DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Loraine Sedai, Master Kynwric, Mistress Thera and her merry band of trainees

Sieve

It has begun!

Thread is here: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,33286.new.html#new

Since this is likely to get lost in my other thread I figured it would be wise to post a new thread to organize this RP event. This RP event will kill many many birds with one mighty stone so if you need to fulfill a Req or just want to have some fun then look no further.

General Info:  Loraine Sedai and her Warder, Master Kynwric have graciously agreed to take Mistress Thera and her merry band of mischievous children...er trainees on an outing.  Yes we will depart from the Tar Valon on some sort of Tower business.  At some point on our trip we may face challenges or conflicts or be forced to survive.  It is rumored that we may even encounter some angry, uneducated, fashionless people better know as White Cloaks along the way.  (Just kidding about the White Cloaks, they mean well, they are just a little misguided ;) )

Cast of Characters:

Loraine Sedai - as herself

Master Kynwric - as himself

Mistress Thera - as herself

The Merry Band of Mischievous Children - Jasine (The ever smiling boy wonder), Perivar (The half-witted, overly proud, Jingle-headed Arafellin),

It would be great to start this as soon as possible so please post here if you would like to join us.  The 3 powers that be will decide when we leave.  Hope to see you there, the more the merrier. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed it is... and it should be the title of the IC thread as well...

My plan is to take a little trip to Amador, settle some family business and in the interim complete a req for myself. Loraine is coming along for some sort of Tower business down that direction... maybe even in Amador... Thera is coming, welll, because she is... and the rest of you becuase she says you are... which, in the end, will end up with everyone getting a Req (and maybe 2 if we can squeeze them in) done.

So, I plan on starting this off next week. <EDIT> Nevermind, this is gonna be the Leadership Req for me, so Wake Up Call will be a couple of other threads....</EDIT>

Jasine (The ever smiling boy wonder)

I laughed so hard that I had to stop and find a tissue to dry my eyes before I could finish reading.  That was awesome.

Talavin's out of town again, for 3 or 4 more days, I think.  If the thread can wait that long, he may want to join in.  Or he may join in out of guilt because I made you guys wait to start the thread until he joined.  Or he could not join and you can all scowl at me for delaying the fun.  I just thought he ought to have the chance to join, because this sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

Well then, here's what I want to do... I want to pre-set the RP. So I want alls youse (trainees) to do some scurrying getting things ready to go, be it gathering supplies, checking tentage and clothes, mending gear... whatever, do something to get us going... one big post or a couple medium sized ones to get you to where you are gathered in front of the Tower and ready to go... needs to be done by Sunday evening. If Talavin is back on Sunday or Monday then he can join in and be caught up relatively quickly. If he doesn't we're still doing something.

Also, I want you to all assume you are nearing the completion of your Training, i.e. WS 6 or 7. I wouldn't take the unskilled on this little jaunt.

Actually, I will assign tasks, post in a minute or two...

We need to arrange for some White Cloaks, too and hopefully Jade will tell me it's ok to work up my WS, too and we can kill off another big bird with the same little rock. :D

*smirks* and I love this title. I saw my name and said "WTH?" *laughs* I guess it worked... ;)

For my sanity and record keeping sake can you please either post what you are wanting done here or PM it to Kynwric and myself? Thanks!

*showers her trainee's with kisses*

You mean for your Merry Band of Trainees?

Me personally, I need to fulfill a Req.  So whether it is a conflict, challenge, or survival it matters not to me.  On top of filling a Req I am just looking to have some fun.

I'm pretty much the same as Sieve, but it's two reqs.  I didn't have any personal preference whether it was conflict, challenge, or even evaluation.  The whole thing could count as responsibility. 

I'm a lot of help, aren't I? :D  I'll go ahead and pin it down and say I'd like to do conflict and challenge with this thread if I can manage it.

So pick what you want to do and write it down here... or pick two and write them down here... we just have to make sure there's opportunity for them in the RP.

Also, if you know what flavor of Req, i.e. what kind of Challenge or Conflict let us know here as well.

Evaluation:  I believe for most of us this will be our final Req or Reqs in some cases.  Perhaps an evaluation of our ability to become Tower Guards would be proper.  You could assign us relevant tasks along the way that gauge our fitness for the position and see how we fare. 

If that doesn't work and you want to do something different then it would be neat if you just surprised us with one of the Reqs from the list.  Just throw something at each of us and see how we handle the situation or task.  Honestly I don't have a preference at all, I am game for any of the Reqs.

Of course if it is simply too much of a hassle for you guys to come up with something for each of us then I will come up with a general idea for you.

Thanks!

Evaluation would be neat, the whole trip could be our evaluation - that can be why you're taking us with you. 

Challenge sounds like a fun one.  Jasine's good with horses, so a horsemanship challenge of some sort would be awesome.  Races are less about rider skill than horse ability, but maybe something like an archery contest between Perivar and Jasine (since they're of similar skill levels) from horseback would work.

Well, as all of you are around the same WS... I intend for this to be very near the end of your training, nearly ready to be Tower Guard... as it is going to take a while to complete you should all be moving up to WS 6 at the end of it.

Light, I couldn't find the thread again after I first followed the link, I was convinced I was going bats.  It just now occurred to me to check this thread to find it.

I'll get right on top of my post, should have it done tonight.  Sorry, I'm a flake! Having threads in other boards makes me go all blonde.

Oh, look, I've been signed up for an RP...

Anyway, Yeah, so I'm officially at WS 4 but Mat just has to give me a post and I'll be WS 5. I've done enough other random threads that I don't need this for WS but I'm interested anyway

oh *pokepoke* Eq, you owe me a thread!

*blinks and pokes back* All you have to do is post it and link me :)

I will be updating and checking trainee progress on Monday. I SHOULD do it every time you post, but I don't always have time so I am making it a point to check it at least once a week :D