DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Work sucks

I had my first day of pre-planning today. I spent three hours sitting in a folding chair in the cafeteria listening to someone explain how my insurance hasn't changed from last year.

*cries* Can it just be summer vacation all the time?

I know how that goes.  I had to go to a meeting a few months back that lasted from 8 am to almost 1.  They covered EVERYTHING from internal and external theft to the proper way to do damages, voids, returns, the numbers chart we all have in our backrooms, etc.  They droned on and on and if I wasn't taking notes for my boss I'd have fallen asleep.

every two weeks during summer we have a staff meeting to cover the training of the new employees and other details that need to be brought up

but a lot of the time we just goof around^^

my last staff meeting we played "sharks and minnows" and other assorted pool games for 3 hours

as well as this friday's staff meeting we are all bringing in foodz and having a barbecue^^

oh and ill be gone till friday but unlikely to be around till after monday!

*laughs* I get to sit through that in a few weeks (*coughs and points to the week before D*con, just to rub it in*), but our insurance DID change. *grumbles* Now they have even more of an excuse to make us crazy... just freakin' wonderful!

Guest nephitess

Wait..... School starts in a week there?? Wow... it does not start untill september whre I am. Dang!

*snugs Kath* I feel your pain!

I think it was last year or the year before that Shaun's school started on August 4.  A full MONTH before Labor Day.  It's just awful.  This year, it's starting on August 20th.  Ugh.

I think meetings about insurance are generally evil, so having to sit through a meeting about your insurance not changing is just really, really evil.

Poor Kath.  *hugs*

Archived