valon on the back. I was looking forward to being 'Aes Sedai' at the Renaissance Festival but now that I'm leaving I don't think I can. Oh well. :)

I know I've had a WoT related dream some time ago, can't remember it though...

When you see someone reading the wheel of time and you strike up a conversation about anything to do with dragonmount or the number of times read who's favorite character, etc. when you would normally stay silent.

That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread  :D

When you use the expletives used in the books. I've caught myself exclaiming 'Light!' on occasion. ^_^

i do this all the time have got some strange looks at work because of it ??? (blood and bloody ashes nd light r my favs)

when you promise your going to take a break from the series for a few weeks and try read something else and then you just have to check someting someone said which results in a twelve book reread (include new spring )because since you've read one tiny paragraph it would be stupid not to read the rest.

When you see someone reading the wheel of time and you strike up a conversation about anything to do with dragonmount or the number of times read who's favorite character, etc. when you would normally stay silent.

I know what you mean. In 1994, I was in the large group of people who performed in the opening ceremonies of the Soccer World Cup (footie) in Chicago. We had a rehearsal at Soldier Field and I accosted this girl reading one of books I hadn't got to yet. I was walking down the steps and I noticed the wheel at the end of her chapter. I almost peed my pants in happiness at finding someone who even knew what I was talking about. She thought I was nuts (she wasn't too far off base ;) )

Archived